Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Re: Alter Egos 11: The Way I Are.

Postby Jesusabdullah on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:53 pm

I agree with Robby, to a point. I mean, it's somewhat comparable to any other mild-to-medium grade drug. It might feel like, "yeah, that's living," but that doesn't really mean that standing outside breathing in smoke is objectively a good way to spend ones time. Similarly with getting drunk, stoned, or whatever.
Jesusabdullah
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:04 pm

[headdesk] O.K. I get it. I shouldn't have gone all bitchy about ciggarettes. I'm sorry. Really. I've been sticking my foot in my mouth lately, and this is just me breaking down a bit. Sorry to bother all of you :oops: [/headdesk]
Dr Legostar wrote:
Nanda wrote:I can only imagine what you're going through. Moms are a whole different thing...

She's doing okay, and luckily my mom-in-law didn't have anything in her lymph nodes so it looks like she won't have to deal with chemo.

Can I still talk about cancer, though? My mom is going through chemo again since a resurgence in her cancer, and we've also started this new diet which supposedly helps prevent cancer. It's alot of Asian cuisine, rice and boiled meats, boiled veggies and fruits, some new spices, as well as the complete removal of almost all non-organic foods from the house. Mom is also starting a series of acupuncture treatments. Go, alternative methods of cancer prevention/elimination!
Still waiting to see whether any of this will actually help, but I have a good feeling about it.
Sending my thoughts to your parents and friends, Lego and Nanda.
Dreamaniac
Has a thing for bandannas...
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby Joel Fagin on Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:49 pm

Killbert-Robby wrote:Yeah, and to smokers, it is enjoyable.

I've never heard anyone say it was fun. Calms your nerves, yes. Addictive, absolutly. Something for your hands to do, sure. Cool looking? Maybe. Not fun, though.

I'm not arguing about smoking here, mind. I just thought the "it's living" point was weak.

- Joel Fagin
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)

Postby Risky on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:14 pm

I think Cancer falls into the livejournal thread's territory, or even its own thread, but not really so much in the post a picture of yourself thread. But what do I know, I am a Cancer.

I get really peeved by the whole "who cares about your mid 90s anyway" crap, though. Srsly. If you aren't one of the lucky "invincible" smokers, pieces start falling off of you at 30, if not before. And if you die from smoking at 89, odds are your sixties - eighties weren't anywhere near as livable as they would have been. Sex with gold-diggers? No, eating through a tube.</unfounded diatribe>
~Scott
Image Image
Risky

Postby McDuffies on Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:24 am

Dreamaniaccomic wrote: O.K. I get it. I shouldn't have gone all bitchy about ciggarettes. I'm sorry. Really. I've been sticking my foot in my mouth lately, and this is just me breaking down a bit. Sorry to bother all of you :oops:

Not being a smoker I didn't care, but it did bother me a lot when earlier you did the same thing when I was talking about coffee. Dude, I'm twelve years older than you and made my life choices long ago. I know what's bad for me, and if I'm still doing it, that's my business and noone else's.

Joel Fagin wrote:

I've never heard anyone say it was fun. Calms your nerves, yes. Addictive, absolutly. Something for your hands to do, sure. Cool looking? Maybe. Not fun, though.
I'm not arguing about smoking here, mind. I just thought the "it's living" point was weak.

I don't know, to me it's an extremely weak point to base your arguements on the fact that noone to your knowledge described smoking as "fun". I've heard it being described as "enjoyable", "tasty", "making me feel good..." I'm not a smoker, but I sometimes tend to do things that are enjoyable, tasty and making me feel good even though they're not exactly good for me and even though they're not exactly a prime time entertainment.
Human experience is subjective. No non-smoker can understand what smokers are finding in it. Well duh! If they did, they wouldn't be freaking non-smokers!
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Killbert-Robby on Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:08 am

Never posting a picture with a cigarette in my mouth ever again
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby Prettysenshi on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:05 am

Killbert-Robby wrote:Never posting a picture with a cigarette in my mouth ever again

I think this thread needs more pictures, you?

My friend took me by surprise and tried to take my picture! Awkward smiles time!
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Postby Phact0rri on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:53 am

Joel Fagin wrote:

- Joel Fagin

People 'enjoy' smoking. most every smoker you talk to will say yes they enjoy it. So maybe its not like dancing in a 'club' fun. or whatever, but its enjoyable for many reasons. I personally like to take a break from drawing or writing sime music or what ever, and have a cigarette. Ponder on where things are going, and just think about things. I've tried to do it without a cigarette and it doesn't really give off the same satisfaction.

Like wise being out with some friends and stepping outside the pub smoking and talking to one another... thats nice to. Sure it might not be everyone's idea of fun... just like drinking a pint is not everyones idea of fun. But its is an enjoyment... and most smokers will agree.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Dotty on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:03 am

Killbert-Robby wrote:Never posting a picture with a cigarette in my mouth ever again

Seriously. Holy shit soapbox. :/
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Dotty
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:06 am

If someone doesn't post a picture of himself sticking a needle in his vein now, that will be a big letdown.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Phact0rri on Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:54 am

McDuffies wrote:If someone doesn't post a picture of himself sticking a needle in his vein now, that will be a big letdown.

<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby [AlmightyPyro] on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:30 am

Dotty wrote:

Seriously. Holy shit soapbox. :/

Yeah, totally depressing topic.
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero

Postby Risky on Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:21 pm

Phact0rri wrote:
McDuffies wrote:If someone doesn't post a picture of himself sticking a needle in his vein now, that will be a big letdown.

Scorpions exist?
~Scott
Image Image
Risky

Postby CaptainClaude on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:54 pm

ha!
CaptainClaude
Witty British President

Postby BrownEyedCat on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:29 pm

Is it weird that I am more disturbed that someone would choose to get a scorpion tattooed on his pec than I am that he'd be injecting a needle into his arm? Even if that needle contained heroin?

Previously Catrine until my account crashed.
BrownEyedCat
Cartoon Hero

Postby LibertyCabbage on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:26 pm

BrownEyedCat wrote:Is it weird that I am more disturbed that someone would choose to get a scorpion tattooed on his pec than I am that he'd be injecting a needle into his arm? Even if that needle contained heroin?

Maybe he gets off on shooting up scorpion venom.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dreamaniaccomic on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:59 pm

Prettysenshi wrote:

I think this thread needs more pictures, you?

My friend took me by surprise and tried to take my picture! Awkward smiles time!

I think you have a very natural and good-looking smile.
But that might just be me.
Dreamaniac
Has a thing for bandannas...
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero

Postby Prettysenshi on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:47 pm

Why thank yous! I try.

Well, not really. Believe it or not, it took me years to be comfortable enough with myself to express my happiness. I think my smiles are a testament to that.
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Postby McDuffies on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:43 am

BrownEyedCat wrote:Is it weird that I am more disturbed that someone would choose to get a scorpion tattooed on his pec than I am that he'd be injecting a needle into his arm? Even if that needle contained heroin?

Nipples are too sensitive to be tatooed over.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Mvmarcz on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:21 am

A friend had a costume birthday party. I dressed up like a little kid at bed time(I had a stuffed toy and painted on freckles and such). We played SingStar all night, twas awesome! This is from me singing "I want to know what love is"

intense
NJ: "You know the drill, you're AWESOME!"
I am the artist formerly known as M2
Mvmarcz
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Archives