Cookie's Music-at-the-Cookout Thread.

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Postby Robin Pierce on Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:10 am

you missed Jamerican pie. :3 you can sing that aaallll by yourself XD
Image Image Image
Commissions currently at Sale Prices, for details click third link
Robin Pierce
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Mo on Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:18 am

rock_dash wrote:How about I sweaten the deal? You do Ventura Highway, and I'll do a request of yours? Doesn't have to be music, can be whatever you want.

I KNOW I'm asking for trouble with this, and yet I don't stop typing. Why?

Fine... :twisted:

(Guess I'll have to consult Sparrow for some really... "good ideas"......)

Edit: Did I really request 'I Shot the Sheriff'? That is a good one too...how many cookout song requests do we get? >_>;

The thing is, under normal conditions, my voice will do okay for about one hour of singing - longer if it's songs that are easy to sing (like the ones I wrote myself), shorter if it's songs that are very challenging to my voice. It also depends on the form I'm in that very day, which is hard to predict.

So, let's say 60 minutes, 5 minutes per song = 12 songs. Most songs are shorter than that though, so I guess I might be able to do 15 songs at the VERY most, again, it depends on the kinda songs. I think 10-12 songs is more realistic though, because I'm not certain we'll have one hour time with all those other activities planned. I expect that not everyone attending the cookout will request a song (otherwise.. I'd be in trouble).

But, anyway, these mathematics in mind, I only grant everyone ONE request.

So... choose wisely. ;)

Joel Fagin wrote:Well, she's there for a couple of days and each song would be, at most, five minutes. That's about three hundred songs, I think, but we'd have to listen in shifts to get any sleep.

D:
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby Netpoet on Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:32 am

Cookie wrote:words

COOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SUPRA HYPER NAGA GLOMP!!!!!*

Missed ya, you know. :)

>Net
Netpoet
Cartoon Hero

Postby CaptainClaude on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:51 am

netpoet wrote:

>Net

you daft plum.
CaptainClaude
Witty British President

Postby RemusShepherd on Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:16 am

Cookie, you don't need to perform. You just need to show up. :) This isn't a horde of hungry peasants that need to be pacified, it's a group of friends who unfortunately can't see each other as much as they'd like.
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Netpoet on Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:31 am

ryclaude wrote:you daft plum.

what'd I do? *is confuzzled*

>Net
Netpoet
Cartoon Hero

Postby Black Sparrow on Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:55 pm

RemusShepherd wrote:Cookie, you don't need to perform. You just need to show up. :) This isn't a horde of hungry peasants that need to be pacified, it's a group of friends who unfortunately can't see each other as much as they'd like.

Can't we be both?
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby RemusShepherd on Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:08 pm

Black Sparrow wrote:
RemusShepherd wrote:Cookie, you don't need to perform. You just need to show up. :) This isn't a horde of hungry peasants that need to be pacified, it's a group of friends who unfortunately can't see each other as much as they'd like.

Can't we be both?

No, damnit! :)

I just worry that hungry peasants scare people away, or into putting on a performance, when they should be relaxing and being themselves. :)
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero

Ourselves?

Postby Fading Aura on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:08 pm

RemusShepherd wrote:I just worry that hungry peasants scare people away, or into putting on a performance, when they should be relaxing and being themselves. :)

Be ourselves? At the cookout?! That's crazy talk! :P
When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look, but it was gone. I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown; the dream is gone. And I have become comfortably numb.
Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Re: Ourselves?

Postby Rock_dash on Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:41 pm

Fading Aura wrote:That's crazy talk!

That's my brother. We're all a little worried about him :-?
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Re: Ourselves?

Postby Garneta on Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:09 pm

Fading Aura wrote:Be ourselves? At the cookout?! That's crazy talk! :P

That's right. I at least plan on wearing a frame around me, so that I'll look like my avatar the whole time.
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Mo on Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:04 am

netpoet wrote:

:shucks: Aw, thanks. This is really a one-thread-only comeback though because I want to get my stuff organized for the cookout.

Miss you guys, too.

RemusShepherd wrote:
Black Sparrow wrote:

Can't we be both?

No, damnit! :)

I just worry that hungry peasants scare people away, or into putting on a performance, when they should be relaxing and being themselves. :)

Oh, but you see Remus, this really was my own idea, so no chance of scaring me away. I actually enjoy playing and singing when I'm with friends, not all the time of course, but occasionally. I am nervous before playing, naturally, seeing as I play just by myself most of the time, but once I'm past the first song (would you believe I almost wrote "snog"?), the nervosity usually wears off and I'm having fun doing it. :)

And since this will probably be the only time I will ever be able to attend an overseas CG meet-up (due to the generosity of some awesome people), I wanted to offer to perform for you people IF you want me to, because the chance may never come again. ;)

Besides, I'm gonna have so much fun disappointing you when you find out that I actually suck even more when I play live, HAHAHHAhahah... :lol: haHAha....... :-? ha................ :(

And like I said, the playing won't take long, so I have the rest of the time to relax. (And performing doesn't equal not being myself, actually... just ask my friends...)

Oh, and just watch all your backs when I whoop your butts at poker by being my evil POKER SELF. :twisted:

That's right. I'm gonna poke like MAD!

I bet I'm even worse when I'm jetlagged.

You guys better hope I won't have PMS too.

*shudders*
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby Mo on Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:32 pm

Well, I've (mostly) recovered from my cold so I can practice again... I've gotten a couple requests and found a couple other songs I might play (including a little... surprise), but if anyone still wants to make a request you can do so until Monday May 1st, after that I will laugh in your face if you make a request.

Hey, I need time to practice and I'll be guitar-less for two weeks in May, so time's running up really.

(Also, my music site should be working now for all those who've gotten that friendly "Go away" message lately. </plug>)
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Previous

Return to Community Get-Togethers