I've been asked to make this post.
Here's how you can help out to make the cookout a success.
1) If you want to donate cash to Beth and I for use in the cookout and activities, feel free to do so. We'll use it for that, honest. A couple hundred bucks would take the edge off, but if we get zero, we'll still find a way to make it all cool and fun.
2) We need 3 grills of decent size (webber round grills for example) that can be transported in cars.
3) We need ice chests. Lots of ice chests.
4) We need people willing to pick folks up at the airport and transport them around - to the hotel, to the home, and to the cookout and back.
5) If someone has a van they'd be willing to lend us or make available for a couple days, that'd just rock. Our insurance travels with us.
6) Food donations for people staying over at our home Thurs/Fri/Sat night. Also vegetarian foodstuffs in general.
7) Pillows and Blankets for those people staying with us (provide a label for them or be ready to remember which were yours or to give 'em to us, since they'll definately be in use).
Most of the other things we need can be resolved with #1. For example, we need to buy a hundred plus pounds of meat. That means money, and it's simpler than having you bring us meat.
Anything that you donate will be returned if possible, and if you offer to donate, you'll be expected to come through because we'll plan on you making available what you promised.
Things we have gotten:
FADING AURA: She is hosting the Sunday breakfast at our home. There's no reasonable way we'd get the entire IHOP and the prices are hefty. The breakfast costs $4-5 apiece, and for that you get:
Belgian Waffles (one or two)
Some kind of Vegetarian alternative (to be determined)
If you are interested, Fading Aura needs a count of who plans to eat breakfast - please contact her directly via PM. The Kolters, aside from providing a place to eat and a kitchen for FA, aren't doing anything with this thing.
FAUB: Faub is doing the cookout shirts, please see the main cookout thread for details. He watches it. The Kolters are not involved in this either (aside from getting our shirts!!).