Pre-FanExpo2007 Thread (August 24-26)

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Postby Tynan on Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:19 am

Then go in peace my son...till you need to hit someone.
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR

Postby Dotty on Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:51 am

You are SO getting molested.

Also, maybe we could fundraise Claudes lodgings, if he can swing flying out?
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Postby DJMayhem on Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:03 pm

i'm looking into it right now.

can't guarantee anything at the moment, though.
You know, i should work on this.
DJMayhem
cor leonis

Postby Tynan on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:37 am

Dotty wrote:You are SO getting molested.

Also, maybe we could fundraise Claudes lodgings, if he can swing flying out?

Shouldn't that be the otherway around?...but we'll see what's up.
Tynan

Postby CJBurgandy on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:17 am

Just to warn, I've requested to Dawg that our Wonderland Adventure take place on Monday. It's a non-con day and what not. I'm sad Claude won't be going. We'll have to drink in his memory.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Tynan on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:54 am

We shall call him and all shout "GRONK!" in respect for the masterful manlike man.
Tynan

Postby Dotty on Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:29 pm

cjburgandy wrote:Just to warn, I've requested to Dawg that our Wonderland Adventure take place on Monday. It's a non-con day and what not. I'm sad Claude won't be going. We'll have to drink in his memory.

CHEERS!

*gets smashed off wine*
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Postby CJBurgandy on Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:34 pm

I figure if we pick a drinking day, I won't medicate myself that day so I can join in on the festivites. Also, Ty, I want to know if you'd check out a place called XO Karaoke. Perhaps as like a thursday/friday/or saturday night activity?

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy

Postby Dotty on Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:40 pm

Whatever day, doesn't matter, i'll drink it every day i'm in the city. Cause thats a special time for Dottys XD
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tynan on Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:57 pm

I'll give it a look when we come back CJ.
Tynan

Postby CJBurgandy on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:32 pm

thanks Ty! *huggles*

Edit: and have a safe trip

edit again to avoid double post:
However, accommodations might pose a problem. For various reasons, Dawg has decided he will not be able to house people this time around (though he has mentioned throwing a party for everybody one night). The Hobbystar site has some hotels listed, and the cheapest one by FAR would be the Global Village Backpackers Hostel: Rates from $25/night CDN ($23 USD)
I will poke around the internet for more in case that one gets booked up, but the ones listed on the Hobbystar site have special discounts for those who mention the Fan Expo.

I was checking out their website, and it looks that you'll always likely have 4 people to a room, so it might be best to pair up with people you know to make your reservations so you can share a room with CG peeps.

CJBurgandy

Postby Ti-Phil on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:29 pm

Hmm, depending if I work on a studio or not I'll try to go (at least for the week ends, I'm surprised to see animators don't work 6 days like in school, oh well!).
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Postby CJBurgandy on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:41 am

two words....

Adam West

CJBurgandy

Postby Dotty on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:51 am

Also we can see William T. Riker/Jonathan Frakes amazing transformation into the next William Shatner!
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:10 pm

I'm currently waiting for my passport ('mericans are being slow about issueing them right now) but if it comes in time, I'm planning on coming to the Expo this year. I'll have more info as stuff comes to fruitation. mainly I'm deciding to go and moving my relocation date back further, cause I really want to come to Canada, and see Toronto, as I've never been. Plus I wanna see the non-nice Hells Angels of Canada!

No table for me though, I don't really have anything for one.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Phact0rri on Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:04 pm

so what airport should we be flying into btw. also I never been to Toronto before, and so never flew into the airport, I suppose there's public transit to get to where I need to be... ala hotel room or what not?

plus how long are people staying? up until tuesday (to go the rollercoaster place)? and erm anyone down with maybe getting a quad bed set up at the Backpackers Hostel thing? if there's four of us we can get a room all together more than likely.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby Keffria on Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:14 pm

I'll probably be arriving by train at Union Station on the Wednesday or Thursday before the Expo, and loafing around 'til the Tuesday or Wednesday afterwards, depending on how much time I can get off work. Thankfully, it's earlier this year, so I don't have to worry about getting back in time to go to class.

Oh, and if anyone else is game for just riding the subway (yay!) to Interesting Places and/or wandering around/getting lost on a non-Expo day, I'm all for it. :3
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

Postby Dotty on Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:21 am

Augh! The subway! D:

I'm game, if I can make it. They switched my crews on me, and now I have to work that bloody weekend. I'll try and get it off, but things aren't looking good. :(
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tynan on Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:14 pm

Don't worry buddy...I'LL JUST HAVE TO BEND YOU!
Tynan

Postby CJBurgandy on Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:01 pm

Phact: Airport code you'll probably wanna shoot for is YYZ

CJBurgandy

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers