2006 St. Louis Cook-Out Breakfast Thread

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Postby Pimpette on Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:39 am

corgan_dane wrote:Wait...maybe I missed something, but isn't it traditionally an attack on IHOP on Sunday? When did it get changed to french toast?

'course, I'm behind on many of these cookout threads, so I'm not complaining if it was changed. I'm just not up to speed.

There are apparently far too many of us to all fit into the IHOP now. :D
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tynan on Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:44 am

Then we must wage war on the IHOP.

I call dibs on General.

"We will fight them on the pancakes! We will fight them on the eggs overeasy! We will fight them over the bill!" -General Tynan "The lion hearted"
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR

Postby Joel Fagin on Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:48 am

Tynan wrote:I call dibs on General.

Oh, so we're not trying to win?

- Joel Fagin
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)

Postby Tynan on Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:57 am

:o

BLASPHEMY!

I hope you enjoy smoking and blindfolds because you've got a one way trip to the firing wall!
Tynan

Sleep? What is this sleep you speak of?

Postby Pimpette on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:21 am

You be careful now.
If you take down Joel, the Walmart happy face will come after you and drop numbers on your head. Heavy numbers.

Speaking of Joel.. I had a dream the other night about Joel's forum rank. A bunch of people on the forums were "nothos adrisor" and they were using hieroglyphs instead of the normal alphabet to talk on the forums.
It was sort of like a conspiracy or something... but I forget now. All I remember is the dream ended badly - but that didn't have anything to do with the forums, just my own sense of impending doom.
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Postby Joel Fagin on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:28 am

Tynan wrote:I hope you enjoy smoking and blindfolds because you've got a one way trip to the firing wall!

I'm not worried. Not as long as you're in charge, anyway.

- Joel Fagin
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)

Postby Dr Legostar on Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:14 am

corgan_dane wrote:Wait...maybe I missed something, but isn't it traditionally an attack on IHOP on Sunday? When did it get changed to french toast?

'course, I'm behind on many of these cookout threads, so I'm not complaining if it was changed. I'm just not up to speed.

you offering to pay?
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Corgan_dane on Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:45 am

legostargalactica wrote:

you offering to pay?

Yes! Just as soon as these monkeys finish flying out my butt. :wink:
Corgan_dane
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:41 am

corgan_dane wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:

you offering to pay?

what's k-dawg doing up there?
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Rkolter on Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:46 am

40 people might fit in the IHOP, however we'd have to rent out half the place, and we'd be spread out, and everything is overpriced, and we'd have to pay in advance to get that kind of seating, and...

... well, it's just easier to make waffles. :P

If we waged war on the IHOP, I think I would be the general because nobody would follow a Canadian general. Really, who would rally under the cry of, "CHARGE, AY!"

:wink:
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Mo on Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:10 am

Ooh! Oooh! Dibs on being the loud an' angry German Lieutenant! :wink:

AAAAAAAAAAAACHTUNG!

Also, do I have to choose what I'm gonna eat now? It kinda depends on what mood I'll be in that day... Also, I've never eaten Belgian waffles nor egg-in-the-hole, so I really don't know.
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Updates, Fruit and Ordering Ahead

Postby Fading Aura on Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:56 am

:roll: Getting back to the breakfast at the Kolter's, I've updated the menu and list of people coming.

Concerning fruit: To keep the price reasonable, I've excluded fruit. I have yet to calculate the actual price (I'm still messing with my waffle recipe and changing the ingredients), so it may be within the budget once I figure out what everything will cost. But for now, plan on bringing your own fruit if you want it in your waffles or on the side.

Cookie: Knowing what you're having beforehand allows me to figure out how much everything will cost. Tell you what - for you, I'll get the ingredients for a serving of everything and I'll have what you're not having. ;)
When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look, but it was gone. I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown; the dream is gone. And I have become comfortably numb.
Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Re: Updates, Fruit and Ordering Ahead

Postby Mo on Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:58 am

Fading Aura wrote:Cookie: Knowing what you're having beforehand allows me to figure out how much everything will cost. Tell you what - for you, I'll get the ingredients for a serving of everything and I'll have what you're not having. ;)

Aww thanks! You're awesome! :shucks:
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby Tynan on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:15 am

legostargalactica wrote:
corgan_dane wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:

you offering to pay?

what's k-dawg doing up there?

I'm not one to judge.
Tynan

Postby Rock_dash on Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:34 am

Geh, you'd better put me on the maybe list, Fadie. All the flights I've looked at so far leave at something like 7 in the morning. The greyhound bus was either leave at 6 AM or leave at something like 7 in the evening, which would mean sitting in the bus terminal for a long ass time :P
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Dr Legostar on Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:59 am

rock_dash wrote:Geh, you'd better put me on the maybe list, Fadie. All the flights I've looked at so far leave at something like 7 in the morning. The greyhound bus was either leave at 6 AM or leave at something like 7 in the evening, which would mean sitting in the bus terminal for a long ass time :P

i hear st. louis bus terminals are lovely this time of year.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Phact0rri on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:46 pm

just to point out, I can make a wide variety of things, I'm almost thinking some tofu scrambles and french toast.

if anyone monitoring this, wants to eat vegitarian breakfast, tell me if you want something diffrent. I can probably make just about anything, however I'm not sure if I'll be in the mood for anything to complicated.

*oh right... just an after thought, I myself am vegan, and will not be supplying animal biproducts but if anyone is wanting say dairy, eggs or what have you.. it will need to be supplied and let me know before hand. I don't mind making it. I just don't like buying it.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Veggie Option!

Postby Fading Aura on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:55 pm

phactorri wrote:just to point out, I can make a wide variety of things, I'm almost thinking some tofu scrambles and french toast.

if anyone monitoring this, wants to eat vegitarian breakfast, tell me if you want something diffrent. I can probably make just about anything, however I'm not sure if I'll be in the mood for anything to complicated.

Let's not spread this out too much. First, I need to know what ingredients you'll need for a veggie breakfast (unless, of course, you want to donate them :D). Second, you should settle on one or two dishes so it'll be easy to put together that morning. You're probably already headed in that direction but I wanted to make sure. ^_^
When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look, but it was gone. I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown; the dream is gone. And I have become comfortably numb.
Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Postby Dutch! on Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:19 pm

Here's a really easy morning meal.

A dingo's breakfast!

A piss and a good look around (dingos are reknowned for being able to live off the smell of an oily rag)

Put it this way, it'll be cheap!
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Dutch!
Red galah

Postby Jim North on Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:15 am

I dunno . . . what with petroleum prices like they are, an oily rag might not be so cheap . . .
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers