Orlando CGers - Megacon?

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Orlando CGers - Megacon?

Postby Nerdgasm on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:56 am

I was wondering if there's any number of CGers in the Orlando/Central Florida area, and if so, if there was any interest in a meetup at/around Megacon. Seemed like a natural time for a comic gathering :P
Nerdgasm

Postby Dragonkingdoms on Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:50 pm

Well, I'm not that far from the Orlando area (only about 80 miles), but what is Megacon?
Comic Genesis Comic Cookout VIII was July 30th, 2011 (over a year ago!) in NYC. Want to host/plan Comic Cookout IX in summer (fall?) 2013? Feel free to drop me a PM.
Dawn of a New Era
Webcomic Above VII is going on now!
Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster

Postby Nerdgasm on Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:34 am

Megacon is, as far as I know, the biggest convention that happens in the central Florida area... comics, sci-fi, anime, fantasy... little bit of everything. ( http://www.megaconvention.com/ ) IIRC, last year they had some webcomics panels/guests. People come from pretty far away, so I thought it might be a neat time for a CG gathering.
Nerdgasm

Postby Prettysenshi on Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:47 am

nerdgasm wrote:Megacon is, as far as I know, the biggest convention that happens in the central Florida area... comics, sci-fi, anime, fantasy... little bit of everything. ( http://www.megaconvention.com/ ) IIRC, last year they had some webcomics panels/guests. People come from pretty far away, so I thought it might be a neat time for a CG gathering.

I might be able to make it. I'm in SC, so it's not too great a distance, and it falls on my spring break anyway. So I think I might book a trip to Florida :D
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Postby LibertyCabbage on Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:05 am

I might go, seeing as I live in southern Florida. I didn't feel like going to the last Con, but maybe things'll be different this time around.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nerdgasm on Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:27 pm

They don't have any programming listed yet (so I don't know if they're having any webcomics events/panels this year) but maybe a Saturday meetup...?
Nerdgasm

Postby LibertyCabbage on Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:15 pm

Well, I found out that MegaCon coincides with my Spring Break, so, yeah, there's a pretty good chance I'll be going.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dragonkingdoms on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:51 pm

*looks at college calendar*
Last classes February 29 (F).
Spring Break begins March 1 (S), and lasts through March 9 (N).
So, it's during my Spring Break, too! Interesting timing.
Classes resume March 10 (M).

Do most colleges have the weird M-T-W-R-F-S-N thing?
Comic Genesis Comic Cookout VIII was July 30th, 2011 (over a year ago!) in NYC. Want to host/plan Comic Cookout IX in summer (fall?) 2013? Feel free to drop me a PM.
Dawn of a New Era
Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster

Postby Nerdgasm on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:33 am

So for anybody who is interested in going... meetup at the con, or maybe a dinner meetup nearby?

And FWIW, the Web Cartoonist's Choice Awards will be at the con on Saturday. Dunno what time.
Nerdgasm

Re: Orlando CGers - Megacon?

Postby LibertyCabbage on Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:15 pm

I'll be the geek walking around, shouldn't be hard to find me.
ImageImage
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Re: Orlando CGers - Megacon?

Postby Dragonkingdoms on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:24 pm

No go for me this year, I'm afraid. Maybe some other time?
Dawn of a New Era
Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster

Return to Community Get-Togethers