Busch Gardens, VA in late 2007?

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Busch Gardens, VA in late 2007?

Postby Netpoet on Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:46 pm

Hey, all... have another idea for a potential destination. I don't want to interfere with the cookout at all (which I'm still planning on trying to make it to next year), so I was thinking this could be something for later in the season, like toward August/September.

But have any of y'all ever heard of Busch Gardens? It's run by, who else, Anheiser Busch of course, but it's a MASSIVE park, it's got five or six different COUNTRIES to explore, awesome roller coasters, etc etc...

There's also Water Country water park really close by, as well as Colonial Williamsburg. Imagine all of us getting dressed up in colonial getups... wouldn't THAT be a cool picture?!?

I live in Virginia, I'm only about 4-4 1/2 hours from it, so I could work on organizing it, finding out ticket prices (I can get a discount, I'm sure), finding a hotel for all of us to stay in (since it'd likely be a two day thing, it's HUGE), etc.

Let me know if anyone would be interested in this, and I might see about starting to organize it. :)

>Net

Edit: Here's the website for it.

http://www.buschgardens.com/buschgarden ... ation.aspx
Netpoet
Cartoon Hero

Postby Laemkral on Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:03 pm

I'm gonna vouch for Busch Gardens. Vacationed there with family and one of the stops was at Busch Gardens. Think the themeing power of Disneyland mixed with the grown-upness of Six Flags. IT IS FRIGGIN AWESOME!!! One of my favorite theme parks and one day I shall return.

Sadly, that day probably won't be for this depending upon how that summer is set up. If I'm screwed out of Comic-Con and the Cookout, I might try for this. So in about 10 months I'll get back to you...
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sincerely on Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:20 pm

Hell I'll probably have some money by late 2007. I hope.

Well either way, I'd tentatively like to commit to this concept. Your descriptions of the place sound positively delightful.
Sincerely
Ice Queen

Postby Netpoet on Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:51 pm

To clarify: I go to Busch Gardens every couple of years. I'm *NOT* looking to make this anything as big as the cookout. If y'all have to make a choice between this and the cookout, go to the cookout.

>Net
Netpoet
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kris X on Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:27 pm

Virgina? I have relatives there.... Possibly... Depends--Might be moving.
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Return to Community Get-Togethers