The CN Expo....BE THERE!

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Do you think you'll be able to come to the expo?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:20 pm

Yes!
21%
No...:(
28%
Maybe so?
10%
Tynan is hawtness incarnate!
8%
I like pudding.
5%
Can we bring a keg?
3%
Tynan and Dawg and Pimpette? Oh my!
10%
I'd kill a busload of bunnies just to get to the expo!
8%
Will there be naked women?
8%

Total votes : 39

Postby Tim on Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:46 pm

Okay, time to buckle down and seriously think about this.

Unfortunately, some complications have arisen on my end. First, I'm pretty sure I've used up any vacation time already, so I'm already looking at a short weekend (Saturday through Monday). Also, I've been summoned (summonsed?) for jury duty on Aug. 31st (yippee). Not that I expect that jury duty would last longer than a day, but I suppose it'd look bad if I tried to leave the country if it happened to go longer than expected.

I'm looking at a roughly 8 or 9 hour drive. I'm inclined to take it in order to save money, but it seems a bit much all by myself (not that I haven't done it before). Is there anyone else in the southern New England/upstate New York area up for carpooling? Remember, I'd be traveling Saturday morning...or even possibly Friday night. Otherwise I should probably look into plane tickets ASAP.

For those who have done it before: if driving, is a passport necessary, or would it simply be helpful?

Is there still available crash space somewhere, or would people go in on a hotel room with me?

Sorry for the lengthy post...I'm just tired of Tynan bugging me to BE THERE. ;)
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Location: Bay State, ol' Bay State, I lift my heart to you (bum bum bum)

Postby Tynan on Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:01 pm

Sorry dude I didn't mean to over play it.

I'd personally suggest the drive and the time frame seems about right.
Keep your passport on you for although in the past I've always been able to go over the border without one allegedly they're going to crack down and demand passports.

I think there's still space at our favourite monkeys place but I dont want to put words into his mouth.

Also if you need I'll talk to the judge and we'll work something out so that you can BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU LOVE THE "BE THERE!" LOVE IT! YOU FREAKING ADORE IT!
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR

Postby Faub on Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:52 pm

I'm there and I'm bringing ladydarke with me. :D Tickets are bought and I'll be in Wasaga Beach a week beforehand.
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:56 am

i already told you i'm gonna be there, even bought my ticket but i never got a "we've got lego!" like you did with a bunch of other people, so when i am there, you're getting a swift kick in the butt for being a pain. and another kick for missing the cookout, so, I'll be there, and so will my foot kicking your ass.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Pimpette on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:26 am

I believe the "ZOMG YOU NEED PASSPORT" bit doesn't start till December or January (or so I hear from my trucker friends, who cross the border a lot). When I was crossing over for the cookout, I just gave em my driver's license and birth certificate and that seemed to be fine. We only got detained about five minutes both ways - just long enough for them to ask where we were going and why.
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Postby CJBurgandy on Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:38 am

and since we forgot to warn Merc, when crossing the border never tell them you're going to visit your girlfriend/boyfriend. Doesn't matter what country you're going to. Custom people do not like hearing that.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:39 am

cjburgandy wrote:and since we forgot to warn Merc, when crossing the border never tell them you're going to visit your girlfriend/boyfriend. Doesn't matter what country you're going to. Custom people do not like hearing that.

why not?
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby CJBurgandy on Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:42 am

they don't want you getting pregnant/knocking someone up so you can run off, get married and immigrate.

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:35 am

awww.. but that's so much fun!
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Tynan on Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:31 pm

They also dont like hearing about you wanting to kick me in my butt.

Or is it the opposite?
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR

Postby Grabmygoblin on Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:39 pm

I think I'm going to take the train, sorry Tim. I can't stand long car trips. or short ones for that matter.
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tim on Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:38 pm

grabmygoblin wrote:I think I'm going to take the train, sorry Tim. I can't stand long car trips. or short ones for that matter.

No problem. :)

Well, I went and applied for my passport. Even paid extra to have it expedited (since I'm now currently without my birth certificate anyway). So that's one step closer to I'll have to BE THERE for it to be worth what I paid...but if not, it's still good for 10 years, I'll just have to BE THERE next year.
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Location: Bay State, ol' Bay State, I lift my heart to you (bum bum bum)

Postby CJBurgandy on Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:50 am

just a reminder that everyone staying at Dawg's place needs to remember to bring Strawberry Jello mix.

CJBurgandy

Postby Dr Legostar on Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:01 am

cjburgandy wrote:just a reminder that everyone staying at Dawg's place needs to remember to bring Strawberry Jello mix.

why? does he have a swimming pool?
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby CJBurgandy on Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:25 am

because, we're going on an adventure. One that requires a large ammount of Jello mix

CJBurgandy

Postby Dr Legostar on Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:29 am

meh, swimming pool would be cooler.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Vorticus on Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:17 am

cjburgandy wrote:because, we're going on an adventure. One that requires a large ammount of Jello mix

Oh my :o
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby Pimpette on Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:18 am

Hooray for the internet!
I was wondering how we'd get the jello tub thing to work.

And hooray that the stain will wash off. But DAMN that's a lot of jello.
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mon Ami on Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:09 am

-Laughs until she chokes on it.- What an awesome idea XDDD
Mon Ami
Cartoon Hero

Postby CJBurgandy on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:39 am

Dawg has informed me that his parents might still be home at that time, so it looks like we're going to have to do this to Ty's bathtub.

CJBurgandy

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers