Official 2007 St. Louis Comic Cookout Thread (05-09-2007)

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Postby Laemkral on Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:43 am

legostargalactica wrote:okay then, cort, vort, laem, which one of us is going to rent the room?

That's a dandy question. I wouldn't object to doing it, I'm just not sure HOW to do it. Like, what information do I need to provide should I be the one registering the room? Personally, I'd prefer one of you guys doing it since you've been through the cookout before.

Also, on a side note, we should probably coordinate any bringing of extra stuff to accesorize the hotel room. Honestly, I've no idea just what you guys have planned. For example: I'm going to have my entire computer set-up with me (thank god for small form factors and flat panels) cause I'll probably need to make some comics while I'm there. If there's any movies that we might want to watch or have on hand, I've got an okay collection I can dip into.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:50 am

Laemkral wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:okay then, cort, vort, laem, which one of us is going to rent the room?

That's a dandy question. I wouldn't object to doing it, I'm just not sure HOW to do it. Like, what information do I need to provide should I be the one registering the room? Personally, I'd prefer one of you guys doing it since you've been through the cookout before.

Also, on a side note, we should probably coordinate any bringing of extra stuff to accesorize the hotel room. Honestly, I've no idea just what you guys have planned. For example: I'm going to have my entire computer set-up with me (thank god for small form factors and flat panels) cause I'll probably need to make some comics while I'm there. If there's any movies that we might want to watch or have on hand, I've got an okay collection I can dip into.

i can do the hotel stuff, i'm used to reserving hotel rooms. it just won't get done till this weekend. As for stuff I'm going to have a ton with me cause st. louis is going to be on my way to my parents place for two weeks, so i'm gonna have a ton of junk to haul around.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Garneta on Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:29 pm

Hmm...Will we need a credit card to reserve a room?
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Nanda on Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:32 pm

I didn't.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:34 pm

In fact, I so didn't need to give them my credit card info that I apparently felt the need to say it twice!
Last edited by Nanda on Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:22 pm

Weird - I expect that they'll ask you for one on check-in. They won't give you a room without some kind of assurance you'll pay. :)
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Nanda on Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:45 pm

Yes, I found it weird, too. I even said to the lady "Uh, that's it?" And she said "Yup." The only thing I can figure is that maybe it's because you already reserved the rooms, Kolter?
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Faub on Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:07 pm

Koko and I are paid. And if she doesn't get to come to this one, we're packing up everybody and going to Canada. Be sure to have your passports ready! :D
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Tynan on Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:28 pm

woo!
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR

Postby Rkolter on Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:52 am

Nanda wrote:Yes, I found it weird, too. I even said to the lady "Uh, that's it?" And she said "Yup." The only thing I can figure is that maybe it's because you already reserved the rooms, Kolter?

Nah, we held the rooms; unused rooms are released a month before the cookout, so that's not it.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Nanda on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:19 am

Well, then, I'm all out of ideas. But she didn't ask me for one. In fact, the only info she did ask for was my name, the nights I'd be staying, and if I wanted a double, which confused me because I thought they were all doubles, so I just stammered "Y-Yeah, whatever's in that block of rooms they reserved!" (I'm no good with people. D: )
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Killbert-Robby on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:36 am

Since I'm actually sitting down and planning everything now, a few questions about the hotel rooms. Just, you know, how many are left, how many people are looking to split a room, who's claimed pity rooms, and stuff along those lines.
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:41 am

Killbert-Robby wrote:Since I'm actually sitting down and planning everything now, a few questions about the hotel rooms. Just, you know, how many are left, how many people are looking to split a room, who's claimed pity rooms, and stuff along those lines.

Don't worry about how many are left; if they run low, they will contact us, and we will put a hold on more rooms. Twenty were originally held, 10 smoking, 10 nonsmoking.

Lots of people are looking to split a room - I don't have a good feel of how many. Ask here. Or ask around. Or put your name into the list of people asking for someone to room with.

Nobody has yet been given a berth in the pity rooms. I have to check my mail to see if anyone has requested them.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Dr Legostar on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:42 am

Oh, looking at the site, I'm gonna try to remember to bring Elixer, it's a really awesome card game, don't know if anyone's played it before, but you guys would like it.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Rock_dash on Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:27 pm

I'm bringing Chrononauts, it's a card game about time travelling. Also, if Smash Bros Brawl is out by then, there's no question about me bringing it.

Also Kolter, remember that Mort needs a pity room. If he needs to email you about it, I'll remind him. I need to share a room with someone myself.
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Garneta on Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:41 pm

Well I guess if we don't have to pay for the room until we get there then we could go ahead and reserve one! :D
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Rkolter on Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:20 pm

Note on payments:

I'm getting the bank account confirmed for the cookout account; until that happens, I won't be able to 'accept' payments via the 'buynow' button that I set up.

That sucks donkey nuts, but that's the deal. I didn't catch that. So your payments are all officially in progress until probably friday, where I'll be able to confirm the bank account and then click to approve all the payments.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Faub on Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:29 pm

No problem. They're considered paid by my checkbook so I don't need to worry about respending the money or needing it later and not having it.
Faub

Postby The Mortician on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:48 pm

rock_dash wrote:Also Kolter, remember that Mort needs a pity room. If he needs to email you about it, I'll remind him. I need to share a room with someone myself.
It has been sent. With all means, I hope I don't become too much of a wall flower. X.x Mind you, at the moment... I'm going alone...
The Mortician
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:59 am

Nonsense, Mort! You can always hide in the corner with me and Stinky. :D
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers