CN Expo...who's coming?

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Postby Robin Pierce on Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:56 am

Clearly, if I come, it'll be by car.

you know... along the ocean floor and all that... *vroom vroom blub blub blub*

okay maybe the plane's the better way to go.
Image Image Image
Commissions currently at Sale Prices, for details click third link
Robin Pierce
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Pimpette on Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:27 am

You need one of those boat/car things.
But it'd probably take a while.

Yeah, plane might work out better.
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

CN Itinerary

Postby VileTerror on Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:18 am

Ok, how’s this for a preliminary tentative itinerary?

Since the doors open Friday at 4pm for normal folks, and 2pm for those with advanced entry, we could meet in the “park” across the street from the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
(See diagram)
http://forums.comicgenesis.com/download.php?id=2869 (Sorry, need to be logged in to view, apparently)

Friday
Meet up around noon (12pm), maybe grab lunch. Exchange gifts/items/harsh words/sexual favours/“promises”/whatever. Plenty of chip trucks in the area, though they’ll be busy busy busy. There are also quite a few restaurants, if you’re into “sitting” while you eat.
Head to the event at 2pm. Do stuff.
Sometime around 5pm to 6pm head out to get dinner. We could get more chip truck foodstuffs, or steal food from random passers-by. You know, stolen bread tastes the best! 7pm - http://www.hobbystar.com/ComicConToront ... tureID=140
Get your tickets now!
After the show, say “see you tomorrow” and head to the locations we intend to rest. OR, if you’d prefer, head into a local bar and watch Pimpette lose any inhibitions she might have. Granted, since it’s the first night, and there’s two whole days yet to come, a little rest would probably be more advisable.

Saturday
4am wake up the Keenspacers with hangovers (if they’ve fallen asleep by now, at least).
4:01am go back to sleep.
7am - 9am wake up and get ready for the day. Shower, get dressed/costumes/“costumes”, do other morning’y stuffs. Possibly a breakfast get-together.
10am return to convention. Do stuff.
Play by ear when we want/need lunch.
If we had a late enough lunch, leave the con around 6pm or 7pm and get into drag. Meet ASAP and head to some ritzy restaurant.
Play by ear until people get too tired or decide it’s wise for them to head back to wherever they’re staying.

Sunday
Get up whenever and head to the convention, maybe. Depends on when people need to get on their planes a whatnot, but this could be a sight-seeing day if Thursday or Monday is scheduled for that.

Granted, this itinerary doesn’t take into account jet lag and the like. Also, if there are specific events at specific times that enough people are interested in attending, those should be added to this itinerary. I don’t know if everybody would want to eat at these times, or how tired they’ll be, etcetera. A meeting on Thursday could also be scheduled for those who’ve already arrived.
Comments? Complaints? Total rewrites?
Attachments
Locations.jPg
A largely zoomed map, for the seeing impaired.
(186.79 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Odd that "Skype" isn't one of the options in the profile. Granted, MSN is now defunct and Skype its replacement . . .
VileTerror
Anti-Villain

Location: n. 1 a place where something is located. 2 the action of location. - DERIVATIVES locational adj.

Postby Mon Ami on Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:19 am

Um, I think it would probably be good if we made a general meet up place and time in the front of the Convention Centre...maybe around 12 PM every morning unless we wanted to go to brunch maybe Sunday morning?

I just don't wanna spend extra on an event though, sorry x___@:
Mon Ami
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cortland on Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:47 am

OK, I've made up my mind to come at last. :D What I need now, before I buy plane tickets and stuff, is to know where everyone else plans to be and when so I don't wind up sitting around by myself at the terminal. I think VT's schedule works fine, though I should also note that Monday is Labor Day in the US, so those of us south of the border won't really have to return to work or school until the following Tuesday. If anyone wants to spend an extra day together, I'm all for that!
Image Image
Cortland
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:06 am

cortland wrote:OK, I've made up my mind to come at last. :D What I need now, before I buy plane tickets and stuff, is to know where everyone else plans to be and when so I don't wind up sitting around by myself at the terminal. I think VT's schedule works fine, though I should also note that Monday is Labor Day in the US, so those of us south of the border won't really have to return to work or school until the following Tuesday. If anyone wants to spend an extra day together, I'm all for that!

i'll be in toronto till about noon on monday, just using labor day as my travel day. And the schedule, to me, is largely irrelevant as long as i get to spend time with my friends. I won't be too far from dawg's house so it shouldn't be too hard to get myself there as needed.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Cortland on Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:46 am

K-Dawg tells me Monday is Labor Day in Canada, too, so it might make more sense to do like Lego and use Monday to return home rather than Sunday. More together-time!
Image Image
Cortland
Cartoon Hero

Postby CJBurgandy on Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:26 am

I'm staying the whole week, so doing things on Monday is totally cool to me.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Pimpette on Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:44 am

That's a pretty uh.. cast-iron schedule you got there.

I dunno, I'm a fan of randomly playing things by ear. I like having a vague idea of what's happening, rather than a rigid schedule to stick to.
We will definitely have to set a certain time for everyone to meet up on Friday, and to figure out what everyone wants to see. As far as I've heard we've got a majority going for the three-day normal see-everything pass - those who want extras can go nuts if they like but personally I'm saving my money for comics and maybe another poster or two.

I think we were talking of a meetup Thursday night too, for those who are here then.

But I dunno, it seems more fun with a vague idea of where things are going... cause we don't know how much time we'll spend on different things, depending on how much fun we're having at the time.
No offense meant, VT. I'm just picky that way. :P
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:19 am

Pimpette wrote:That's a pretty uh.. cast-iron schedule you got there.

I dunno, I'm a fan of randomly playing things by ear. I like having a vague idea of what's happening, rather than a rigid schedule to stick to.
We will definitely have to set a certain time for everyone to meet up on Friday, and to figure out what everyone wants to see. As far as I've heard we've got a majority going for the three-day normal see-everything pass - those who want extras can go nuts if they like but personally I'm saving my money for comics and maybe another poster or two.

I think we were talking of a meetup Thursday night too, for those who are here then.

But I dunno, it seems more fun with a vague idea of where things are going... cause we don't know how much time we'll spend on different things, depending on how much fun we're having at the time.
No offense meant, VT. I'm just picky that way. :P

shocking as it might happen to be, i agree with pimpette, just kinda hanging out and seeing where things take us seems better than a rigorous schedule of events.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Cortland on Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:05 pm

I don't mind a loose schedule just as long as we're all coordinated with arrivals and departures. I don't want to sit at the airport all by myself wondering where everybody is.
Image Image
Cortland
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:17 pm

cortland wrote:I don't mind a loose schedule just as long as we're all coordinated with arrivals and departures. I don't want to sit at the airport all by myself wondering where everybody is.

worse comes to worse cort, i'll see if the people i'm staying with can help me come get you or something. I'll invite the friend of mine in toronto to hang out with us if he wants but i'm worried he's going to feel a bit outsiderish.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby CJBurgandy on Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:36 pm

legostargalactica wrote:
cortland wrote:I don't mind a loose schedule just as long as we're all coordinated with arrivals and departures. I don't want to sit at the airport all by myself wondering where everybody is.

worse comes to worse cort, i'll see if the people i'm staying with can help me come get you or something. I'll invite the friend of mine in toronto to hang out with us if he wants but i'm worried he's going to feel a bit outsiderish.

I too invited a non-CG friend, who lives in Toronto, to hang with us. They can feel outsiderish together.

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy

Postby Dr Legostar on Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:38 pm

cjburgandy wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:

I too invited a non-CG friend, who lives in Toronto, to hang with us. They can feel outsiderish together.

well there's no garuntee he'll even want to tag along, it's up to him, though last time i was there he had a really sweet car which he drove like a maniac around toronto.. he has since crashed that car... guess why.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Tynan on Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:07 pm

cjburgandy wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:

Knowing me...I probably know them.
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR

Postby Dr Legostar on Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:08 pm

Tynan wrote:
cjburgandy wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:

Knowing me...I probably know them.

you know a lot of serbs?
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Sam_Charette on Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:57 pm

I'm likely to be in friday night, and leave monday. I, too, shall have a friend of mine from toronto (at least one) with me at some point during the weekend.
Sam_Charette
Regular Poster

Postby Grabmygoblin on Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:40 pm

I don't know anyone from Toronto, but when I mentioned the con to my brother at UBuffalo, he seemed really interested. we probably won't see him, but you never know.
Last edited by Grabmygoblin on Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby CJBurgandy on Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:00 pm

I've actually known this person longer than Keenspace has been around *insert shock and horror here* I actually knew 3 people in Ontario. One I know whats to meet up, another might be too busy getting ready for school (and lives in Waterloo) and the other one is... well he's there, and I plan on visiting him, but he won't be hanging out with us.

CJBurgandy

Postby Tynan on Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:12 pm

It's her son.
Last edited by Tynan on Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers