ChrusherComix: Getting absolutely no buzz except 1 critic!?

A place for the creator, friends, and any new readers to talk about the comic and for the creator to be able to interact with new readers.

Rate my comic:

It is great!
100%
It is good.
No votes
It is mediocre.
No votes
It sucks!
No votes

Total votes : 3

ChrusherComix: Getting absolutely no buzz except 1 critic!?

Postby ChrisChrusherComix on Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:40 am

OK, I was putting off "introducing" ChrusherComix until I got all of my back-issues up. I was intending to color every issue from The Introduction of the Welphys (that took place in the 2nd half of my "Quickie-Comic" series) through all of the Lunaticial Storyline (that took place in The RaYzor’s Edge mini-series). But, a paying project came up and I am concentrating on that. So, I decided to throw up the whole Lunaticial saga (1998-1999) in uncolored black & white and see what people think of it, and the 1,000-page Chrusher Comic saga.

The ratings: Nothing. Nothing at all. Well, one critique that I need anatomy lessons and my ink work was bad, and one report that I had “illegal” Google ads. Sheesh… how nice. At least one of them liked Towner.

http://forums.comicgenesis.com/viewtopi ... highlight=

Anyway, I’d love it if my friends would support me, because I get no support from the strangers. However, my friends would just assume mock every other webcomic instead, and that would leave me no new fans.

So… well… please vote for my comic and say nice things about it. If nobody pays attention, I just will stop making Chrusher, and I’ll stop my plans to make my serious epic 2006/2007 webcomic that Ray and I are co-plotting. So, show some support if you want to see more. TTYL!

-Chris
-Christopher Galletta Stevens, Graphic Artist, Cartoonist, and Webmaster of the following websites & webcomics:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ChrisChrusherComix
Regular Poster

Postby Cow Gagnon on Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:17 pm

duh! those critix r gay chris. your comics are the best. destroying welfares and welphys and bastard buck is the best! hahahahaha! :lol:
Pick, lick, and stick, welfares! Rake it! Grease the fence and slide down it! Sheepead! F*ck-off, Gay boy!
Cow Gagnon

Re: ChrusherComix: Getting absolutely no buzz except 1 critic!?

Postby Darkdetective on Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:49 am

yeah. Critics hated StarWars too when it originally came out.
A superhero webcomic. Updated weekly.
Check out the Spark Animated short film here!
Darkdetective
Regular Poster

Postby ChrisChrusherComix on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:41 pm

darkdetective wrote:yeah. Critics hated StarWars too when it originally came out.

Well, I never get anybody loooking at my comics enough to even rate or critique them. They just ignore them entirely. I don't know if that's better or worse. I think worse because I don't know if anybody likes them other than my friends, who love them and can't get enough of 'em. Oh well. I just keep plugging away at them.

Hey, your comic is pretty cool. Good job! I see you started when you were in Elementary School? I drew one in Elementary School too, and then I put my original character as a side-character in my comics that I did in high school.
-Christopher Galletta Stevens, Graphic Artist, Cartoonist, and Webmaster of the following websites & webcomics:
ChrisChrusherComix
Regular Poster

Postby Darkdetective on Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:42 am

I think you may get more readers if you have a "Recap" page that gives a short synopsis of every issue. Also, it may be wise to have the Characters and Message board (and possibly "Recap" icons on the top of the comic rather than below it.
A superhero webcomic. Updated weekly.
Check out the Spark Animated short film here!
Darkdetective
Regular Poster

Postby ChrisChrusherComix on Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:50 pm

darkdetective wrote:I think you may get more readers if you have a "Recap" page that gives a short synopsis of every issue. Also, it may be wise to have the Characters and Message board (and possibly "Recap" icons on the top of the comic rather than below it.

:) I do have not one, not two, but three recap pages here:

Chronological previews and shortcuts to every single issue (with short storyline descriptions):
http://chrusher.comicgenesis.com/archive.html

Inverted chronologically (newest to oldest) storylines (with short storyline descriptions):
http://chrusher.comicgenesis.com/episodewarp.html

Every issue chronological and separated from oldest to newest (with storyline descriptions), including a special 20th anniversary cover on top:
http://chrusher.comicgenesis.com/d/19881030.html

The new "designed to be simultaneously a webcomic and a printed graphic novel":
http://chrusher.comicgenesis.com/d/20070817.html

And I do have characters on the MB in an attempt to liven things up a bit since I only had a couple of friends making a post. :)
ChrisChrusherComix
Regular Poster

Return to ChrusherComix