Party at Nanda's - What kind of sandwich do you want?

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Postby MrEff on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:35 pm

I am so down! Living in Worcester it should be fairly easy to get out there (I do know my way around a bit growing up in NE connecticut) And it sounds like a blast! It will probably be myself and my girl coming along (as I don't have a license at the moment)

Saturday would work best for us as we both work during the week and due to the commute to Boston and back we don't tend to get in until 9pm

Otherwise it sounds like a blast! Can't wait to meet up with you good ol forum-ites and put faces to the cmics that entertain us all...

Big thanx to Tim for sending me an e-mail about this too! I rarely get time to check the forum and I don't think I've ever stopped by this section before...

-MrEff-

(Oh and I just watched the trailer for Paprika.... holy hell all of my votes go for that!)
MrEff
Regular Poster

Postby Nanda on Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:53 pm

Damn! This little get-together is getting not-so-little! :D

Current list of potential party-goers:

Nanda
Stinky
Skunkadoo
Mort
Misty
Tim
Spriteville
Grabmygoblin
MrEff
MrsEff

Ok, at this point, I think we've heard from enough people to determine that we're doing this thing on Saturday, the 26th of May, and that we'll be seeing Paprika in the evening, and going to the zoo in the morning/early afternoon.

Does anyone have any questions/concerns? For food, do we want to do a potluck sort of thing, or would we all like to chip in for wings or pizza? Let's discuss.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby MrEff on Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:00 pm

Honestly wings and pizza doesn't sound too shabby... would this take place at your residence or at a local establishment?

-MrEff-
MrEff
Regular Poster

Postby Nanda on Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:12 pm

MrEff wrote:Honestly wings and pizza doesn't sound too shabby... would this take place at your residence or at a local establishment?

-MrEff-

It's taking place at my house. We weren't planning anything fancy - Mort and Misty were just coming up to visit, like they do occassionally, and then Tim got in on it, and it just sort of snowballed from there. All very informal, just friends hanging out.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby The Mortician on Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:21 pm

Now its "Nandacon 2007".

I will remember to bring the big paper this time. Last time we had the snow storm and I left it back in my car, back at Misty's house. I forgot it was in the trunk D:
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:38 pm

Yay! The Big Paper! :D
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tim on Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:33 am

I just thought it would be cool to get every local CG person we could all at one place and time. Forgive me for having a little regional pride :P ;)
(Actually, I only emailed 5 people, two of whom have gotten back to me so far, MrEff included)

I'm all for ordering in greasy fried goodies. The more informal hanging-out we get to do, the better. It might even be nice enough where we could hang out outside! In the sun! :o
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Location: Bay State, ol' Bay State, I lift my heart to you (bum bum bum)

Postby MrEff on Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:14 am

Tim wrote:It might even be nice enough where we could hang out outside! In the sun! :o

What is this "sun" you speak of?? I've never heard of such a contraption... at least not in New England... :P

So should we make buttons of our avatars? It might make for easier recognizing... XD

-MrEff-
MrEff
Regular Poster

Postby Nanda on Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:18 am

MrEff wrote:So should we make buttons of our avatars? It might make for easier recognizing... XD

-MrEff-

You can if you want. Most of us already know each other personally, though, so when some guy shows up that we don't all immediately recognize, we'll know it's you. :wink:

Tim wrote:I just thought it would be cool to get every local CG person we could all at one place and time. Forgive me for having a little regional pride. :P :wink:

Geez, Tim, it's almost like you've forgotten how antisocial and nasty New Englanders are... yeesh! :wink: Seriously, though, no need to apologize! This is all very exciting.

Tim wrote:The more informal hanging-out we get to do, the better. It might even be nice enough where we could hang out outside! In the sun!

Funny you should mention it.... I was thinking, as I looked at my not-so-enormous house, that if the day was really nice, we could move the party to the backyard for awhile (the crop circle Stinky's ship left when he landed back there is finally gone) and maybe even do some backyard stuff... Like... I dunno... Bocci? We have Bocci... I like Bocci... Plus there's the zoo, which is also outside.

When do we want to get this thing going? (Keeping in mind that Stinky and I don't exist before 10 in the morning)
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby The Mortician on Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:48 am

Bocci? Bocci?

*looks it up* Bocce?
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:26 am

The Mortician wrote:Bocci? Bocci?

*looks it up* Bocce?

Oops, you are quite right.

At any rate, Lawn Bowling.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:24 am

This is becoming a sizable thing.

I forgot we were going to the zoo. That should be fun. Will they have polar bears this time? I'd like to see them before they go extinct.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:06 pm

stinkywigfiddle wrote:This is becoming a sizable thing.

I forgot we were going to the zoo. That should be fun. Will they have polar bears this time? I'd like to see them before they go extinct.

Stinky, I promise you that one of these days, the polar bear exhibit WILL BE OPEN. I mean, they can't keep it closed for renovations forever, can they?

CAN THEY?! D: Oh my gosh, what if the polar bears have already become extinct and they're just stalling for time???
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby MrEff on Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:14 pm

Nanda wrote:Oh my gosh, what if the polar bears have already become extinct and they're just stalling for time???

Naa they're just hanging out at my place... seriously we ran out of furniture so we started leasing polar bears to lounge on.... it makes going to the fridge a breeze as well!

-MrEff-

Hmm so I'm going to be the only stranger there eh.... *frets*
MrEff
Regular Poster

Postby Nanda on Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:39 pm

MrEff wrote:Hmm so I'm going to be the only stranger there eh.... *frets*

Don't fret!! Don't, I say! For one thing, Skunkadoo has never met Tim or Spriteville, and none of us (Stinky, Skunk and I) have ever met Grabmygoblin (can't speak for anyone else, I don't know for sure), and I don't think Mort and Misty have ever met Spriteville, so there will be plenty of awkwardness all around! :wink:
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tim on Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:13 pm

I've met Goblin...I drove her home from Toronto.

I don't know, I just felt the need to mention that.
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Location: Bay State, ol' Bay State, I lift my heart to you (bum bum bum)

Postby The Mortician on Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:15 pm

I had a anxiety attack the entire trip before I met you guys for the first time. I couldn't relax and slept rather light the nights before. Misty knew I was nervous, so nervous. So believe me, even the Skunadoo visit I was a worried as well.

I haven't met Goblin or the Effs.

I just hope for good weather.
What is the plan in case of rain?

We're all meeting at Nanda's house then carpooling down to the zoo.
When it gets closer to the event, we should figure what time the movie's playing (the showing we're attending) to schedule around that?

Hmmm hmmm
Say we met at your house at 11, eat out (at the zoo or a place near by the zoo)... (no idea how far the zoo is in Rhode Island time... you people and your "20 mins is 200 light years away". :P )

Meet (11 pm)
Eat at Nanda's/Out (12pm)
Go to Zoo (?)
Movie (?)
Return to Nanda (?)
Get kicked out of Nanda's house (2am)
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:25 pm

The Mortician wrote:Say we met at your house at 11, eat out (at the zoo or a place near by the zoo)... (no idea how far the zoo is in Rhode Island time... you people and your "20 mins is 200 light years away". :P )

Meet (11 pm)
Eat at Nanda's/Out (12pm)
Go to Zoo (?)
Movie (?)
Return to Nanda (?)
Get kicked out of Nanda's house (2am)

I've never kicked you out at 2am! That's just usually when you all run screaming from my home... :wink:

This tentative plan sounds good to me. The zoo is pretty close by, although with traffic, it can take longer to get there. Usually no more than 45 minutes or so. Probably less. I can fit about 8 people in my minivan almost comfortably, so depending on how many people show up, we might have to take two vehicles. We could eat out before the zoo, OR we could picnic IN the zoo, which is always fun. I'd just need to know in advance what kind of sandwiches and soda/drinks you all like. And someone might have to share back-pack duty.

Here's a question: I know Spriteville is allergic to cats; is anyone else? We're going to vacuum the crap out of the place before you get here, and keep the kitties sequestered in the basement for the duration of the visit, but I just want to put that warning out there: We have cats.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby MrEff on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:17 am

Nanda wrote:We have cats.

We hav cats as well! Two of em... and my god are they bastards.... oh ure they look all cute and all but I know what they're really up too....

So far this plan is shaping up pretty nicely and it is getting me/us excited (my girls tickled pink over the whole "the Effs" thing)

I just wish it was tomorrow!

-MrEff-
MrEff
Regular Poster

Postby Sketchywallflowr on Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:28 am

The Mortician wrote:I shall bring birthday cake

I love you so hardcore right now you should feel the bones crushing all over your body. -_- (the super-serious face)
Need me to kill someone? I'm a hired assasin in my spare time.
Sketchywallflowr
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers