This is just a warning - the Cookout 2008 website will be live at the start of November. This is the FIFTH COOKOUT! Some things to expect:
1) Vorticus has agreed to run the Trip Fund again this year. McDuffies is our first goal. Yes, Mcduffies. Ladies, bring extra panties.
2) Same hotel as last year - different room though; we will have a thermostat! And we have a second room for dancing or attacking each other with swords.
3) Price for hotel is $75 a night - I'm working on getting a true actual price a night with taxes and all that stuff worked in. Yes, that is $10 more than last year - they're a Best Western now and the rates are still $50 less than anywhere else that has a shuttle to the airport and the like.
4) They have a restaurant in the hotel now and it has a small game and tv room. It doesn't serve much more than frozen foods that have been since cooked, but you know, it's right there and all... continental breakfast is still free.
5) No planned construction this year! And they said, "If your room's door doesn't close, TELL US. We'll have someone there immediately to fix it."
6) Same food as last year. Well, same menu - same food would be really gross. Same catering too. Also same general food rules - if it doesn't generally need refrigeration, you can bring it to the cookout itself. Chips, cookies, candy, bread products, and so on. If it does need refrigeration, then leave it in your room (salsa is still an exception).
7) They have promised to try to do better about grouping us all together, and about making sure everyone has a fridge, however they cannot (of course) give a 100% guarantee.
8) Yes, if you come to the cookout, you will get something nifty. Last year Turnsky designed buttons. The year before FAUB did shirts. This year... someone... is doing something... Yes, I know the someone, and the something. No, I'm not telling you.
But it's way cool.
9) Actual dates: June 5-8 (Thurs-Sun). The cookout day is June 7th (Sat) from 10am - 11pm.
Finally, Beth will be doing more of the work this year; lots more. That's cool by me; the cookout drives me briefly insane each year. So if you have questions, bouce them to her.
Beware, Cookout V is coming...