San Diego/Lego Land November 3ed

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

San Diego/Lego Land November 3ed

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:27 am

So first weekend in November I will be in San Diego for the Annual Society for Neuroscience Convention. There are a few of you in the area, so i propose (as i have mentioned many times to some of you already) to meet up at Legoland on Saturday (yes, i've picked a day, Sin). Who's up for it?

Also, i'm not entirely sure about my transportation to get from my hotel to legoland (about a 30 minute drive according to map quest) and I might need someone to pick me up and drop me off, might, not sure on this yet, i could always take a cab or rent a car if need be.

So? Sin? Laem? Team? Anyone else up for fun and bizarreness at Legoland?
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Laemkral on Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:47 pm

Saturday is best, good choice. If I'm given forewarning of how many intend to come I can purchase tickets on base for cheaper prices then everyone pays me back.

I live in San Diego, Lego, and so a drive Downtown is too easy for me to make. I'll be happy to pick you up and drive you there and then back home again. I'll also be happy to show you around the area, and if possible, get a drink with you Downtown. There's only about a million places to choose from...
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:55 pm

Laemkral wrote:Saturday is best, good choice. If I'm given forewarning of how many intend to come I can purchase tickets on base for cheaper prices then everyone pays me back.

I live in San Diego, Lego, and so a drive Downtown is too easy for me to make. I'll be happy to pick you up and drive you there and then back home again. I'll also be happy to show you around the area, and if possible, get a drink with you Downtown. There's only about a million places to choose from...

well most of the weekend i need to spend time with my parents and the neuroscience folks, but i'll see what i can.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Laemkral on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:26 pm

Coolies. If you're looking for any good places to go to for dinner, I can recommend quite a few. Everything in the Gaslamp is good but pricey. Old Town used to have some great places (some still are) but the best is Casa de Pico which is now in the Grossmont area up north. Margaritas are their specialty! Also hit up Neko, he used to live in the area and probably knows of some great stuff.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sincerely on Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:40 pm

I have to figure out how I'm getting there, but once that happens, I'll be there with my gray board.
Sincerely
Ice Queen

Postby Kris X on Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:15 am

I only say maybe.
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Postby Brockway on Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:38 pm

I'll still be in San Diego then if you guys will let me tag along!
Updating again!
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW
Brockway
Dirty Old Man

Postby Laemkral on Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:34 pm

Brockway, you live on base? Cause if you're closer than I am, it'll probably be easier if you pick up the discounted MWR tickets than me.

I can also offer you a ride up north, along with Lego.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby DJMayhem on Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:37 pm

I have a distinct "maybe" on my end.
You know, i should work on this.
DJMayhem
cor leonis

Postby Phact0rri on Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:43 am

its possible I'll be able to go... so a maybe at this point. i'll know the sooner it is.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Brockway on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:43 am

Yeah Laem, I'm on the dry side of 32nd Street. You're talking about the ticket place by the uniform store, right? Or is there another one?

*Edit. Nevermind, found the MWR office by the Commissary. Legoland tickets are $35.10. That good?
Updating again!
Brockway
Dirty Old Man

Postby Laemkral on Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:23 pm

Normal adult price is $57 so I'm gonna say that's a very good deal!
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:39 am

yeah, if you can get everyone's tickets and we pay you back, for that price would be fantastic.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Brockway on Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:56 pm

As soon as we know who all's going, and as soon as I either get paid or get my refund for the ps3 that got lost in the mail, I'll pick them up. Saturday, November 3rd, right?
Updating again!
Brockway
Dirty Old Man

Postby Dr Legostar on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:04 pm

brockway wrote:As soon as we know who all's going, and as soon as I either get paid or get my refund for the ps3 that got lost in the mail, I'll pick them up. Saturday, November 3rd, right?

correct.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Dr Legostar on Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:47 am

so this is getting rather close, 2 weeks, who all is coming, what's the plan? i was thinking meeting up at legoland around 10ish? till 4ish, i dunno, what do you guys think?
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Laemkral on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:27 am

Works by me. I suggest people get breakfast prior to Legoland (cause it'll probably be more expensive inside the park. If we want, we can possibly get dinner in Carlsbad after the park unless people would rather head back home (ie. the long drive folks).

Again, I'd be happy to pick up both Lego and Brock and carpool with them there. Put me down for 1 ticket for now.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:14 pm

looks like I won't be able to join you all. I got interviews on Tuesday,and I'm leaving Saturday morning. its mostly just bad timing with interviews falling on this same week.

hope you all have fun. ha if anyone wants to hang out with me while I'm close (going to be in LA), just let me know as I'm gonna have a few free days, all I'm doing is interviews, checking out apartments, and going clubbing.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby Brockway on Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:26 pm

So 3 certain including Laem, Lego, and me, and 3 maybe with Sin, DJ, and Kris? A ride would be awesome.
Updating again!
Brockway
Dirty Old Man

Postby Brockway on Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:17 am

I can't come. I didn't realize I had duty next Saturday.
Updating again!
Brockway
Dirty Old Man

Next

Return to Community Get-Togethers