Rock On A Bus

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Postby Cortland on Wed May 31, 2006 9:57 am

Tellurider wrote:about 17 hours actual driving time for me, not counting stops. Doin' it alone, and breaking it up into three days, 4-6.5-6.5. This will ensure that I will not fall asleep and die in a horrible accident.

I have almost fallen asleep while driving before and I have no desire to do it again, thanks.

Whoa. Drive safe, now. :o Next year, those of us who live in Sioux Falls, Kansas City, or other places on the way to St. Louis should try to carpool.
Image Image
Cortland
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Wed May 31, 2006 10:19 am

I like how this thread stopped being about me and started being about how horrible it is trying to get to the Cookout :wink:

Speaking of, people on busses are insane. I'll copy my journal entries later and elaborate.
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed May 31, 2006 10:34 am

Just make comics out of them. Real life tends to hand me more weirdness than my imagination.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Dave Against The Machine on Wed May 31, 2006 5:35 pm

rock_dash wrote:I like how this thread stopped being about me and started being about how horrible it is trying to get to the Cookout :wink:

Speaking of, people on busses are insane. I'll copy my journal entries later and elaborate.

*Turns the thread back around to about rock* Wow, 2 AM.
Dave Against The Machine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Wed May 31, 2006 10:44 pm

yay, good thing he survived!
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Rock_dash on Wed May 31, 2006 10:50 pm

I did indeed survive...barely...

I spent most of the trip sharing a bus with a teething baby. If any of you know what that's like, you'll understand how unbelievably glad I was to have brought aspirin.

That wasn't even the worst part though. The worst part was listening to her father the whole way. This man was like some horrible embodiment of the hick stereotype. He was moving his family (girlfriend, young daughter, and apparently, unborn baby) to tornado alley in Kansas. He went on about how he tried to get his GED for 12 years, and that it was everyone else's fault for holding him back. He also loudly talked about the time he got into a fight with four guys at once, and how he "wasn't getting any pussy" from his girlfriend, even though she was right there. The worst part though was listening to him verbally abusing his family. He was suggested that his girlfriend 'pop' his baby in the mouth for screaming.
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Christwriter on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:30 am

rock_dash wrote:... He went on about how he tried to get his GED for 12 years

...dang. Well, actually, that's a "Damn" moment, there.

...how the HELL can it take somebody twelve years to get thier GED? It took me EXACTLY two months...probably would have taken the whole frickin' few hours the test took were it not for the fact that I took a prep course I did not need...'cept for the schollership, which wasn't that bad. But technically, I tested my way out of school with the first placement exam they stuck in front of me.

The GED, without going into specifics (which I am not legally allowed to do) IS NOT THAT HARD. Seriously. Like, lots of working with decimals and about five gazillion reading/comprehention type questions. You have to be IMMENCELY dence not to at least PASS the thing the first time.

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero

Postby Faceless on Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:32 am

rock_dash wrote:I did indeed survive...barely...

I spent most of the trip sharing a bus with a teething baby. If any of you know what that's like, you'll understand how unbelievably glad I was to have brought aspirin.

That wasn't even the worst part though. The worst part was listening to her father the whole way. This man was like some horrible embodiment of the hick stereotype. He was moving his family (girlfriend, young daughter, and apparently, unborn baby) to tornado alley in Kansas. He went on about how he tried to get his GED for 12 years, and that it was everyone else's fault for holding him back. He also loudly talked about the time he got into a fight with four guys at once, and how he "wasn't getting any pussy" from his girlfriend, even though she was right there. The worst part though was listening to him verbally abusing his family. He was suggested that his girlfriend 'pop' his baby in the mouth for screaming.

Seems like Rock here has found the ultimate hick.
Faceless
Regular Poster

Postby Black Sparrow on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:12 am

That kind of stereotype is perfect character fodder. Do you feel INSPIRED, Rock?
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby Cortland on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:42 am

Wow, Rock. :o That's some bus ride. You realize now that real life is where the best comics come from.
( ... is anybody else out there pissed out of his mind that a moron like this can manage to get a girlfriend? I mean, SERIOUSLY... )
Image Image
Cortland
Cartoon Hero

Postby Garneta on Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:50 am

cortland wrote:( ... is anybody else out there pissed out of his mind that a moron like this can manage to get a girlfriend? I mean, SERIOUSLY... )

Shocked, maybe...

And...12 years!!! Most people go through their ENTIRE schooling in that time, if you don't count preschool or kindergarten!
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Ekolter on Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:11 pm

Rock is now back on the bus. Bus was suppose to leave at 7:15pm. It didn't arrive until 8pm. Brought Sonic slushie and hung out so he wasn't that bummed.

Rock, you're one helluva guy :D Gonna miss ya. See ya on the other side of the screen in a few days.
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sincerely on Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:14 pm

cortland wrote:Wow, Rock. :o That's some bus ride. You realize now that real life is where the best comics come from.
( ... is anybody else out there pissed out of his mind that a moron like this can manage to get a girlfriend? I mean, SERIOUSLY... )

Trust me, Cortland, you wouldn't WANT to have his girlfriend...
Sincerely
Ice Queen

Postby JTigerclaw on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:38 pm

I wonder this too. I suppose it's true that pathetic examples of human being attract other pathetic examples of human beings. I feel sorry for their kids, honesty, because they will probably be pretty fuct up after being raised by...that.

That or they'll be moderately wealthy from selling drugs.
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ekolter on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:23 am

Just got a msg on the machine from Rock. He' semi-stranded in Denver. The bus out of Denver broke down, so they're waiting for a new, non-broken bus at the station until then.

So anyone near Denver up to visiting Rock to comfort him ;)
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cortland on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:43 am

RA! Rock needs you!
Image Image
Cortland
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:10 am

ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Dr Legostar on Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:24 am

good to hear you made it back safe, rock.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Rock_dash on Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:04 pm

Good to be back, lego. I need to add a little Greyhound bus to Claude's hand there...tomorrow -_-;
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Vorticus on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:19 pm

Good to hear you're home same. And get on with adding that bus already!
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers