Need a volunteer to do the Cookout Wiki

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Need a volunteer to do the Cookout Wiki

Postby Rkolter on Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:36 am

The wiki for the cookout is hopelessly out of date, needing the info from 2006 and (later) the links and stuff for 2007.

Any volunteers?

Current wiki page:

http://cgwiki.comicgenesis.com/index.ph ... is_Cookout
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Rock_dash on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:25 am

On it. How many people did we end up with last year?
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Rkolter on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:28 am

LOTS.

No, really. LOTS. Someone has a count. I sure don't. Mention the stuff we did too - Faub's t-shirts, the passing of sketch books, the banner, anime, etcetera. :P

I think the total was over 40. Or close to 40. Check to 2006 guide. It was close.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Rock_dash on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:48 am

Silly me, I forgot I could just check the group photo. :roll:
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Rock_dash on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:55 am

All righty, I think that does it. Still have to alphabetize the list of 2006 attendees, but other than that, how's it look?
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Rkolter on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:23 am

Looking good! remember, some people went and got ice cream while we did the group photo shoot, so double-check you have 'em all.

The 2006 webpage link will remain good. 2007 will have a new webpage. I don't have 2004 or 2005's. :(

Maybe once the 2007 page is up, it'll have multiple pages, not just one giant text thing like in the past, you can link those up too?
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Ekolter on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:25 am

I got some links, babe, to the prior cookouts. Yell at me when you get home.
[insert witty comment here]
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:02 am

mrs_rkolter wrote:I got some links, babe, to the prior cookouts. Yell at me when you get home.

You think you do, but you don't. I overwrote the 2004 with 2005, and 2005 with 2006. :(
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Ekolter on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:30 am

rkolter wrote:
mrs_rkolter wrote:I got some links, babe, to the prior cookouts. Yell at me when you get home.

You think you do, but you don't. I overwrote the 2004 with 2005, and 2005 with 2006. :(

Yes, dear, that' true you overwrote the webpage every year. I have links to the art and other related stuff thanks to previous guests.

Still need to put all of '06 stuff together. XD
[insert witty comment here]
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:43 pm

rkolter wrote:

Heh, it took me awhile to figure out that you weren't talking about the wiki page. Yeah, I can throw up a link to Cookout2k7.com or whatever once you come up with an URL. Also, according to my tally, we had 36 CGers plus DM's mom. It makes me wonder about next year's total.
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Rkolter on Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:37 am

Count DM's mom. She's come to every single cookout, and has had patience with us beyond measure - she didn't even flinch when we blew up the watermelon, and she always brings fresh fruit.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Rock_dash on Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:43 am

Tis done.
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Return to Community Get-Togethers