Revenge of the unhappy thread.

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby Killbert-Robby on Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:19 am

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:Just put the bottle down.

Oh I have. Like 10 times. Who would've thunk the infomercials were right? Haha. Anyway as long as I dont get drunk its not a big deal really...
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:42 am

RemusShepherd wrote:I have a tic. In my eyelid. It's twitching, all day.

Either I have an eye infection, or I'm finally turning into one of those cartoon characters who twitches all the time.

more than likely a pinched nerve, that kind of thing happens to me all the time, it goes away.
-D. M. Jeftinija Ph.D.
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Sketchywallflowr on Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:43 am

I relaized the other day that I'm working 2 jobs, about 9 hours a day and feeling exhausted pretty much all the time not to accomplish anything, but to sustain life as it is- exhausting and expensive.

Hardly even fucking worth it.
Need me to kill someone? I'm a hired assasin in my spare time.
Sketchywallflowr
Regular Poster

Postby Demonuncle on Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:57 am

I recently totalled my mom's car.
Failed my license test for the second time.
Mom stole my car and I'll probably never be able to afford another.
My stove blew up, so we've had no stove for a while now.
Biggest TV in the house burned out.
No money to pay the mortgage.
Barely able to pay for electricity.
Blew my chance at getting the jobs I wanted. I've never had a job.
My vacation is almost over and I've gotten nothing done.
I have a ton of make-up work to do for all my classes.
Mid-term exams start the week I return. Accepting failure with a smile.
My favorite pants don't fit me anymore-
...I'll shut up now...
Demonuncle

Postby Rusty Knight on Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:17 am

...all I have is a tooth giving me hell and a missed dental appointment which means I'll be carrying it around for several more weeks...
ImageImageImage
My amazing avatar is by Black Sparrow
"Rusty Knight. A charitable heart who has spared the forum the untold horror that is his webcomic." ~ Yeahduff
Rusty Knight
Regular Poster

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:30 am

legostargalactica wrote:
RemusShepherd wrote:I have a tic. In my eyelid. It's twitching, all day.

Either I have an eye infection, or I'm finally turning into one of those cartoon characters who twitches all the time.

more than likely a pinched nerve, that kind of thing happens to me all the time, it goes away.
Oh god, I get that when I'm sleep deprived. There was a period in which it was happening for several weeks, so I cut back my update schedule to sleep more, and it went away.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby LibertyCabbage on Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:48 am

Yeah, I get that twitch when I'm really tired, too. Other than that, though, I can say that things seem to be going pretty well at the moment. Also, *hugs DU*
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:11 pm

the twitch happens to me when I concentrate on sight to long. usually if I'm at a computer to long, reading a whole day, or artwork.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Rkolter on Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:13 pm

phactorri wrote:the twitch happens to me when I concentrate on sight to long. usually if I'm at a computer to long, reading a whole day, or artwork.

I get it for this reason, or if I get dehydrated, or if I get an eye infection. Left eye only. My right eye has never done it, and I think, secretly laughs at my left eye for being a pansy.

demonuncle wrote:I recently totalled my mom's car.

If these happened in this order, you have nothing to complain about.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Demonuncle on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:40 pm

rkolter wrote:

Complaining? I was just mentioning unhappy things that have happened to me. :-? Thought that was the point here. No offense, but others here are "complaining" over far sillier crap. Eye twitch? Toothache? C'mon.
Demonuncle

I'm joking alright? Really! Look at my eyes... ...never

Postby Rusty Knight on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:46 pm

demonuncle wrote:
rkolter wrote:

Complaining? I was just mentioning unhappy things that have happened to me. :-? Thought that was the point here. No offense, but others here are "complaining" over far sillier crap. Eye twitch? Toothache? C'mon.
May you have all the unhappiness you deride! :P :) :shifty: :)
ImageImageImage
My amazing avatar is by Black Sparrow
"Rusty Knight. A charitable heart who has spared the forum the untold horror that is his webcomic." ~ Yeahduff
Rusty Knight
Regular Poster

Re: I'm joking alright? Really! Look at my eyes... ...never

Postby Demonuncle on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:53 pm

Rusty Knight wrote:
demonuncle wrote:
rkolter wrote:

May you have all the unhappiness you deride! :P :) :shifty: :)

Thank you.....
Demonuncle

Postby Dr Neo Lao on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:26 pm

I don't have anything to complain about, yet I'm still miserable...
Dr Neo Lao
Cartoon Hero

Postby Garneta on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:31 pm

If anyone thinks that a toothache isn't a legitimate reason for complaint, then they've never had one...toothaches can be pretty fucking horrible.

-No health insurance, and we both need dental work done.
Only one car, and two of us with different job hours.
Behind on bills, and that sucks ass (but at least we're not overdrawn at the bank like we were last year!)
Want a cat, but can't have one here...but all those things have been going on for years now, so I'm pretty well used to them.

-I'm sore from wiping down every single leaf on every single plastic plant in the theatre lobby yesterday. They hadn't been dusted in years, so they were pretty bad. Tomorrow I get to continue with the leaves on all the trees. And there are a lot of trees. But oh well, it's better than sitting at home having to be on unemployment.

-I was a little upset last night because nobody on chat remembered it was my first day of work and asked about it. And yes, I know that's really the stupidest, most pointless thing ever to get upset about.

But hey, if those last two things are really the biggest things that I've been upset about lately, then things must actually be going pretty damn well for once!

Edit: Oh yeah, someone mentioned not getting any fanart while ago...I've never gotten any that I didn't ask for. Plus, I'm kinda worried that my forum request won't get noticed by tomorrow, and I wanted to have it by Monday)
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Grabmygoblin on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:47 pm

I just came back from an open house for the graduate program I'm hoping to get into. I'm pretty sure I'll get into it, but I'm still worried enough to spend an hour chatting people up.

anyway, I am not a sociable person. I don't know why, I just have trouble "mingling" even among friends, and it's worse when I'm with strangers. I generally end my nights by panicking and going for the nearest exit at the earliest possible moment, and of course that's how I ended this evening.

it wasn't just my social retardation that was a problem tonight, though. I think I need more personal space than most people. every person in that room I had a conversation with stood within an armslength. my back is killing me now because every time I subtley took a step back whoever I was speaking to took a step forward and I ended up bending awkwardly to pull my upper body slightly back.

what worries me is tonight I suffered from the same damn problem I've always had. I know I'm attractive, I know I am at least fairly interesting and can add a unique prespective to a conversation... but it's so hard for me to socialize. I want to meet new people, but am terrified every time I go out to try. I have fewer and fewer close friends as the years pass as people I know move away and I do not meet anyone new. I'm lonely and wish I had a partner, but I just do not see myself allowing anyone to get that close. potentially I could be alone the rest of my life because just I cannot have a simple conversation with someone new.
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby Demonuncle on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:52 pm

Kat North wrote:If anyone thinks that a toothache isn't a legitimate reason for complaint, then they've never had one...toothaches can be pretty fucking horrible.

I always have toothaches and, yes, they are horrible. I still don't see how a toothache is worse than having no car though, probably because my toothaches are so constant, they're not as big a problem for me. Besides, just because you have worse problems, doesn't mean mine are easy for me to deal with.
Demonuncle

Postby Grabmygoblin on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:56 pm

sput wrote:For the past two months something has been wrong.

I'm sick at least once a week and constantly lethargic, irritable, and all i want to do is sleep and it's the last thing i can do.

i am failing classes, which was tolerable till the parents found out. now it's painful and they think i'm a liar, a slacker, a terrible student and all i want to do is go home and sleep. it got to the point where yesterday i pretty much sobbed all night while studying. tears all over my text book. only thing that kept me together was bean.

my art has stagnated and looks horrible. simplistic and there's 0 improvement.

i have constant headaches which is a new development. they're horrible mostly cus i've never HAD any before now. it feels like vices around my head.

emotionally you feel ok? depression can sneak up on you real fast, and it could either make you very very sleepy or give you insomnia. don't be shy about talking to a doctor about it.
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby BrownEyedCat on Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:54 pm

grabmygoblin wrote: anyway, I am not a sociable person. I don't know why, I just have trouble "mingling" even among friends, and it's worse when I'm with strangers. I generally end my nights by panicking and going for the nearest exit at the earliest possible moment, and of course that's how I ended this evening.

I know exactly how you feel, Goblin. I'm finally done with finals and instead of being happy and relieved, I'm worrying about whether or not my final group members liked me and if I should have gone to the philosophy-student based party the other night, even though I know I would've stood around awkwardly, failed to maintain a conversation with anybody, had to explain to everyone that I don't drink, and left feeling like a terrible person who alienated everyone.

Previously Catrine until my account crashed.
BrownEyedCat
Cartoon Hero

Postby MixedMyth on Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:04 pm

BrownEyedCat wrote:
grabmygoblin wrote: anyway, I am not a sociable person. I don't know why, I just have trouble "mingling" even among friends, and it's worse when I'm with strangers. I generally end my nights by panicking and going for the nearest exit at the earliest possible moment, and of course that's how I ended this evening.

I know exactly how you feel, Goblin. I'm finally done with finals and instead of being happy and relieved, I'm worrying about whether or not my final group members liked me and if I should have gone to the philosophy-student based party the other night, even though I know I would've stood around awkwardly, failed to maintain a conversation with anybody, had to explain to everyone that I don't drink, and left feeling like a terrible person who alienated everyone.

Yes, same here. I've often wondered if I suffer from some degree of social anxiety, but I'm not entirely sure what to do about. Particularly since my health plan ends in a bit. Tried checking in with the student counseling thing here, but they just gave me a grad student.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby Kirb on Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:08 pm

These pretzels... are making me thirsty.
ImageImage
Image Best Compliment: MrBob: "Kirb may suck, but at least he isn't annoying."
Kirb
A BUSINESSSS MAAAAAAAAANNNNNN

PreviousNext

Return to Archives