What dish are you bringing to the Cookout?

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Postby Rock_dash on Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:09 am

Vorticus wrote:
rkolter wrote:
Joel Fagin wrote:
rkolter wrote:Remember we can't just have desserts. :P

Image Why not?

- Joel Fagin

Ever eat too much candy as a kid?

I'm sure that's a scientific impossibility. Corn from Nebraska? Sweet!

Ooooohohoho. I beg to differ, my friend :ick:

Also, added the current list to my first post for reference, even though I know nothing's set in stone at this point.
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Cortland on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:58 pm

I don't think they'll be in season, but if I can find any, I may just bring some Cortland apples.
Image Image
Cortland
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kris X on Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:06 pm

Just checking, any other vegetarians or chicka-tarians ( eat poultry and fish) going to be at the cookout?
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Postby Rkolter on Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:55 pm

I have to remind people who plan to cook food that it's first come first served on the kitchen, but I get priority. There are a lot of people wanting to cook Friday evening before the cookout. You may want to plan to cook Thursday - there'll be refrigerator space.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Black Sparrow on Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:05 pm

Kris X wrote:Just checking, any other vegetarians or chicka-tarians ( eat poultry and fish) going to be at the cookout?

Me. Simple vegetarian. No meat (or seafood, since some people don't count fish flesh as animal flesh for some reason). Eggs, cheese, and other animal products are okay.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:13 pm

I just remembered that I owe Spriteville a coke, and I think Rkolter owes him a steak. He's really gonna be living it up :o
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Tim on Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:57 am

Joel Fagin wrote:Tim Tams and Vegemite sandwiches.* I'll also cook something that's needed once I'm there. I do good salads and deserts.

- Joel Fagin

* BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Heh, I'm surprised you're not bringing a Pundt cake.
*runs away*

Also, I had confirmation in the other thread that I could bring money to help offset the Kolter's costs in lieu of actual food.
Do you accept personal checks?
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Location: Bay State, ol' Bay State, I lift my heart to you (bum bum bum)

Postby Rkolter on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:01 am

Tim wrote:Do you accept personal checks?

Only if they're edible.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter

Postby Tellurider on Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:42 pm

Yeah, two questions. I assume you've got measuring cups.

Do you have:
pie dishes in which to bake pies?
a rolling pin?

If you don't have pie dishes that's okay, I can probably fake it with disposable ones. If you don't have a rolling pin I'm getting you one so Beth can whack you over the head with it.
Tellurider
Cartoon Hero

Postby Garneta on Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:56 pm

But then the owl would be sad
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Ekolter on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:16 pm

We don't have large selection of baking/mixing items. We have a few pots and pans and that's about it. Probably be best to raid the Wal-mart around the corner.
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Postby RemusShepherd on Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:09 am

What do you need?

I was planning on bringing brownies. I may bring them regardless, as I'll make them beforehand and they're easy.

I can make lasagna for 20+ people, but that will require me to monopolize the kitchen for a few hours.

If I'm driving (still not sure, yet), I can bring ingredients for a vegetarian dip buffet (three different types of tortilla chips, hummus, beans, baba ganoush, guacamole, etc.) This will require serving platters, but no cooking and minimal set-up time.

If I get a minimum amount of time in the kitchen, I can bring fettucini. I can do about any kind of pasta or dessert you want. What do you need?
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:18 am

i may bring a couple of batches of home-made cheese, or some home-made cookies, or some store-bought meat.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Rock_dash on Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:20 pm

RemusShepherd wrote:What do you need?

I was planning on bringing brownies. I may bring them regardless, as I'll make them beforehand and they're easy.

I can make lasagna for 20+ people, but that will require me to monopolize the kitchen for a few hours.

If I'm driving (still not sure, yet), I can bring ingredients for a vegetarian dip buffet (three different types of tortilla chips, hummus, beans, baba ganoush, guacamole, etc.) This will require serving platters, but no cooking and minimal set-up time.

If I get a minimum amount of time in the kitchen, I can bring fettucini. I can do about any kind of pasta or dessert you want. What do you need?

If you do lasagne, can I request some without onions? I'm not alergic to them or anything, I just can't stand them :(
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Mo on Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:32 pm

rock_dash wrote:If you do lasagne, can I request some without onions? I'm not alergic to them or anything, I just can't stand them :(

Aha! And now I know YOUR weakness! Mwahahahahaa!

Reading through this thread makes me hungry. :shifty:
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby Dr Legostar on Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:04 pm

i think if you brought fish pudding it'd freak rock out too.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Mo on Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:06 pm

legostargalactica wrote:i think if you brought fish pudding it'd freak rock out too.

Yeah, that was my original idea, but then I found out that fish products are a no-no. :(
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby Dr Legostar on Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:09 pm

Cookie wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:i think if you brought fish pudding it'd freak rock out too.

Yeah, that was my original idea, but then I found out that fish products are a no-no. :(

oh that's right! forgot.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Mo on Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:16 pm

legostargalactica wrote:
Cookie wrote:

oh that's right! forgot.

That's actually the reason I don't think I can bring ANY type of typical Norwegian food... they're all about fishy stuff here.
Well, that and the fact that I can't take all that much luggage with me. I'll probably bring a few Norwegian snacks that are easy to transport, but it won't be anything as exotic or freaky as fishpudding. ;)
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby Rock_dash on Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:51 pm

So there! Nyah! :P
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers