Hey, Kentucky people!

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Hey, Kentucky people!

Postby Garneta on Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:41 am

I think I may be going to Louisville for a few days at the beginning of next month...not sure exactly what days, except for the 2nd and 3rd...I'll get the details later.

Anyone wanna meet up?
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:53 pm

Derenge, Ajoy, and I are about an hour to an hour and a half away from there, but it wouldn't be too much of a trip for us (at least ajoy and I have done it many times as her family is there, when you get more details let us know and we'll try to work something out)
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Garneta on Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:03 am

Okay! I'll try and figure it out by tomorrow at least...if I go, I'll be with a friend, so I guess I should probably okay it with him too before posting anything definate.
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:16 am

Kat North wrote:Okay! I'll try and figure it out by tomorrow at least...if I go, I'll be with a friend, so I guess I should probably okay it with him too before posting anything definate.

that sounds like a good plan.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Phact0rri on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:49 pm

its not much of a trip for me either really.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Garneta on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:13 pm

Okay, I asked about the dates today. Apparently we'll be leaving on Thursday. . . *checks calendar* Okay, that would be the 2nd. And we'll be getting home sometime early Monday morning.

Basically, this is my friends trip (going down there for a car show); I'm just tagging along spur of the moment to get out of town for a few days. I figure that on one of the days, instead of going to the show I could visit with ya'll, and see some of the town, get all touristy, etc. Haven't mentioned the get together to my friend yet (I only just tonight confirmed that I'd be going down there with him) but I'm sure he won't mind; I'll mention it to him at work tomorrow.

I'm thinking right now that probably the 3rd or 4th would best for this...but I'll ask for sure tomorrow and post back here (If I don't right away, it means my internet's been shut off because the bill hasn't been paid...they haven't shut it off yet, but the phone's dead...but either way, I'll definately post back here before, say, Tuesday)
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:04 am

I'm off on the 3rd. *s*
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby Garneta on Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:16 pm

Okay, I checked with Obie the other night and he doesn't mind if I get together with y'all while we're down there...I forgot to ask him where we're staying, though...since I won't have a car, I guess I'd have to meet y'all at the motel.

Anyway, it's Tuesday now...we'll be leaving tomorrow night sometime between midnight and 3 am, and it's about an 8 hour drive. If I can, I'll post to this thread as soon as I get checked into the motel; probably won't post anything else before then because they did go ahead and turn off my internet at home (I'm at Panera right now...yay for laptops!)

Anyway, once I get down there I could always PM someone my cell phone number too. Hope to see y'all in a couple days! :D
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:18 pm

i don't think we'll be able to make it the 3ed or the 4th, we both have work on friday and saturday's gonna be a bit though, i'm really sorry, kat :(
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Garneta on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:15 am

Well, as it turns out, I couldn't make it either...I called my friend Wednesday afternoon to ask when we were leaving, and he said he didn't know yet, that he'd call me back...but he never did, and I haven't been able to get ahold of him since. So I didn't get to go down there after all. :evil: :cry: :P
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:20 am

Kat North wrote:Well, as it turns out, I couldn't make it either...I called my friend Wednesday afternoon to ask when we were leaving, and he said he didn't know yet, that he'd call me back...but he never did, and I haven't been able to get ahold of him since. So I didn't get to go down there after all. :evil: :cry: :P

seeing as none of us did either i guess it works out okay.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Return to Community Get-Togethers