What dish are you bringing to the Cookout?

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Postby Rock_dash on Thu May 04, 2006 12:09 pm

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:I know how to make granola. I may bring some. I dunno.

I also have a container of evil powder. It makes food pretty hot.

rock_dash wrote:I saw that King of the Hill episode about Lutefisk. I'll never never touch the stuff. Ever.
so, you're the man with the terrible smell!

Oh god, it's true, it's all true! I STOLE THE LUTEFISK! I BURNED DOWN THE CHURCH!!

*breaks down and sobs*
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Rkolter on Thu May 04, 2006 12:13 pm

My father purchased a substance in a bottle labeled "Satan's Blood". It was a thick, gooey consistency material with a heat of 800,000 scovilles, per milliliter of fluid.

A Jalipeno is 2500 scovilles. For the whole thing.

So, we make some rice and chili, right? My uncle, who is as big as an ox, is crying his eyes out. My mom refuses to eat it. Beth says no. So my Dad and I start eating, and sweating, and eating... it was the absolute limit of my heat capacity.

That was I think, four milliliters, in a GALLON container of chili and rice.

I want my father to mail me what's left of the bottle... the BBQ sauce could use a little heat. :twisted:
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Rock_dash on Thu May 04, 2006 12:15 pm

Please no, me no like the spicy foods :cry:
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Jim North on Thu May 04, 2006 4:07 pm

Pfft. Jalapenos. Give me habaneros any day.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Fri May 05, 2006 5:46 am

Jalapeños taste good, but they aren't hot at all. I guess I'll bring my death powder from Thailand.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Rkolter on Fri May 05, 2006 7:12 am

Jim North wrote:Pfft. Jalapenos. Give me habaneros any day.

I like flavor with my heat, that's a big requirement for me. Jalipenos, even absent their heat, have a distinct flavor. Habaneros do not. They're good -in- foods, but not a good finger snack.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Jim North on Fri May 05, 2006 9:13 am

Funny, I've always found it to be the other way around. Jalepenos taste like rubber to me, while habaneros actually have a nice spicy taste.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Fri May 05, 2006 10:01 am

Jim North wrote:Funny, I've always found it to be the other way around. Jalepenos taste like rubber to me, while habaneros actually have a nice spicy taste.

Buy your Jalipenos fresh - they get rubbery pretty quick. But fresh they're crispy and crunchy and oh so delicious.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Tellurider on Fri May 05, 2006 10:28 am

A friend of mine has a brother who thought he was Mr. Spicy Food. He was always getting stuff as spicy as you can get it.

So he goes to some Thai restaurant, or maybe he was IN thailand, I don't remember. Anyway the little Thai waitress asks him how hot he wants his food. He says "Spicy." She gives him an evil grin and says, "THAI spicy?" He says yes.

So she brings his food out to him and it is literally swimming in those little spicy pod things of theirs. There's almost more spice than actual food. And he had to eat the whole thing to save his pride.

Apparently, it was hilarious and involved three pitchers of water. :P
updates Thursdays
Tellurider
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jim North on Fri May 05, 2006 9:04 pm

rkolter wrote:
Jim North wrote:Funny, I've always found it to be the other way around. Jalepenos taste like rubber to me, while habaneros actually have a nice spicy taste.

Buy your Jalipenos fresh - they get rubbery pretty quick. But fresh they're crispy and crunchy and oh so delicious.

I've eaten 'em straight off the plant before . . . my dad used to grow a patch of 'em in his garden. *shrug*
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby Pimpette on Sat May 06, 2006 10:24 am

rock_dash wrote:Please no, me no like the spicy foods :cry:
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Wow. This is what I waste the 3000th post on.

Postby Mo on Sat May 06, 2006 10:26 am

Pimpette wrote:
rock_dash wrote:Please no, I like the spicy foods but my stomache doesn't. :cry:
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby Rkolter on Sat May 06, 2006 3:24 pm

I was kidding - I won't spike the food with spice. :P

I might make some spicy bbq sauce for those who like it that way though. :D
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Garneta on Sat May 06, 2006 8:05 pm

rkolter wrote:I was kidding - I won't spike the food with spice. :P

I might make some spicy bbq sauce for those who like it that way though. :D

Mm! Yeah, do it! :)
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Dave Against The Machine on Wed May 17, 2006 8:07 pm

Uhhhhhhh. I can't really cook. And for 2 reasons. I don't know how, and we don't have a stove at the moment. I could like, contribute to snacks and drinks and stuff. BUt thats sadly about it. I can get my hands on a butt load of pocky! But that's if it makes it there, and my truck isn't fully of empy pocky boxes. :P Nah.
Dave Against The Machine
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed May 17, 2006 8:40 pm

It better be green tea pocky.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Dave Against The Machine on Wed May 17, 2006 8:42 pm

Never heard of it. Only kinds I can get my hands on is strawberry, cheery, and posibly chocolate. (Which I think is nasty.)
Dave Against The Machine
Cartoon Hero

Postby Brockway on Fri May 19, 2006 8:45 am

I'm gonna say it: I am an awesome cook. I can make grilled tilapia (you cook it in foil with leaks and shitake mushroom's in sauce) Seafood gumbo (shrimp, crab, okra, tomatoes, with homemade roux) Lemon pepper burgers (they taste awesome) Spaghetti with homemade cheese sauce (I use velveta though) and meatballs (meatloaf seasoning on ground beef) cakes (when I started working at walmart I got into making desert's, brownies, flan, cheesecake, butter and marble cakes are awesome.)

But... I don't think the gumbo or tilapia will survive a plane flight. Cake probably not either. Brownies and cookies may be the way to go. Would anyone object to the cookies being stuck with checked luggage? :P
Updating again!
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW
Brockway
Dirty Old Man

Postby STrRedWolf on Fri May 19, 2006 9:28 am

It'll try to bring six large packs of Authentic Pocky over.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Postby RemusShepherd on Fri May 19, 2006 10:19 am

brockway wrote:I'm gonna say it: I am an awesome cook. ...
Spaghetti with homemade cheese sauce (I use velveta though) and meatballs (meatloaf seasoning on ground beef)

(wince) The Italian part of me just died a little, inside. :)

I can make spaghetti with marinara sauce starting with flour, eggs, and tomatoes. If you want an alfredo sauce I'll make a bechamel using provalone. Meatballs are a combination of beef, pork, and optionally veal -- anything less is just a round hamburger. :)

Sounds like everyone is bringing brownies or cookies. Since I'm flying in instead of driving, I might not bring brownies as I had planned. Instead I'll see what kind of time and facilities we have, and plan something when I'm there.
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers