Cookout Hotel Room Still Needed

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Cookout Hotel Room Still Needed

Postby Aeridus on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:50 am

Everyone, if you still haven't reserved a hotel room or need an extra person in your room for the ComicGenesis Cookout, please reply to this thread. The discount rate opportunity ends at the end of this week.

Personally, I am looking for anyone who doesn't mind an extra male in their room, and I sleep fairly soundly, though I do have allergies so I might not be ideal for light sleepers. I do pack light, however.
My Jam Avatar!

Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:49 am

Please note Christwriter and PrettySenshi2k6 may end up rooming together but as of right now are officially looking for female (only) roommates.

If you have space and wouldn't mind a roommate, please post; if you need a hotel room, please post. Get together, work this out.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I would also like to make a more general call for people who are attending the cookout to post who they are rooming with, and who is reserving the room. Please do not assume I know who you are rooming with - just pretend I don't know and tell me. (I was going to do this anyhow, but since this thread exists, maybe it can do a dual-purpose?)

You don't HAVE to tell me; however it makes sense to do it because people may arrive at different times and Beth and I might be called upon to say, "Yeah, that person goes in that room". Also, it makes it easier to find everyone for all sorts of other activities. I'll print out a list based on this for the cookout so folks can meander around and gather parties together and do stuff.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Nanda on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:19 pm

The wigfiddle and I are sharing a room, it is reserved in my name, and we arrive together on Friday afternoon.

*bounces*
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Laemkral on Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:23 pm

In case it hasn't been made clear yet, the cool room this year (male) will be lego, cort, vort, and me. Members of the cool room this year (female), and all others from the female species, are invited to our room at any given point in time for any reason what so ever. Clothing optional.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tim on Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:44 pm

Hogan and I will be rooming together. Hogan arrives Thursday evening (and will stay the extra night by himself), and I will arrive Friday afternoon.

If Laemkral and company are the "cool" room, then we shall be the hawt room. ;)
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Location: Bay State, ol' Bay State, I lift my heart to you (bum bum bum)

Postby RemusShepherd on Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:53 pm

I have room all to myself, from Thursday night to Sunday.

I'm reluctant to room with anyone else, because I'm...well, an antisocial bastard with digestive problems, and even in good times lately I've had to perform weird yoga stretches in the morning and evening or I lose the ability to walk. I'm a poor roommate. :) But I would not turn away anyone in need if they need a room and have no alternatives. I've already offered Aeridus my room as his last resort, and I can take on more people if they have no other place to go.

I hereby dub my room the 'wolf den'. :)
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Robin Pierce on Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:18 pm

perhaps consider putting this in community get-together forums?

That's what it's for really, and everyone going to the cookout'll check there anyhow.
Image Image Image
Commissions currently at Sale Prices, for details click third link
Robin Pierce
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Black Sparrow on Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:21 pm

I've got four awesome ladies lined up for my room. MixedMyth, Dragonmajik, Ryuko, and me. As far as I know, Ryuko, Dragonmajik, and me will be showing up on Thursday... not sure on MixedMyth. Ryuko and I will (probably) be coming together.

Judging who I'm rooming with, I dub my room the "Room o' Talent"
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby Tim on Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:49 pm

Wait, Ryuko's coming?
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Postby Black Sparrow on Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:07 pm

Most likely. Practice drawing the Green Avenger for the sketchbook swaps. Image
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby Ekolter on Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:42 pm

Of course this had to be said....

I'm rooming with Ryan and we have the jacuzzi. I dub the room as The Room of Guility Pleasures ;)
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Postby Vorticus on Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Tim wrote:Wait, Ryuko's coming?

Yes she's coming. This is information recent as last thursday. She just needs to get A job. She does have a few options lined up. She's also a very fun person to be around.
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby Ekolter on Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Vorticus wrote:

Yes she's coming. This is information recent as last thursday. She just needs to get A job. She does have a few options lined up. She's also a very fun person to be around.

She needs to pay the fee and sign-up. I don't see her on the list at the moment.
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Postby Vorticus on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:00 pm

mrs_rkolter wrote:
Vorticus wrote:

She needs to pay the fee and sign-up. I don't see her on the list at the moment.

I'll bug her about it.
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby Rkolter on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:25 pm

pierce studios wrote:perhaps consider putting this in community get-together forums?

That's what it's for really, and everyone going to the cookout'll check there anyhow.

I thought about it, but we do have the admin ok to have a few cookout related threads in this forum. The ones here have needed to get out to as many attendants as possible, pretty quickly.

Aeridus, Christwriter, and Prettysenshi have mentioned their request in chat and in Get Togethers already. And there may be others who are waiting a little too long to get their rooms this might be a reminder for.

It seems reasonable given the time crunch.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Tim on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:48 pm

Vorticus wrote:

I have absolutely no problem with her attending; in fact, that's great! I just hadn't seen her on the list, so it's a pleasant surprise :)
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:47 pm

If we're naming our rooms, then Stinky and I shall be residing in The Panic Room.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Aeridus on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:06 pm

RemusShepherd wrote:I have room all to myself, from Thursday night to Sunday.

I'm reluctant to room with anyone else, because I'm...well, an antisocial bastard with digestive problems, and even in good times lately I've had to perform weird yoga stretches in the morning and evening or I lose the ability to walk. I'm a poor roommate. :) But I would not turn away anyone in need if they need a room and have no alternatives. I've already offered Aeridus my room as his last resort, and I can take on more people if they have no other place to go.

I hereby dub my room the 'wolf den'. :)

I have my own digestive problems, but I do sleep like a rock so early morning stretches or whatnot won't bother me in the least. ;) Also, I have no problem with the antisocial bit as I generally don't talk much in real life unless the situation calls for it. Though if you do prefer to have the room to yourself all the same, I'll keep my request open. I plan to make my decision final by Thursday.
My Jam Avatar!

Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Garneta on Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:51 pm

We're rooming with Fadie and TDot. Fadie's reserving the room. Jim and myself will be arriving on Thursday sometime, don't know about the other two.
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Rkolter on Tue May 01, 2007 5:14 am

Update:

Aeridus, PrettySenshi, and Christwriter are still looking for roommates.

I really, really need Ryuko to confirm at least here, if not by registering, that she's coming - I have zero record of her.

I have the hotel rooms to this point listed, and have added any cutesy names mentioned. Artists... sheesh. And yes, I'll put those names on the handout.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Next

Return to Community Get-Togethers