San Diego ComicCon 2007

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

San Diego ComicCon 2007

Postby Kris X on Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:07 am

Okay, since I'm going to be in California this summer, I was hoping to start getting a head count of who's showing up this year to the San Diego Comic Convention. Perhaps an idea of who needs places to stay and what's the best place to stay and so on. Maybe we could all meet for a night time dinner/movie/hangout like last year.

I know I have to go this time because my favorite author, David Morrell, will be present. Plus I'm sure there will be several good webcomics and webcomic seminars open again. Sooooo....

1) Who's going?
2) Where are you staying?
3) What days are you going?
4) What pass are you going under? (Pro, Press, Guest, etc?)
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Postby Vorticus on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:11 pm

Sorry, much too far away and I'm spending all my money on other trips.
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby Garneta on Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:25 pm

Vorticus wrote:Sorry, much too far away and I'm spending all my money on other trips.

Us too. The cookout's far enough!
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Rkolter on Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:43 pm

Kat North wrote:
Vorticus wrote:Sorry, much too far away and I'm spending all my money on other trips.

Us too. The cookout's far enough!

We're on the right side of the Mississippi, but too darn close to it to make it all the way to the Pacific.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Laemkral on Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:31 pm

I'm a maybe!!

I just got told by the Lt. Col. himself I'm not slotted for Airborne so unless I get CTLT (I go to an active duty unit and follow a Lieutenant around for a couple of weeks) which I don't think will happen due to shortage of slots, I'll be at the Con.

1) Who's going?
-So far just me. Jason will have graduated and moved away. Sargon just simply moved away. My brother is unconfirmed.

2) Where are you staying?
A house in El Cajon. Availability for crashers is unknown, unlike the apartment I'm in now. More to follow as we get closer to the event. I may be able to put up one or two people.

3) What days are you going?
If I'm going...ALL OF THEM!!

4) What pass are you going under? (Pro, Press, Guest, etc?)
Your basic guest pass.

EDIT: I didn't get the Kansas slot and was offered the Cookout slot. I turned it down, so pending confirmation of what Regiment I'm getting, I'll probably be doing Comic Con.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Laemkral on Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:02 am

Okay, this warrants a separate post. No, I shall not be going to Comic Con in SD this year. INSTEAD I'll be at Ft. Bliss in Texas. This very morning I got offered, accepted, and was put into 7th Regiment for LDAC, after which I go link up with a Chemical Corp officer for several weeks in Texas.

So, this means I won't be able to make it.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Return to Community Get-Togethers