Official 2007 St. Louis Comic Cookout Thread (05-09-2007)

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Postby Rkolter on Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:11 pm

Nanda wrote:Nonsense, Mort! You can always hide in the corner with me and Stinky. :D

So, Mort does not need a pity room?
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Nanda on Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:54 pm

No, he still needs it. He just doesn't have to be antisocial in the corner during the cookout.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:14 pm

Nanda wrote:No, he still needs it. He just doesn't have to be antisocial in the corner during the cookout.

i think we need to designate an anti-social corner in the big room, then all the anti-social people can congregate in one place.. and... be.. social.. damnit.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Nanda on Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:54 pm

There should be a sign made or something. :wink:
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Laemkral on Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:08 pm

I would make something, but dang it...I'm not at MY computer.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby DarkDancer on Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:17 pm

I plan to be there! Not making any room reservations yet because I'd like to know if I'm allowed to bring my girlfriend. FA likes her... so she'd at least fit in, but... um... yeah, so not used to sleeping in an empty bed. If I can bring her, I'll definitely be getting a room reserved soonish, and we'll probably (maybe) be wiling to share.

Besides, FA said I'd be dragged if I didnt' come voluntarily, so I'm just trying to find out whether or not I can have my girlfriend.

Oh, I know that the rules are 'no perishable foods' but cookies aren't perishible... so I still intend to bring cookies, and I'm willing to take requests - within limits. Current plans are for chocolate chip and andes mint cookies... and maybe some of FA's 'boogers' (they're not nearly as nasty as they sound)
On some worlds, what with gnomes and elves and trolls and all, racism is not a problem. White and Black live together in harmony and gang up on green.

DarkDancer
Regular Poster

Postby Ekolter on Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:31 pm

DarkDancer wrote:I plan to be there! Not making any room reservations yet because I'd like to know if I'm allowed to bring my girlfriend. FA likes her... so she'd at least fit in, but... um... yeah, so not used to sleeping in an empty bed. If I can bring her, I'll definitely be getting a room reserved soonish, and we'll probably (maybe) be wiling to share.

Besides, FA said I'd be dragged if I didnt' come voluntarily, so I'm just trying to find out whether or not I can have my girlfriend.....

She can come. However, she'll have to pay the $35 fee. Same goes for anyone else who wants to bring SO and/or friends.
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Postby DarkDancer on Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:38 pm

mrs_rkolter wrote:She can come. However, she'll have to pay the $35 fee. Same goes for anyone else who wants to bring SO and/or friends.

sugoi! Thank you! Now to pin her down long enough to get her to agree to come with... err.. anyway. I'll talk to her when she gets home tomorrow.
On some worlds, what with gnomes and elves and trolls and all, racism is not a problem. White and Black live together in harmony and gang up on green.

DarkDancer
Regular Poster

Postby Rkolter on Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:29 pm

... Basically, yeah. We've always been pretty open about having SO's and friends show up. But they do need to pay the fee, and if they wouldn't mind, please fill out the registration form. :)
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Garneta on Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:37 am

Actually, going to the cookout in 05 made me a bit less shy when I first joined these forums, since I'd already met a few of the people in person. :shucks:
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:37 pm

Kat North wrote:Actually, going to the cookout in 05 made me a bit less shy when I first joined these forums, since I'd already met a few of the people in person. :shucks:

not mention danced with some of them.

edit: I am now registered and paid for and hotel reserved. Cort, Vort, Laem, i will eventually call them back and give them your names in addition to mine, so if you guys arrive before me there's no issue.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Laemkral on Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:57 pm

You gots it. I'll be aiming for sometime Thursday. Still haven't decided if I want to aim for morning, afternoon, or evening arrival.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Hogan on Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:36 am

Registered... now, to figure out something about how to room...
When webcomics clash: The Webcomic Crossover & Cameo Archive!
Here it comes... the CameoComic
Hogan
Regular Poster

Postby Dr Legostar on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:36 am

Laemkral wrote:You gots it. I'll be aiming for sometime Thursday. Still haven't decided if I want to aim for morning, afternoon, or evening arrival.

i will be arriving thursday as early as i can, which basically is dependant on when i can sneak out of work that day, worst comes to worst i'll be done at five which means i should probably get to st. louis around 10 or 11, i hope to be done early that day though. If i have to i'll come in to work really early to finish things so i can get out faster.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Dragonmajik on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:22 am

Just submitted the registration... I'm fairly sure I'll be attending at least a couple of days, but I am waiting to make formal reservations until I know with some certainty what's happening. At least St Louis is an easy drive from KC :D

Problem for me is that I'm going to be in classes to transition to a programming job, and they're suppose to end in June - with an all day test on a Saturday. I don't know WHICH Saturday, and I cannot miss any classes or tests (obviously). I should know more once classes start in March. :)
Dragonmajik
Regular Poster

Postby Rkolter on Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:31 am

Account's confirmed; payments have been accepted.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Garneta on Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:51 pm

legostargalactica wrote:
Kat North wrote:Actually, going to the cookout in 05 made me a bit less shy when I first joined these forums, since I'd already met a few of the people in person. :shucks:

No no, the dancing was at this years cookout! RPGed with them, however, is a different story! :D
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:52 pm

Kat North wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:

No no, the dancing was at this years cookout! RPGed with them, however, is a different story! :D

oh whoops, screwed up the year, at least i'm in the right century though, it's still 1806 right?
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby K-Dawg on Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:12 am

Us Canadians will be coming but we can't reserve anything for a while.

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Postby Rkolter on Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:18 am

Do the registration part tho Kdawg, that way I know how many people to expect.

TALLY:

13 people registered; x10 100%, x3 75%

I'll update the cookout page later. :)
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers