Minicon, April 15-16 (Easter Weekend), Minneapolis

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Minicon, April 15-16 (Easter Weekend), Minneapolis

Postby RemusShepherd on Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:57 am

I'm going to be at Minicon this year. Actually, I'm there every year...I'm sort of on the staff. :P

The guests of honor this year are Harlan Ellison and John Picacio. Going by my temperment and Harlan Ellison's reputation, there is a slightly better than even chance that we will end up in a fistfight at some point during the con. :) I have served on panels in the past -- mostly science panels, but if there's a webcomic panel this year I'm likely to be on it. If I'm not on a panel, I'm likely to be in the con suite, stamping out fires, cooking your meals, and cleaning your messes. Since this year's theme is 'Robots', I will be bringing my Roomba to help keep the suite tidy.

Anyway, I know there are a few CGers in the area, just thought I'd extend the chance to meet.
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Black Sparrow on Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:50 pm

That might be interesting. And since I go to school in Minneapolis...

The one thing I can see getting in the way though is an Easter family get-together. I'm unofficial younger-cousin-sitter on both sides of my family, so there's a good chance that family will get in the way.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby RemusShepherd on Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:41 pm

Yeah, I think they purposefully put it on Easter weekend to keep the attendance down. We still get about 3k people, though. The really big convention in town is Convergence in July, which I avoid. :)
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero

Postby Vorticus on Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:16 pm

hmm, I might be able to attend this as well. I don't know what's all happening with my Easter weekend just yet though.
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Return to Community Get-Togethers