Revenge of the unhappy thread.

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Post by Garneta »

I'm unhappy because I really needed to talk to someone at work today, and it turns out that he had the day off. Plus, someone else really pissed me off at work today, so now I need to talk to him even more! :P
Image Image Image

TRI
Cartoon Hero

Post by TRI »

Yesterday I finally went and bought some moderately-overpriced rhubarb to make my annual rhubarb pie. (Not one of those strawberry infested things, a real rhubarb pie.) I used the good flour, and the good sugar, and had everything just right when... the oven refused to light.

For about two hours.

Then it finally lit and preheated and I assembled the pie, popped it in the oven and... it went out after ten minutes.

Spent the rest of the day trying to relight the @#$% thing.

Now I have a soggy half-baked rhubarb pie in my refrigerator.

I am so talking to my landlord about this.
ImageImageImage
"Yeah, that's the bridge pier (expletive). I thought it was the center. Oh (expletive)." ~ From the transcript of the recording device on board the ship which struck the San Franciso Bay Bridge last year, causing a 50,000 gallon oil spill.

Linkara
Cartoon Hero
Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Post by Linkara »

It's four in the morning. I have a test tomorrow at 10:20, and I've got two viruses infected thousands of files on my computer and I'm staying up to make sure I quarantine, clean, and delete everything before I go to bed. =(

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~

Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Post by Sput »

It's seven thirty am, I am back in school for seven weeks straight, I am still failing three classes and I went to bed at four.

ARG.
lazy sput is lazy.

Jesusabdullah
Cartoon Hero

Post by Jesusabdullah »

Despite going to bed at 12:30, I didn't fall asleep until some time past 3:00 (getting like 3 hrs sleep) because I kept thinking about some girl I don't even really know, and how I want to talk to her but I only see her in the one class that we share. :( It's kind of weirding me out because that sort of thing doesn't happen to me normally, like, at all (my thoughts, not the fact that they were keeping me up). On top of that, I feel like I can't really tell anyone that matters, and I haven't really been able to do anything about it either.

---

Good luck with your classes Sput. :/ I'd offer advice, but I don't have any.

As far as computer woes go Link, sometimes it's just best to turn the computer off and come back to it later.

Robbie
Regular Poster

Post by Robbie »

Today's Red Sox game. I waited five months for that.

Spriteville
Regular Poster

Post by Spriteville »

Robbie wrote:Today's Red Sox game. I waited five months for that.
Ah the Red Sox. I like it better when we lose a lot. The state's more stable.

Tim
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tim »

Spriteville wrote:
Robbie wrote:Today's Red Sox game. I waited five months for that.
Ah the Red Sox. I like it better when we lose a lot. The state's more stable.
I think someone forgot to tell the Sox that spring training was over.
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!

Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ekolter »

I'm sick. I came home last night, took meds and woke up today. Can't afford to miss work since I don't get paid next week while we're on break.

Then I trying like mad to return calls for j-o-b leans. Bitch since I can only call before work when nobody is open, during my near non-exsistance lunch break, and after work when everyone is pretty much closed for the day.

ARGH!

Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Post by Garneta »

I just feel a bit down today...don't know if it's 'cause of work stuff, or if it's just me getting depressed for no reason like I tend to do sometimes.
Image Image Image

Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Post by Rkolter »

I am having a heck of a time getting anything DONE at work, and it's frustrating the frust out of me.

We've got a birthday this evening for a friend, and she's always doing nice stuff for us on the holidays and our birthdays so we really should do something nice for her, and we're going to, but it's only two days until we have to be ready for Florida and dammit I don't wanna go to some chinese restaurant or game tonight. Don't. WANNA.

Actually, now I feel better... :)
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Post by Laemkral »

2 essays, military ball, FTX, test, working baseball games, Reserves, studying, prep for LDAC

I can do this...I can DO THIS.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.

TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

I am filled with hate.

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:I am filled with hate.
It's not hate. It's chocolate pudding. You are filled with chocolate pudding.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.

Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Post by Killbert-Robby »

rkolter wrote:
I can think of other things he'd be filled with, but you'll all get angry at me and call me mean names.

TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

rkolter wrote:
We're both right. Sort of

Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Post by Garneta »

I'm a bit uneasy because I have three days off work starting tomorrow...and since I've been there for every single show so far (and my boss has been off the past 4 days) I'm getting a little bit too much of an ego, and thinking, "They can't do it without me!" :P
Image Image Image

Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Post by Vorticus »

I'm on the edge of my seat because things happening towards the end of this week could end up being super good or super bad and I'm stressing about them even though I shouldn't.

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

Just the typical "Everything has to go asses-up just before you go on vacation requiring you to rip your hair out (what's left of it anyway) and do a lot of stuff you shouldn't have to do, just to get out without feeling that when you come back the whole place will have collapsed in your absence."

Top that with, "Beth hates her job and calls to leave messages about how much she hates her job that I get to listen to in between people telling me that I'm neglecting my job for oh-my-fucking-god taking a vacation."

And add a slice of "Everyone I need to work with today has either left for the day or not come in today for some reason, meanwhile people are adding work to my workload so THEY don't have to do extra work in my absence next week."

Mix, chill, and serve.
Image Image ImageImage

Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ekolter »

rkolter wrote: Top that with, "Beth hates her job and calls to leave messages about how much she hates her job that I get to listen to in between people telling me that I'm neglecting my job for oh-my-fucking-god taking a vacation."

Mix, chill, and serve.
Hate is a strong word. Very fucking frustrated is more accurate. I call Ryan to vent so I don't loose it at work. Last thing I need is to go off at work. Thank goodness tomorrow is the last day of work before vacation.

Also call backs are hit and miss. Not easy to call back a person and set up an interview when you realistically get 10 minutes for lunch despite it supppose to be 30. Joys of being at work 11 hours a day (drive time included)