2006 St. Louis Cook-Out Breakfast Thread

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Re: Veggie Option!

Postby Phact0rri on Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:19 pm

Fading Aura wrote:
phactorri wrote:just to point out, I can make a wide variety of things, I'm almost thinking some tofu scrambles and french toast.

if anyone monitoring this, wants to eat vegitarian breakfast, tell me if you want something diffrent. I can probably make just about anything, however I'm not sure if I'll be in the mood for anything to complicated.

Let's not spread this out too much. First, I need to know what ingredients you'll need for a veggie breakfast (unless, of course, you want to donate them :D). Second, you should settle on one or two dishes so it'll be easy to put together that morning. You're probably already headed in that direction but I wanted to make sure. ^_^

actually I was going to suggest at some point before the next morning we could do a grocery run. really first I'll need a estimation of those who want the veggie breakfast. if its just me than I'll probably just pass on it and bring something simple. however tofu scrambles and french toast (or even a potato type thing) would not be incrediably hard to make. I do it all the time.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Re: Veggie Option!

Postby RemusShepherd on Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:31 pm

phactorri wrote:[actually I was going to suggest at some point before the next morning we could do a grocery run.

You know, if there's a Dunkin or Krispy Kreme nearby, I wouldn't mind doing a donut run. Although I'm aware there are diabetics around, so maybe donuts aren't a good idea.
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero

Postby STrRedWolf on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:36 pm

mrs_rkolter wrote:
STrRedWolf wrote:This is the breakfast *after* the cookout or the day of the cookout?

Ether way, I'm tentative.

After the cookout, the traditional Sunday morning post cookout breakfast.

Okay. I won't be sure until after I buy tickets. I'm close, I just have to code up a storm...
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Postby Ekolter on Sat May 06, 2006 7:49 pm

Drat, I haven't told you.

We'll take the waffles, kinda of a no brainer. We're suck suckers for waffles :P
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Sat May 06, 2006 11:54 pm

waffles! that sounds pretty good too.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Breakfast Update (May 9th)

Postby Fading Aura on Tue May 09, 2006 2:48 pm

The first post is now up to date, so please take a look. I finally nailed a recipe for waffles that tastes great and doesn't gunk up my waffle irons, so the cost is now set. If you are volunteering in the kitchen, please look at the posted jobs and let me know what you want to do. (Flinging batter at each other is probably not valid. I would guess that Ryan doesn't want that kind of mess to clean up.)

Phactorri, as far as I know, you're the only one having a veggie breakfast. If you want to switch to waffles, I can use egg substitute for yours or anyone else wanting them without real eggs. ;)
When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look, but it was gone. I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown; the dream is gone. And I have become comfortably numb.
Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Postby Rock_dash on Tue May 09, 2006 7:47 pm

Okay, I'm definetly coming, and I call serving duty. I'd just screw up if I tried to cook :P

Also, I should be around for cleanup as well
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Re: Breakfast Update (May 9th)

Postby Phact0rri on Wed May 10, 2006 2:48 am

Fading Aura wrote:The first post is now up to date, so please take a look. I finally nailed a recipe for waffles that tastes great and doesn't gunk up my waffle irons, so the cost is now set. If you are volunteering in the kitchen, please look at the posted jobs and let me know what you want to do. (Flinging batter at each other is probably not valid. I would guess that Ryan doesn't want that kind of mess to clean up.)

Phactorri, as far as I know, you're the only one having a veggie breakfast. If you want to switch to waffles, I can use egg substitute for yours or anyone else wanting them without real eggs. ;)

yeah I might just do that. applesauce as an egg substitute if its just used as a fluff and lightener should work fine.
Phact0rri

Postby Garneta on Wed May 10, 2006 8:24 am

I'll either do waffle duty, or serve. Whichever.
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Dave Against The Machine on Wed May 17, 2006 8:02 pm

I can do what ever is needed. Just tell me what to do.
Dave Against The Machine
Cartoon Hero

Breakfast Update (May 31st)

Postby Fading Aura on Wed May 31, 2006 1:07 pm

phactorri wrote:yeah I might just do that. applesauce as an egg substitute if its just used as a fluff and lightener should work fine.

I tried the applesauce alternative the other day and it worked like a charm! However, the applesauce waffles will have to be on the regular iron - the Belgian waffle iron's too deep.

The list has been updated. I'm still figuring out who will do what - I should post on that tomorrow.

Also, since a few people who PM'd me said, "Whatever you want to give me is fine," I've decided to buy enough ingredients to make the following:

8 Applesauce Waffles
16 Belgian Waffles
10 Egg in the Hole
16 Slices of French Toast

So, there'll be breakfast for about 30 people just in case there are some who decide to have breakfast later.

I'm not bringing change, so please bring $5 bills for the breakfast. It'll make it a lot easier. ^_^
When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look, but it was gone. I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown; the dream is gone. And I have become comfortably numb.
Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Syrup!

Postby Fading Aura on Wed May 31, 2006 3:12 pm

Just bought the dry ingredients. By the way, here's what a gallon of syrup looks like . . . :D
Attachments
Syrup.jpg
Syrup.jpg (22.49 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Postby STrRedWolf on Wed May 31, 2006 7:24 pm

Unfortunately, I'm flying way earlier than 10am, so I can't attend. Thanks for the offer!
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Kitchen Duty

Postby Fading Aura on Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:16 pm

Okay, here's what the kitchen duty is looking like. We'll probably end up playing it by ear though. ;)

Cookie - Egg-in-a-hole
Fading Aura - Waffles
Jim North - French Toast
Kat North - Veggie Waffles
Legostar - Serving
Pimpette - Serving
Rock - Serving
Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Re: Kitchen Duty

Postby Dr Legostar on Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:41 am

Fading Aura wrote:Okay, here's what the kitchen duty is looking like. We'll probably end up playing it by ear though. ;)

Cookie - Egg-in-a-hole
Fading Aura - Waffles
Jim North - French Toast
Kat North - Veggie Waffles
Legostar - Serving
Pimpette - Serving
Rock - Serving

and how it ended up?

Fading Aura - Waffles
Legostar - Veggie Waffles + Waffle Tacos
Jim North - French Toast and one fried egg

Go, Go, CG COOKOUT BREAKFAST BRIGADE!

oh, and quoting for posterity: "WAFFLE UP!" --Fading Aura
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:44 am

Duff and I got there late, so there was 1 magled waffle left. But Egg in a hole was cool. Till I ate one of the holes and it was all butter. So I had more french toast to make it better.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Garneta on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:28 am

Also quoted for posterity, "Waffle On One!" I forget who said it, though...and man, that was one crowded breakfast!
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:30 am

Kat North wrote:Also quoted for posterity, "Waffle On One!" I forget who said it, though...and man, that was one crowded breakfast!

i'm fairly sure that was FA again.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Cortland on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:38 am

legostargalactica wrote:
Kat North wrote:Also quoted for posterity, "Waffle On One!" I forget who said it, though...and man, that was one crowded breakfast!

i'm fairly sure that was FA again.

No, actually I said it first. :wink: It was from one of the Homestar Runner menu screens.
Image Image
Cortland
Cartoon Hero

Postby Pimpette on Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:40 pm

Waffle Burrito!

...and the vegan waffle was surprisingly good. Thumbs up!
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers