The "whatever" of the fair-to-middlin' thread.

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby Yeahduff on Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:59 am

Is it well-regarded? Burger King's supposed to be good, but why the hell would I go to Burger King?
I won't be the stars in your dark night.
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:00 am

It is, and it won some manner of blind taste test. Turns out that everyone really is an idiot except me.

You go to Burger King for bad attempts at viral marketing. If they called off the Whopper for real, I'd shit my pants with glee.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Yeahduff on Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:09 am

Yeah, the money I don't spend on it on Mondays makes it taste pretty good, otherwise, meh.

Starbucks is also overrated.
Yeahduff

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:12 am

It totally is. Starbucks tastes burnt.

And free makes most things taste better. Except Superior™ coffee. It tastes like lite-roasted balls no matter what.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby IVstudios on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:31 am

I'm not a big fan of coffee, but my apartment came with a free coffee maker, and I'll be damed if I let it go to waste.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:43 am

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:You go to Burger King for bad attempts at viral marketing. If they called off the Whopper for real, I'd shit my pants with glee.

The whopper isn't bad, as far as fast food burgers go. But when I eat at Burger King, I overwhelmingly go for their double-cheeseburger, as they make the best one in fast food.

For the main burger, I'd go for Wendy's first, then Burger King, then Rally's, McDonalds, Jack in the Box, then finally Hardees. Their "six dollar burger" just... isn't.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Yeahduff on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:51 am

Fitting we're speaking of fast food chains in thte "fair to middlin" thread.

If I'm at Burger King, I'll get the Whopper. Mostly because that's what the coupon will say.
Yeahduff

Postby KWill on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:08 am

rkolter wrote:The whopper isn't bad, as far as fast food burgers go. But when I eat at Burger King, I overwhelmingly go for their double-cheeseburger, as they make the best one in fast food.

For the main burger, I'd go for Wendy's first, then Burger King, then Rally's, McDonalds, Jack in the Box, then finally Hardees. Their "six dollar burger" just... isn't.

I usally go for the regular hamburger. This may not mean anything to you, as Burger King apparently no longer makes them Stateside.
KWill
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:22 am

KWill wrote:
rkolter wrote:The whopper isn't bad, as far as fast food burgers go. But when I eat at Burger King, I overwhelmingly go for their double-cheeseburger, as they make the best one in fast food.

I usally go for the regular hamburger. This may not mean anything to you, as Burger King apparently no longer makes them Stateside.

That's news to me. My Burger King sells 'em. I don't mind them but they over-mustard their hamburgers.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter

Postby Laemkral on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:40 am

I got a cold sore, but it's been so long since I last had one and it's not that bad....so whatever. Just a little annoyance.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Killbert-Robby on Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:13 pm

I've been surfing this site 2 years today? Interesting...
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby Garneta on Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:50 pm

rkolter wrote:For the main burger, I'd go for Wendy's first, then Burger King, then Rally's, McDonalds, Jack in the Box, then finally Hardees. Their "six dollar burger" just... isn't.

They still have Rally's in places? :o

I miss Burger Station. Now that was a good burger. As it is now, I like A&W, then Wendys, as far as fast food burgers go.
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Black Sparrow on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:54 pm

Been lazier than usual lately. Haven't checked in here lately *waves to people* Thinking about working on my webcomic. Meh...
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby KWill on Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:24 am

rkolter wrote:That's news to me. My Burger King sells 'em. I don't mind them but they over-mustard their hamburgers.

I don't travel to the US much, so I have limited experience. However, whenever I asked for a simple hamburger (one bun, one piece of meat, some mustard, some ketchup, and exactly two slices of pickle) in the US or on post, they've never failed to ask what I was talking about...
KWill
Cartoon Hero

Postby Noise Monkey on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:23 am

It's that second pickle. You're just not going to a fancy enough joint.

Also, I didn't see Hillary cry. I don't feel that this has changed my life in any way.
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee

Postby Yeahduff on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:33 am

Christ. She didn't even weep. Fucking tabloid rags.

KWill wrote:
rkolter wrote:That's news to me. My Burger King sells 'em. I don't mind them but they over-mustard their hamburgers.

I don't travel to the US much, so I have limited experience. However, whenever I asked for a simple hamburger (one bun, one piece of meat, some mustard, some ketchup, and exactly two slices of pickle) in the US or on post, they've never failed to ask what I was talking about...

"What is this 'hamburger' you speak of?"
Yeahduff

Postby Garneta on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:40 am

KWill wrote:I don't travel to the US much, so I have limited experience. However, whenever I asked for a simple hamburger (one bun, one piece of meat, some mustard, some ketchup, and exactly two slices of pickle) in the US or on post, they've never failed to ask what I was talking about...

That's because they make burgers different in every single place. I always have to get mine special ordered...and what's with this two pickle nonsense anyway? McDonalds does that. TWO measly little pickles? Grr, Don't be so stingy with them!
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Noise Monkey on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:43 am

Those are pickles? I thought a slug had crawled on my burger and died under the heat lamp!
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee

Postby Yeahduff on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:46 am

Garneta wrote:
KWill wrote:I don't travel to the US much, so I have limited experience. However, whenever I asked for a simple hamburger (one bun, one piece of meat, some mustard, some ketchup, and exactly two slices of pickle) in the US or on post, they've never failed to ask what I was talking about...

That's because they make burgers different in every single place. I always have to get mine special ordered...and what's with this two pickle nonsense anyway? McDonalds does that. TWO measly little pickles? Grr, Don't be so stingy with them!

Here. Have mine.

Man, now I want some Portillo's.
Yeahduff

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:48 am

Portillo's makes my ass greasy. Let's go.
TheSuburbanLetdown

PreviousNext

Return to Archives