the irony

A discussion area for readers of the webcomic "Sharper".

the irony

Postby Jin-roh on Tue May 08, 2007 6:59 pm

Of today's strip (May 7) is that Scrimm feels that he has the moral high ground. "You can't be trusted. Trust seperates us from animals." This is very interesting considering that he's a con-artist. Not only is he a con-artist, but he decieved his own boss. It's strange that he feels so offended that his own vassel has little loyalty when he doing the same thing to his lord.

That's what I get for reading aristotle before looking at a comic.
Jin-roh
Regular Poster

Re: the irony

Postby CSchaefer on Fri May 11, 2007 5:02 am

Jin-roh wrote:Of today's strip (May 7) is that Scrimm feels that he has the moral high ground. "You can't be trusted. Trust seperates us from animals." This is very interesting considering that he's a con-artist. Not only is he a con-artist, but he decieved his own boss. It's strange that he feels so offended that his own vassel has little loyalty when he doing the same thing to his lord.

Heh, I'm glad somebody caught that. :) Yep, just a tiiiiiiny bit of hypocracy there... Of course, one of Scrimm's ongoing flaws is that he's as good at deceiving -himself- as he is at doing it to others.
CSchaefer
Regular Poster

Re: the irony

Postby Aq on Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:56 am

CSchaefer wrote:
Jin-roh wrote:Of today's strip (May 7) is that Scrimm feels that he has the moral high ground. "You can't be trusted. Trust seperates us from animals." This is very interesting considering that he's a con-artist. Not only is he a con-artist, but he decieved his own boss. It's strange that he feels so offended that his own vassel has little loyalty when he doing the same thing to his lord.

Heh, I'm glad somebody caught that. :) Yep, just a tiiiiiiny bit of hypocracy there... Of course, one of Scrimm's ongoing flaws is that he's as good at deceiving -himself- as he is at doing it to others.

*coughs loudly*

Ahem....more than one person saw it...... :wink:
Aq
Regular Poster

Return to Sharper