everything I know I learned from Comic Genesis Cookout 2007

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Postby Nanda on Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:54 am

Dotty wrote:
Keffria wrote:Apparently honey mustard is, in some places, more like honey-ish mayonnaise. Needless to say, I was sorely disappointed. >_<

D:

Mustard and Mayonnaise should never mix!

Segregation never, integration now!
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tim on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:13 am

*sadly waves his little "MAYO" flag alone in the corner*
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Location: Bay State, ol' Bay State, I lift my heart to you (bum bum bum)

Postby Nanda on Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:10 am

Tim wrote:*sadly waves his little "MAYO" flag alone in the corner*

Awwww... I'll join your Mayo cause! I generally dislike ketchup AND mustard! (And don't even get me started on relish!) :ick:
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:17 am

Now, chopped onions on the other hand, make a delicious condiment so long as they are fresh and not those greazy bits of white that come out of the packets of chopped onions.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Laemkral on Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:22 am

rkolter wrote:Now, chopped onions on the other hand, make a delicious condiment so long as they are fresh and not those greazy bits of white that come out of the packets of chopped onions.

*chokes down some vomit* Oh god, those packets are horribly disgusting. The real deal, freshly chopped, is absolutely amazing. My dad mixes in very finely chopped white onion into a hamburger patty and it really kicks it up a notch.

Another thing I learned at the Cookout: American Airlines SUCKS.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dotty on Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:43 am

They make packets of onions? D:

Fresh is indeed better, and great for lots of things! Hamburger patties is my #1 reason for their existance, though.

Maybe I'll make some hamburgers tonight...
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:56 am

They take an onion, blend it until it's mostly liquid, drain the water off, add a bit of vinegar, salt, and preservatives, and package it for sale in little ketchuplike packets that say "minced onion" or "chopped onion" on them.

What comes out looks like bits of white crap in some kind of runny, vaguely cloudy juice. It's like curdled semen, except less appetizing.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Tim on Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:15 pm

rkolter wrote:What comes out looks like bits of white crap in some kind of runny, vaguely cloudy juice. It's like curdled semen, except less appetizing.

You find curdled semen appetizing? (relatively speaking)
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Location: Bay State, ol' Bay State, I lift my heart to you (bum bum bum)

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:36 pm

freshly chopped onions for the win, i've never tried those packet things and i never would anyway.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:25 pm

I don't have to deal with a lot of weird things, like you regulars. Mayo... nope... honey mustard don't think so. I do like a good spicy Mustard (deli mustard I think its called), and on my strange pseudo burgers I use both ketchup and mustard. I don't eat a lot of ketchup or mustard. What I do abuse the hells out of is garlic salt.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby IVstudios on Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:10 pm

THE best condiment ever. Period.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:29 pm

Dotty wrote:They make packets of onions? D:
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Risky on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:36 pm

Nanda wrote:I don't care which condiments you all prefer, so long as you're practicing safe sex.
If you are using sweet / sugary condiments, no one is safe.
~Scott
Image Image
Risky

Postby Dotty on Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:51 am

rkolter wrote:What comes out looks like bits of white crap in some kind of runny, vaguely cloudy juice. It's like curdled semen, except less appetizing.

*Looks at her breakfast, which she now has absolutely no desire to eat*

D:
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Postby Risky on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:54 pm

rkolter wrote:Now, chopped onions on the other hand, make a delicious condiment so long as they are fresh and not those greazy bits of white that come out of the packets of chopped onions.
There's a recall in effect for onion packets due to bacterial infestation... Trader Joe's.
~Scott
Image Image
Risky

Postby Rkolter on Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:15 pm

Risky wrote:
There's a recall in effect for onion packets due to bacterial infestation... Trader Joe's.

I like Trader Joe's... but I still wouldn't buy onion packets from them. I prefer my onions fresh cut and crunchy.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Risky on Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:14 pm

Couldn't agree more.
~Scott
Image Image
Risky

Postby Ajoy on Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:02 pm

I like onions as well. :D
Ajoy

Postby Rock_dash on Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:25 am

You all make me sick.
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Garneta on Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:38 pm

Onions= :ick:

I was horrified the one and only time I went to White Castle. I ordered a burger as I do at every place (with only certain toppings...no onions allowed!). And there were onions IN the burger! Who would ruin a perfectly good burger that way?!?! (Then I went to the 2nd annual cookout and witnessed Kolter cook the burgers that exact same way) Tsk tsk tsk...you crazy people and your onions.
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers