Cookout 2008: What weekend is WORST for you?

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Which Weekend in June of 2008 is worst for you?

Any weekend is ok - I just want to vote to see the results.
50%
Worst is Weekend #1 - June 7-8
5%
Worst is Weekend #2 - June 14-15
No votes
Worst is Weekend #3 - June 21-22
15%
Worst is Weekend #4 - June 28-29
5%
First half of June is bad for me.
15%
Second half of June is bad for me.
5%
June 2008 is just a bad month for me.
5%

Total votes : 20

Cookout 2008: What weekend is WORST for you?

Postby Rkolter on Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:08 pm

In preparation for Cookout 2008, we're wondering what weekends are worst for you in June of 2008.

If we get a lot of response that a given weekend is the worst possible weekend, then we won't schedule the cookout for that weekend. Please don't vote just based on preference - we're looking for folks who genuinely have prior engagements or expect something might come up (particularly things like exams or classes or future vacation plans).

If you have more than one worst weekend, post here and tell us which one you voted, and which one you'd like to add. Feel free to post any other comments on date selection.

Tentatively, as per normal, we're looking at the first weekend of June - June 7/8. In a week or two at the most, we'll be reserving the hotel and confirming the date.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Dr Legostar on Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:30 am

i have no idea what my life is going to be like next summer, with impending graduation and a move i can't even begin to know how bad any month is going to be. I'm going to try to make it to the cookout, but i can't make any promises.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Rock_dash on Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:45 am

What Lego said. Also, I want to try and make it to the expo next year, so I doubt I'll be able to make it to the cookout without financial aid...again.
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Kris X on Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:24 am

I said I'd come, so I'm going to try my hardest. The whole month of June should be fine, but with my trip to Vegas for my 21st Birthday... We're still getting a date for that too. So hopefully I can plan that trip around this cookout.
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Postby Nanda on Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:15 pm

I've got money for the plane tickets already set aside, and I really want to go, but Stinky's not so sure... And I hate to say it, but if he won't go, I probably won't, either. So now I must poke him with sticks until he relents...
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Laemkral on Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:54 pm

I have no idea what I'll be doing come June. I could be at Ft. Knox for BOLC II, I could be on the East coast at any number of training schools, I could be in San Diego doing Goldbar, I could be free to travel.

That being said, I will be out of my reserve unit and so if I AM free in June, that weekend isn't being eaten up by drill. I'll be able to decide if I can come in the spring.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:54 pm

Lego - you're coming. You have to come. You're fun to be around and your presence alone helps make the cookout worthwhile.

Rock - Yeah yeah. There'll be a travel fund again this year; watch for it. :P I believe McDuffies said something about absolutely trying to come this year.......

KrisX - I would almost pay to see you try to steal a lightbulb anywhere from our new home... :twisted:

Nanda - Noooo. Make Stinky come. Convince him.

Laemkral - Remember, we have the photographs to get you out of the military if you need them...
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby K-Dawg on Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:29 am

Meh, we'll see if I can make it.

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Postby Killbert-Robby on Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:42 pm

Give me til this weekend to ask my dean when school gets out?
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby Black Sparrow on Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:57 pm

I have no idea what my schedule will be. That's after school is out, so I'll just need to apply for the time off for whatever internship or whatever I get. I'll assume any weekend's fine until then.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby Prettysenshi on Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:50 pm

It's still up in the air whether or not I really want to come. I say, the first week of June if anything.
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Postby Kris X on Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:59 pm

rkolter wrote:KrisX - I would almost pay to see you try to steal a lightbulb anywhere from our new home... :twisted:

You should know by now that I never take the bulbs by my own hands.

Silly Ryan.
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Postby Rkolter on Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:50 am

There's a chance we may be locked in for the first weekend of June due to Beth's employment requiring her to work the other weekends. Looking into that further.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Corgan_dane on Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:52 pm

I suspect the first weekend will be a no go for me, but I voted "first half of the month."

For me, it all depends on Housing and Urban Development, and when the huge grant that is my primary job is due. This year it was due the first friday of June, but at the last minute they changed it to the second friday.

I -REALLY- want to come this year. Last year the new job just kicked my ass, among other things.

:) I still treasure my cookout shirt that everyone signed, though. I'd frame it but someone *ROCKCOUGHCOUGH* signed it on the back, and I don't want to cover that up. D:
Corgan_dane
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:35 pm

corgan_dane wrote:I suspect the first weekend will be a no go for me, but I voted "first half of the month."

For me, it all depends on Housing and Urban Development, and when the huge grant that is my primary job is due. This year it was due the first friday of June, but at the last minute they changed it to the second friday.

I -REALLY- want to come this year. Last year the new job just kicked my ass, among other things.

:) I still treasure my cookout shirt that everyone signed, though. I'd frame it but someone *ROCKCOUGHCOUGH* signed it on the back, and I don't want to cover that up. D:

We should find this Rockcoughcough and beat him up.
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Rock_dash on Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:26 am

rkolter wrote:Lego - you're coming. You have to come. You're fun to be around and your presence alone helps make the cookout worthwhile.

Rock - Yeah yeah. There'll be a travel fund again this year; watch for it. :P I believe McDuffies said something about absolutely trying to come this year.......

KrisX - I would almost pay to see you try to steal a lightbulb anywhere from our new home... :twisted:

Nanda - Noooo. Make Stinky come. Convince him.

Laemkral - Remember, we have the photographs to get you out of the military if you need them...

:P
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Black Sparrow on Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:41 am

rock_dash wrote:
rkolter wrote: :P

*Bumps Rock so that Rock's and rkolter's tongues touch, then runs off giggling*
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:51 am

Black Sparrow wrote:
rock_dash wrote:

Maria and Michelle would be so proud.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Tynan on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:58 am

Yet when there was manlove they were nowhere to be found!
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR

Postby Rkolter on Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:05 pm

Black Sparrow wrote:
rock_dash wrote:

Blah! Blech! Blaaaaaghhh!

*glares at Black Sparrow*
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Next

Return to Community Get-Togethers