Fan Expo 2008

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Fan Expo 2008

Postby Aeridus on Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:20 pm

To make up for not being at cookout, I might well go to Fan Expo 2008 in Toronto (August 22nd-24th), especially so I can see the great Ghastly. :D Anyone planning on going for sure yet? What's a good time to start booking a hotel room in advance? I figure by that time I'll have a steady job with a tech firm, and monies shouldn't be as huge an issue.
My Jam Avatar!

Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Pimpette on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:26 am

I'll be there, dragging Tynan and K-Dawg along as usual. Image

And if you're wondering about hotels... whenever Hobbystar puts its Expo2008 website up, they usually have a list of hotels in the Toronto area. More specifically, hotels that you can get a discount on if you mention the expo.

And oh man, if I don't get a table THIS year, heads are going to roll.
I stab at thee, Canada Post.
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Postby Prettysenshi on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:30 pm

I thought you were planning to go to Heroes' Con, Aeridus? Changed plans or are you hoping to make it to both?
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Postby Dr Legostar on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:01 am

I'll be there, and by "be there" I mean I'll be living in Toronto and possibly yelling at pimpy for failing to get a table yet again.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Aeridus on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:45 pm

I'm going to Heroes' Con instead of the cookout since it's cheaper and I have to choose between the two due to them being too close to each other time-wise. I don't think work would let me get off two weeks in a row practically.
My Jam Avatar!

Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Pimpette on Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:19 pm

legostargalactica wrote:I'll be there, and by "be there" I mean I'll be living in Toronto and possibly yelling at pimpy for failing to get a table yet again.

:cry:
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:21 pm

Pimpette wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:I'll be there, and by "be there" I mean I'll be living in Toronto and possibly yelling at pimpy for failing to get a table yet again.

:cry:

I said "possibly!"
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Keffria on Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:59 pm

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll be there, too, though I won't be claiming any table-space.
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:14 pm

God, we wanna go so bad. Michelle has to get her passport still, and we'll probably be doing job-like stuff, but we're gonna try our darnedest. Hopefully, Maria will have a better car by then and we can make a road trip of it. :) :)
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby Vorticus on Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:17 pm

I'd like to come again. We'll see how my vacation and finances are looking around then.
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby Ti-Phil on Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:07 am

Hmmm...perhaps... perhaps....
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Postby Grabmygoblin on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:34 pm

prolly not
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby CJBurgandy on Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:19 pm

as soon as I figure out how to scrounge up money, I'll buy a ticket. This is my ONLY GOAL in life D: because I'm a sap.

(well Kisai is my other goal, but that's in a totally different sense..... :shucks: )
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby CaptainClaude on Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:52 am

August 22nd to 24th? is that absolutely confirmed official? cos I kinda need to know
CaptainClaude
Witty British President

Postby Keffria on Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:54 pm

Keffria wrote:Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll be there, too, though I won't be claiming any table-space.

So it seems mostly-unforeseen circumstances have arisen, and I'm not likely to be there.

Edit: No, sorry, I definitely won't be there; I don't arrive back on Canadian soil 'til midday on the 30th. If anyone is in Paris or nearby around the end of August, however, I will be there.
Last edited by Keffria on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keffria

Postby CJBurgandy on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:35 pm

Keffria wrote:
Keffria wrote:Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll be there, too, though I won't be claiming any table-space.

So it seems mostly-unforeseen circumstances have arisen, and I'm not likely to be there. If anyone remains in the UK around that time, though, I will be in the general area. ;>_>

D:

ryclaude wrote:August 22nd to 24th? is that absolutely confirmed official? cos I kinda need to know

That's what they have listed on their website, so since it's up on that, I'm going to say they've already booked the convention center for that weekend.

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy

Postby CaptainClaude on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:45 pm

man the number of times i've looked for the website and not found it >.<
CaptainClaude
Witty British President

Postby Tynan on Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:36 pm

Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR

Postby CJBurgandy on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:08 pm

Be There

CJBurgandy

Postby CJBurgandy on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:19 pm

*double post! yay!*

CJBurgandy

Next

Return to Community Get-Togethers