Okay, insominia is a pain

A discussion area for readers of the webcomic "Sharper".

Okay, insominia is a pain

Postby Jin-roh on Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:59 pm

I was wide awake at almost 2:00am yesterday and I had to work at 8:00. I don't know what was causing it either, but I think it might've been issues with the fairer sex. It wasn't caffiene, becuase the last cup I had was at 7:45am the day before.

I didn't get anything done on my comic. I just kinda paced aroud the apt until somehow I finally managed to doze off.

In approximently 15 minutes, my body will likely demand a shutdown.
Jin-roh
Regular Poster

Postby CSchaefer on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:35 am

Owww... Yes, issues with the fairer sex will do that. :)

Little tip I've learned the hard way -- if you go to bed and can't sleep after trying for a while, /get up/ and do something else for a little bit, something relaxing and fairly quiet, away from your bed.

I've been told that this helps because the mind associates locations with actions: if you start thinking of your bed as the place where you get frustrated trying to fall asleep (rather than the place where you just SLEEP), it becomes that much harder to break the cycle. Getting up and away, giving yourself about twenty minutes or so to get tired again, can break that.
CSchaefer
Regular Poster

Postby Jin-roh on Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:50 pm

whoa that's really good advice. I think I've been agonizing in my bed far to much for the last few nights. Good advice, thanks.
Jin-roh
Regular Poster

Return to Sharper