Help me out with something!!

For discussing The Green Avenger!

Help me out with something!!

Postby AbbyL on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:34 am

I know a lot of you out there are comics fans, and a lot of you like MY comic! I am trying to get some filler ready for the few weeks after I leave for Japan (to give myself a bit of time to get situated before I have to start with regular updates) and I was wondering if you'd help me with something.

Sometimes they're called What Ifs and sometimes they're called Elseworlds, not to mention Imaginary Stories! If you were to change something in the course of The Green Avenger, whether it happened to her or to someone else, what would it be?

For more information on What ifs or Elseworlds, click the links!

If I like it, I might make it into a cover to post as filler while I'm gone! Thanks for your help, folks. :)
AbbyL

Postby Neo Kusanagi on Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:02 am

awesome ! where in japan do you intend to go ?

Hmmm, let's see here. . .
-You could always make her more Dainty, like a super Femme.
-Or if her parents wre less supportive of her "hobby".
-My favorite "What if" series was when spider man revealed his secret identity to Jameson. Maybe she and Fireman (i dont know his name off hand, sorry) were dating ? But he knew about GA and not AL ?
-Or the big one, what if Abby and SilverShade dated ? Would that have affected her motivation on fighting crime ? And how would it have affected Lavender Fey ? Would she still be fighting crime ?

I will stop there for now, lol.

Oh btw, i noticed your choice of name with Kali. Was there purpose in naming her that ? Or whas it coincidence ?
Neo Kusanagi

Postby AbbyL on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:03 am

Purpose AND coincidence. I looked up some names, and I wanted an Indian-seeming name, because the person the character was based on was from India. Coincidentally, this person wrote vampire fiction where the main character was named Kali.

I'm going to a Japanese University near Tokyo called Kanda University.

And thanks for the suggestions!
AbbyL

Postby Neo Kusanagi on Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:14 am

awesome, or is it more north or south ? I am asking this because I am a Marine and have visited Japan myself. Mostly Okinawa and the Tokyo area though.
Neo Kusanagi

Postby AbbyL on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:07 am

Gee, I dunno... :/ Sorry. I'll tell ya when I get there.
AbbyL

Postby KAM on Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:00 am

What if the goose that attacked her near the beginning were instead her loyal super-pet, like Superboy's Krypto?

The Green Goose? The Green Gander?
The KAMics - cartoons
Ready To Cab - business
KAM

Postby TiernsShadow on Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:01 am

What if the Green Avenger had celebrities doing cameos?

GA: OMG, is that Scott Bakula?
Scott Bakula: Uh--*leaps*

What if Midwestota had a giant mosquito infestation?

What if the Green Avenger was charged with the task of taking a ring to the fires of Mt. Doom?

What if the Green Avenger got a sassy new haircut?
The story of a dog, his teddy bear, and the encroaching forces of villainy that threaten canine kind.
Wonder Woof! Fighting crime - doggy style.
TiernsShadow

Postby Dvandom on Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:37 am

Elseworlds:

Green Avenger in the early 1900s, possibly having to dress as a man to avoid social stigma, and then deciding to do a 180 and go full suffragette city.

Green Avenger and her high school pals as the first superheroes in the setting...they have no rolemodels outside of fiction to look to, and no backstop if they fail against the villains.

Green Avenger born in feudal Japan.

What Ifs:

Lady Groincrush has actual super-powers. :)

The Alarmbot was purchased by someone else, and by the time GA knew about it going rogue, it was Too Late. Now she fights the Rise of the Machines in a post-apocalyptic wasteland!

---Dave
Dvandom

Postby Alschroeder on Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:41 am

You could do a "What if" Green Avenger met Mindmistress....*Grin*

(Seriously, though, sounds like it might be a good time to run that fan art I sent you...)

---Al
http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com--MINDMISTRESS
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroeder/flickerflame/series.php--Flickerflame</a>
Alschroeder
Regular Poster

Postby Wistful_Dreamer on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:14 pm

What if...

Some property damage or unnecessary roughness (or that no one else realized that the evildoers had done something wrong), caused the public to lash out at the Green Avenger.

The GA and team WERE the bad guys (possibly in an alternate universe). Now Firefighter man and his trusty alarmbot (or the real team from the prime universe) must save the day

A "big city" super hero, say Superman (or superduperman, if you're worried about copyright), comes to town for some reason. GA could either be the annoying fawning superfan, continuously solve crimes when no one notices (allowing superman to think that no crime happens in this little town), or save the day, much to superman's chagrin. End with Green Arrow, Green Lantern (take your pick), and Green Avenger swapping costume stories ("you'd think you couldn't get grass stains on a green cape, but try hitting the ground at 300 mph...").

A superhero makeover team (ala the tailor from the incredibles) comes to town and tries to vavavoom the GA. End with gratuituous "sexist sent home in crate/ hoisted on own equipment/sent running with tail twix legs" gag.

Alternate universe told from confusion-lady's (or chicken girl's) point of view.
Give me nothing but peace of mind.
Wistful_Dreamer

I have some ideas

Postby Enoon Erehwon on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:41 pm

I have a couple of ideas, one of them I am going to use for some heavy GA fan-fic.

What if...

1) Kali was a servant, or made herself, into a servant of something much more sinister than herself...

2) An organized government (or para-government) group took notice of GA's and the others presence and decided to step in?

3) While Kali was draining energy from the Lavender Fey, something happened and LF got the sum of Kali's powers and life experiences (a la Rogue and Carol Danvers)?

Just an idea or two.

Good luck at the university!
Enoon Erehwon

Re: I have some ideas

Postby AbbyL on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:54 pm

Enoon Erehwon wrote:3) While Kali was draining energy from the Lavender Fey, something happened and LF got the sum of Kali's powers and life experiences (a la Rogue and Carol Danvers)?

Actually, that's more or less what did happen. Not as completely as with Rogue and Carol Danvers, though. (In any version of that story)

Thanks for the ideas guys! Keep em comin!
AbbyL

What if...

Postby TheLostJournal on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:56 pm

What if the GA was a super villain?!
What if the goose was really a shapechanger, the GA's greatest secret foe!
What if there was a flashback to when the GA was in Anime Club, where all her cool high school friends were?
What if the GA's love interest was really a gay firefighter?
What if the GA lost her powers?
TheLostJournal

Postby Singer067 on Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:35 pm

What if...

Another superhero group heard about LF's encounter with the psychic vampire, and they would like her (w/ or w/o GA) to join forces temporarily and help defeat another similar or greater psychic threat.
Singer067

Postby KAM on Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:37 am

What if the Green Avenger couldn't wear green? (Well, besides the end of the world.)
The KAMics - cartoons
Ready To Cab - business
KAM

Postby Aleri on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:46 pm

What if . . .

GA got turned into a guy?
GA gets interviewed on a talk show
. . . where *surprirse!* the firefighter professes his love for her (along with 15 other fanbois). They have a giant competition (Gladiator style) over who gets the gal.

Please no "what if GA lost her superpowers" >_<
Aleri

Postby Ideal Comics on Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:56 pm

What if Lady Groincrush met her perfect match, the love of her life? What become of her life quest?

What if Gremlins attack? (teehee)
Ideal Comics
Regular Poster

Postby Linkara on Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:09 pm

Well, hopefully you received the fanart I made featuring several superheroes (and heroines) from the Guardians dropdown that I sent a few days ago and you can use that... even though it may need some resizing. ^^;;

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Return to Green Avenger