The 2006 St. Louis Comic Cookout thread

This forum is for people to organize and prepare for meetings and events for the ComicGenesis Community. Serious proposals only.

Postby Dr Legostar on Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:30 am

mrs_rkolter wrote:Cookie - We looooove you! Door is always open. Glad you got home safe and sound. Hope you had fun and we didn't scare you off of America for life :P

Seriously, I was so sad after I dropped off Rock last night. It was like "it's really over?!" Kinda got misty eyed. You all must come back....just not all at once. Doubt the new place can hold all of you at one time. XD

i could always change my route home and stop to visit you guys for an evening on my way home some time.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Ekolter on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:14 am

legostargalactica wrote:
mrs_rkolter wrote:Cookie - We looooove you! Door is always open. Glad you got home safe and sound. Hope you had fun and we didn't scare you off of America for life :P

Seriously, I was so sad after I dropped off Rock last night. It was like "it's really over?!" Kinda got misty eyed. You all must come back....just not all at once. Doubt the new place can hold all of you at one time. XD

i could always change my route home and stop to visit you guys for an evening on my way home some time.

Door is always open for you. Just call before you show :)
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

DANGERBALL!#@$!#!$

Postby Pimpette on Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:10 pm

Best weekend ever! Totally worth the 17-hour drives (16 on the way home, despite our power nap and my getting us lost) and the sleep deprivation. The tiredness hit me again about ten last night and I went to bed and nearly slept through today! It's 4PM and I think I've finally made up all the sleep I lost.

And Ty, we have presents for you from the Kolters (and MixedMyth)! We were trying to call you for hours last night to hang out, but got no answer. Free up some time for Thursday and we'll hang out and stuff.

JTigerclaw wrote:Dangerball is the best game ever! (don't forget, I came up with the name). Me and Pimpette pretended to be doors for a good chunk of Saturday night (only us two will understand this at all).

XD
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Re: DANGERBALL!#@$!#!$

Postby Dr Legostar on Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:42 pm

Pimpette wrote:
JTigerclaw wrote:Dangerball is the best game ever! (don't forget, I came up with the name). Me and Pimpette pretended to be doors for a good chunk of Saturday night (only us two will understand this at all).

XD

I understand, mostly cause you two made great doors and I got to make a cool entrance through you :D

Pimpette wrote:Best weekend ever!

This can not be said enough.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby JTigerclaw on Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:52 am

legostargalactica wrote:
Pimpette wrote:

XD

I understand, mostly cause you two made great doors and I got to make a cool entrance through you :D

Always happy to be a part of a cool entrance. I hope my squeaky door noises made your entrance that much more dramatic. :)

legostargalactica wrote:
Pimpette wrote:Best weekend ever!

This can not be said enough.

Nuff said.
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:23 am

Pimpette wrote:Best weekend ever! Totally worth the 17-hour drives (16 on the way home, despite our power nap and my getting us lost) and the sleep deprivation. The tiredness hit me again about ten last night and I went to bed and nearly slept through today! It's 4PM and I think I've finally made up all the sleep I lost.

I got up at 5pm today, and feel hella lot better now. the soreness from being immobile for to many hours is starting to go away a bit now as well. but it was totally worth it. I need to find ways to hang out with some of the forumites more I think.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:02 am

finally getting over the cold i contracted during the cookout, a cold which was, mind you, well worth getting.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby JTigerclaw on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:11 am

I almost contracted death for being forced to be awake for 42 hours straight into the first day of the cookout, breaking that streak with a mere hour long nap at the airport. Hey it was right after finals and I had to celebrate my friend's birthday, so I couldn't go to sleep before catching a plane at 7 am.

Also, I almost contracted an eye infection from leaving my contacts in too long... But I contracted alot of fun too, so it's all good.

legostargalactica wrote:finally getting over the cold i contracted during the cookout, a cold which was, mind you, well worth getting.

How did you get a cold when you were constantly engulfed by hawt [women]?
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:14 am

JTigerclaw wrote:I almost contracted death for being forced to be awake for 42 hours straight into the first day of the cookout, breaking that streak with a mere hour long nap at the airport. Hey it was right after finals and I had to celebrate my friend's birthday, so I couldn't go to sleep before catching a plane at 7 am.

Also, I almost contracted an eye infection from leaving my contacts in too long... But I contracted alot of fun too, so it's all good.

legostargalactica wrote:finally getting over the cold i contracted during the cookout, a cold which was, mind you, well worth getting.

it's one of the great mysteries of our age.
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby JTigerclaw on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:20 am

legostargalactica wrote:
JTigerclaw wrote:I almost contracted death for being forced to be awake for 42 hours straight into the first day of the cookout, breaking that streak with a mere hour long nap at the airport. Hey it was right after finals and I had to celebrate my friend's birthday, so I couldn't go to sleep before catching a plane at 7 am.

it's one of the great mysteries of our age.

Right up there with Who let the dogs out?
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:42 am

Oh gawd, that's the worst song in the universe.

I think Sincerely was sick.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby JTigerclaw on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:47 am

Maybe, but now it doesn't matter if she lost her voice, because now she can type all she wants to make up for it. :P
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:40 am

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Oh gawd, that's the worst song in the universe.

I think Sincerely was sick.

yeah, seeing as she was wrestling with sparrow and sparrow's sick now, and she kissed me, and i'm sick now, seems likely. I blame sincerely, and by blame i mean "thank"
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Pimpette on Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:13 pm

HaHA! and the Laurel is not sick.

...I'm not sure how to feel about that, now.
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Postby Sincerely on Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:42 pm

Okay, this whole thing with everyone being overjoyed that I gave them a cold is a little bit weird. *flails* I hope you're all using it as an excuse to get some extra sick days off of work.
Sincerely
Ice Queen

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:09 pm

Pimpette wrote:HaHA! and the Laurel is not sick.

obviously you just didn't make out with me enough, that shall have to be remedied.

sincerely wrote:Okay, this whole thing with everyone being overjoyed that I gave them a cold is a little bit weird. *flails* I hope you're all using it as an excuse to get some extra sick days off of work.

ahahahahahahhaha.... yeah right...
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby JTigerclaw on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:40 pm

legostargalactica wrote:
Pimpette wrote:HaHA! and the Laurel is not sick.

obviously you just didn't make out with me enough, that shall have to be remedied.

Yeah, there seemed to be a lack of making out with Pimpette at the Cookout. Better get that fixed by next time.
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero

Postby Black Sparrow on Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:32 pm

JTigerclaw wrote:Yeah, there seemed to be a lack of making out with Pimpette at the Cookout. Better get that fixed by next time.

I'll be willing to pitch in, there!
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby Orion on Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:39 pm

bah, you're all talk. As I recall your 'making out' with sincerly was just hugging.

Still totally hot though.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:44 pm

orion wrote:bah, you're all talk. As I recall your 'making out' with sincerly was just hugging.

Still totally hot though.

and how!
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

PreviousNext

Return to Community Get-Togethers