Soundtrack

For discussion of the comic, characters, criticisms, etc. and just dicussion in general.

Soundtrack

Postby Miruku on Sun May 28, 2006 2:29 pm

So, I'm a loser and am on the eternal quest to figure out the perfect soundtrack to my comic.

I shall post more as I figure them out- this is what I have for now, though.
Keep in mind, some of the songs don't really fit for right now, and will fit better later.

EDIT Additions ...and subtractions...must be made to this silly silly list. 1/19/07

Theme song:
Frankenstein by Aimee Mann (my preference is this one, but Crooked Teeth still works)
Crooked Teeth by Death Cab for Cutie (my friend is making me addicted to them)

Random/I'm not telling you until it's already happened in the comic:
Amateur by Aimee Mann
Going Through the Motions by Aimee Mann
Let Me Go by Cake
Shiver by Coldplay
Yellow by Coldplay
Soul Meets Body by Death Cab for Cutie
Tiny Vessels by Death Cab for Cutie
Like Glass Shattering by Ida
Blizzard of '78 by Ida
Who Needs Shelter by Jason Mraz
Halfway Home by Jason Mraz
Love Soon by John Mayer
This Side by Nickel Creek
Young by Nickel Creek
Anthony by Nickel Creek
Brand New Sidewalk by Nickel Creek
Young by Nickel Creek
If I Didn't Believe in You from the musical The Last Five Years
This Side by Nickel Creek
Does He Love You by Rilo Kiley
The Good That Won't Come Out, also by Rilo Kiley
Paint's Peeling by Rilo Kiley
Hail to Whatever You Found in the Sunlight that Surrounds You, also by Rilo Kiley
Brick Window by Sean Watkins
One Headlight by The Wallflowers

...That's a lot more than I thought there were...

So, I will be adding to this list as it becomes larger, if anyone else has any songs that they feel would be good for Emma, please feel free to post them and let me know. I always like hearing new stuff (ie, Rilo Kiley and Death Cab are both fairly recent on my playlist and yet I am madly in love with both of them).
Last edited by Miruku on Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emma; music, drama, romance & slice-of-life
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby Jin-roh on Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:52 pm

How about "The Wretched" by NIN?

I'm kidding of course. Most of those songs I haven't heard. Shiver of course, is a good all purpose song though.
Jin-roh
Regular Poster

Postby Miruku on Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:11 pm

Yeah, I listen to a decent amount of indie type stuff that I don't really expect anyone to recognize. Shiver is indeed a good all around song.
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby Jin-roh on Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:20 pm

I'm pretty sure its a requirement that musicians listen to something other than mainstream pop. I hear that some schools have a class on how to be snobby and elitist about it too. :)

As far as Death Cab goes, it actually took me awhile to get into them. First time I saw them in concert I thought they were boring, but now I like them.
Jin-roh
Regular Poster

Postby Miruku on Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:25 pm

I traded obsessions with my friend. Sushi for death cab.
Gotta say, though, I don't love every one of their songs. Some of them are kinda meh, but then a decent amount of them are amazing.
Miruku
Regular Poster

Death Cab

Postby Mylifeinrecords on Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:16 am

My wife was obsessed with Death Cab for a while. I hated them for a while, then she put all of their albums in the car and I listened to them as I drove around. Now I'm a fan, but I agree, not every song is golden.
<a href="http://mylifeinrecords.comicgenesis.com">My Life in Records</a>
<a href="http://www.grantthomasonline.com">www.grantthomasonline.com</a>
Mylifeinrecords

Postby Lifedrawnpoorly on Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:19 pm

I've never been a death cab fan myself... Actually never really been a real big indie fan.

Actually, I don't really know if I like something until I hear it, so I really shouldn't say I'm not a big indie fan, seeing as how I havn't really heard much.

Here's a song I think would fit emma well (from what I've read so far): Gone Going - Blackeyed Peas featuring Jack Johnson.... I don't like either JAck Johnson or the Blackeyed Peas on their own, but somehow they created a cool song together.
Lifedrawnpoorly

Postby Miruku on Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:52 am

Never heard it...as I don't listen to much mainstream, but I do like Jack Johnson...I still haven't made up my mind about Black Eyed Peas. I'll see if I can listen to it somewhere.
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby Geographic on Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:59 pm

When I saw that you had listed Rilo Kiley on there, I just knew the song would be "Does He Love You". Personally, it's one of my least favorite Rilo Kiley songs, but it does seem appropriate, heh. Have you checked out Jenny Lewis' solo album yet?

On a side note, I was listening to A Girl Called Eddy earlier today. Some of the songs on her album seem like they could mesh well with the comic, maybe? Slow, kinda sad love and out of love songs...
Geographic

Postby Miruku on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:11 am

I haven't heard that album...didn't know it existed, actually(I don't really keep up with most of the groups I listen to very well), but I'll have to check it out. I don't know if "Does He Love You" is actually lyrically that accurate to my story, but I think the general feeling of the song is pretty appropriate.

Haven't heard of A Girl Called Eddy...yet another to put on the list, I suppose (yay! thread serving its purpose!)
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby Aureolus on Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:50 pm

im kinda thinking "Rockstar" by nickleback.. buuut its kinda more rock than orchestra themed...

ah! heres one; "Not Quite paridise" by Bliss.
Aureolus
Regular Poster

Postby Miruku on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:34 pm

Hum, I don't know either of those...I'm not much of a rocker, though, so that makes sense, at least with the Nickelback. Don't know the other band, unless it's the old name of Lifehouse (which I love). I'm guessing not, though. I'll see if I can give 'em a listen on iTunes!

(My stuffs not really orchestra themed, either, it's mostly folk-ish and indie stuff that no one has heard of because that's what I listen to)
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby Aureolus on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:41 pm

miruku wrote:Hum, I don't know either of those...I'm not much of a rocker, though, so that makes sense, at least with the Nickelback. Don't know the other band, unless it's the old name of Lifehouse (which I love). I'm guessing not, though. I'll see if I can give 'em a listen on iTunes!

(My stuffs not really orchestra themed, either, it's mostly folk-ish and indie stuff that no one has heard of because that's what I listen to)

if i can figger out your msn i'd send ya to em! XD
Aureolus
Regular Poster

Postby Miruku on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:50 pm

Sadly, I'm an AIM person...or...an iChat person (I guess), which is compatible with AIM... thanks for the offer, though!
Miruku
Regular Poster

Postby Aureolus on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:51 pm

miruku wrote:Sadly, I'm an AIM person...or...an iChat person (I guess), which is compatible with AIM... thanks for the offer, though!

wahhhh... i cant get my aim to work thats the only reason why ive been biggin' for msn
Aureolus
Regular Poster

Return to Emma