Cookout 07' Video Games

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Cookout 07' Video Games

Postby Rock_dash on Wed May 16, 2007 12:03 pm

Vort and I have been discussing video games at the cookout, and this is what we've worked out so far.

VORT IS BRINGING:
Gamecube Memory Card with Smash Bros Data
Two (Possibly three) Cube controllers
Two DDR dance pads
Smash Bros Melee
Mario DDR

ROCK IS BRINGING:
Four Cube Controllers

LAEMKRAL IS BRINGING:
Gamecube
3 Cube Controllers
Smash Bros w/memory card data
Mario Party 5 and/or 7

LEGO IS BRINGING:
Gamecube
Unspecified number of controllers
Lego Starwars
Metroid Prime 2

TDOT IS BRINGING:
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Two Cube controllers

If anyone else has any other party games, accessories, or whatever that they want to bring, post here and I'll update the list.

Please, if you do bring something, label it so there's no mixups. I know I'd hate to go in with my own controllers and leave with someone else's.

Edit: No more controllers. I think we have more than enough.
Last edited by Rock_dash on Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Laemkral on Wed May 16, 2007 12:20 pm

I've got me some Mario Party 5 and 7 for the GCN.

7 even has a microphone!

Also, I can bring my own GCN and some controllers so we can have multiple games of stuff going all at once, including Smash Bros.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Wed May 16, 2007 1:03 pm

I will find out if we can get insurance on the Television; if we can not get insurance on the television, then there will be no Wii.

Don't moan, don't laugh. If that TV gets broken, Beth and I would be on the hook for it.

I know I mentioned this a long time ago somewhere.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Rkolter on Thu May 17, 2007 3:41 am

All other video systems that don't involve wildly waggling the controller at the fragile screen are, of coure, welcome. :D

And someone better bring videos too.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter

Postby Garneta on Thu May 17, 2007 7:52 am

:D Yay! Smash Brothers, Mario Party, and DDR!!! I say again, "Yay!"

Videos, eh? Maybe we'll bring the thumb movies...
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Killbert-Robby on Thu May 17, 2007 11:54 am

Doesn't look like I'll be making it, but might I suggest Singstar? Or somebody rents it from a nearby store or something? I'd demand videos.

*edit* ah but nobody is bringing a PS2
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Thu May 17, 2007 5:18 pm

since i'm heading home on vacation after the cookout I'll probably be bringing my cube with me, as such I shall bring my controlers (including a wavebird) and the lego starwars games and metroid prime 2 which has multiplayer.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Vorticus on Sat May 19, 2007 9:05 am

If no insurance can be obtained for the tv I will bring my cube instead with smash bros and ddr.
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby Dotty on Sat May 19, 2007 10:37 am

If I can bring my laptop I'll have all kinds of SNES/NES/etc games, but I dunno the whole shebang revolving around bringing laptops onto aircraft.
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Sat May 19, 2007 10:44 am

Do we really need THREE gamecubes? Unless we have the means to link them all together for some Mario cart or something, I think that might be going a little overboard. If Lego's bringing his anyway, maybe somebody should leave theirs at home?
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Laemkral on Sat May 19, 2007 11:21 am

rock_dash wrote:Do we really need THREE gamecubes? Unless we have the means to link them all together for some Mario cart or something, I think that might be going a little overboard. If Lego's bringing his anyway, maybe somebody should leave theirs at home?

i'll leave mine, but bring controllers and such
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dotty on Sat May 19, 2007 12:53 pm

....CAN we link them together for mario kart? Cause that would be fucking awesome :D
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Sun May 20, 2007 8:53 am

TdotOdot2k wrote:....CAN we link them together for mario kart? Cause that would be fucking awesome :D

I'll see if I can figure out how, cause that would be pretty damn cool. Only thing is, for a full on game, we'd need multiple TVs in one spot, and the hotel might not take kindly to us moving all thier TVs around.
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Vorticus on Sun May 20, 2007 1:10 pm

TdotOdot2k wrote:....CAN we link them together for mario kart? Cause that would be fucking awesome :D

I concur. However I don't have Mario Kart. I'll need to know before June if I should obtain it.
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby Phact0rri on Thu May 24, 2007 3:30 pm

mario cart would be fun. I like that better than smash bros.. but I am probably the minority.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Laemkral on Wed May 30, 2007 4:20 pm

Okay, so Lego and I are bringing GCNs so Vort can lug his Wii, is that the battle plan? I'm going to be going through some practice packing after this weekend so I can economize into as few bags as possible with as few checked bags as possible. I don't trust my electronics to being checked and thrown into the cargo hold, and given that I'm bringing both a Cube and my Mac Mini...this must be done delicately.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Wed May 30, 2007 10:58 pm

I don't think Vort's bringing his Wii after all. I'll check again and update the list tomorrow. Laem, if you can't manage to bring your cube, that's okay, we'll make do without.
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Linkara on Wed May 30, 2007 11:39 pm

Should I bring my own controller for the Game Cube or are we going to have enough controllers just from all the people bringing theirs?

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby Rock_dash on Thu May 31, 2007 8:18 am

Yeah, bring them if you want, Linkara, just make sure to label them. How many are you bringing?
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Dotty on Thu May 31, 2007 9:51 pm

I can bring 2 GCN controllers and mario kart!
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to Community Get-Togethers