Aus conventions?

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Aus conventions?

Postby Malaika on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:20 pm

I was just wondering if there were any get-togethers in Australia - Melbourne specifically...

It doesn't seem like it, but perhaps someone knows something about one?
Image Image
Malaika

Postby Blackaby on Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:41 am

Zwuh and I will be wandering around there on the 6th-8th of October. Feel free to poke us. That's about as close as you'll get to a convention.

However the delightful Ms Amis has wanted to do something there for a long while so 'round the middle of next year (I think, or after!) she may do something... I heard this via other people and not strictly via her, so I'm not sureeeee.
LOOK AT BLACKABY HE IS FILLED WITH TEH SCREAMY OMG
guest artists get free puppies
Blackaby
Regale her

Postby Humbug on Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:08 pm

Hey, I missed this. Anyways I live in Melbourne, please come on down. I'd love to meet you guys. :D
Humbug
Cartoon Hero

Postby Blackaby on Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:30 am

Cool, Humbug! I'll be there from the 5-12 of October, and Zwuh will be down from the 6-8th.

We're going to wander around the city that weekend a bit, and you are sooo welcome to join us. :D We'll likely be just bumming around cafes or St Kilda. I'm having a vague 'meet' thing with friends in a cafe/restaraunt place on the 7 Oct, Saturday, from about 12, and if you could come that'd be groovy! D'you know the Lounge on Swanston street?
Blackaby
Regale her

Postby Humbug on Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:28 pm

I don't, but it shouldnt be too difficult to find, right? I'll just walk up and down Swanston St till I see it. :wink:
Humbug
Cartoon Hero

Postby Blackaby on Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:54 am

http://www.lounge.com.au/

There's the website! We'll be upstairs. I don't remember my phone number unfortunately, so I can't give you that... however with luck you'll be able to find me and Zwuh, he's pretty unique looking, even if I'm not so much. :D
Blackaby
Regale her

Postby Humbug on Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:49 am

Right! If you see a chinese girl wandering around aimlessly looking for something, that'll most likely be me. :D
Humbug
Cartoon Hero

Postby Blackaby on Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:00 am

Cool!

Zwuh will be the very tall thin person with the big nose. He's kind of hard to miss.

I'll poke him to drop by this thread and give you his mobile number at least!
Blackaby
Regale her

Postby Zwuh on Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:07 am

I sent Humbug a PM with my number. Whee!
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one" -George Bernard Shaw

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you." -George Carlin
Zwuh
Purple Man

Return to Community Get-Togethers