Revenge of the unhappy thread.

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby Eve Z. on Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:18 pm

I will hate uncaringmachine for now on.... ok, at least for a while.

I regret I haven't been born an English speaker.
...what goes around, comes around.
Eve Z.
Dead Humanoid Walking

Postby Vorticus on Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:35 pm

What were you born speaking, if you don't mind my asking?
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby Garneta on Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:41 pm

I thought I'd missed the wedding today because we couldn't find the place, but when we got home we got a call saying that they'd put it off anyway.

Either way, we wasted money that we couldn't afford going down to Arkansas. Also, as it stands right now, we can't afford to go to the cookout. :cry:
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Biev on Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:43 pm

This has been the shittiest week. My only close friend down here announced that she had emphysema and possibly cancer. The following day another person I like (who is 68) announced that he has terminal cancer and wrote to say goodbye. Then the following day, my friend who is sick called to tell me that she's moving away. Then the next day my husband learned that a high school friend of his just died from an overdose. And today I get this email from my oldest friend back home, one of the people I love most in the world: "Just letting you know that my dad passed away on Thursday. -C"

Now I feel awful, I should be with her but I'm one country away. What do I do, what do I say? I want to call her but I'll cry and it will make her cry and that will never end. Do I fly to Canada to be with her?

Sooo yeah I don't think I'm in the mood to update my website today. I hope no one will make a fuss about it. I also have the biggest headache and neck ache I have had in my life, and wish someone would just knock me out with a brick.
Biev
Regular Poster

Postby Sput on Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:44 pm

I missed a mock AP euro exam and an AP bio study session.

blarg.
lazy sput is lazy.
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Postby Eve Z. on Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:54 pm

Vorticus wrote:What were you born speaking, if you don't mind my asking?

When I was born, I think I was crying and screaming like every baby does. Mom sez I was healthy. :)
...what goes around, comes around.
Eve Z.
Dead Humanoid Walking

Postby Vorticus on Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:25 pm

Eve Z. wrote:
Vorticus wrote:What were you born speaking, if you don't mind my asking?

When I was born, I think I was crying and screaming like every baby does. Mom sez I was healthy. :)

:lol: Excellent, you have a sense of humor. That will come in handy around here. To be more precise, what was your first language?
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby Ekolter on Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:23 pm

The job I was very hopeful for, the one that paid over twice what I made last year, didn't pan out...yet. I did the testing. I passed everything but the typing test. I need 40 keystokes a minute to pass. I had 35.

On the other hand, I've been doing well at my present job. So that's a blessing. Just a few more weeks of probation. Still nervous as hell.
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Postby Killbert-Robby on Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:01 am

I'm just suddenly very very down.
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby Prettysenshi on Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:27 am

Killbert-Robby wrote:I'm just suddenly very very down.

I feel like that at least 4 times a day. Randomly. What you need to do is distract yourself from the blue, ya know? Eat something sweet (one thing, not too much) or go exercising. Talk with friends. Do stuff that will release happy energy (endocrines) so that you won't feel down so much. It works with me.
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Postby Americangothic on Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:49 am

this kinda goes with the happy thread-- I talked to three of my very close friends yesterday...and that makes me really happy...the sad thing is that they all live far away. One is in Oklahoma, one lives in Europe and the other used to live in Europe with me, but now she lives about two hours away. Lisa, the last one, invited me to a Greek cookout, but I can't go because I have other things to do today and I can't do the 4-5 hours of drive time.

It makes me sad that my closest companions all live so far from me.
Americangothic
Regular Poster

Postby Rkolter on Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:22 am

Kat North wrote:I thought I'd missed the wedding today because we couldn't find the place, but when we got home we got a call saying that they'd put it off anyway.

I'd kill them. I really would. Who the hell puts off a wedding and doesn't notify people?

Kat North wrote:Either way, we wasted money that we couldn't afford going down to Arkansas. Also, as it stands right now, we can't afford to go to the cookout. :cry:

You have until May 20th. :(
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby MixedMyth on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:20 am

The best laid plans of mice and men, as they say... :(

I've been planning to move to Madison at the end of the summer. Had a roommate and an apartment lined up and everything. Now he AIMs me and says that he may actually move out of town and he'll know within two weeks, which leaves me in total disarray. :cry:
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby Garneta on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:07 pm

Billys funeral was today...it sucks that it's only 6 years after my class has graduated, and one of us is already gone. Very sad, very uncomfortable. I hadn't been back to that town (save once, to stop for gas) since graduation, and it was SO weird...I actually got all shaky and faint when we turned toward the school (which they'd changed completely...didn't even recognize it as the same place I'd spent 13 years).

I realized that I'd done a pretty damn successful job of putting that school behind me, too. Didn't even recognize some of the people at first, and had a bit of a time with a couple of the names (We had a pretty small class, too, and most of us have known each other since we were 5 or so).

Then when I get home, Jim doesn't even ask me about it. He's been in one of his 'moods' the past two days anyway, and I can't even begin to describe how much that frustrates me. I'd like him to feel better, for one thing. And I'd like him to actually open up to me, for another. He just seems to sink down into himself, and when he does talk, it's not in his normal voice; it's a really quiet, kinda low, monotone...don't like it at all.

:(
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Prettysenshi on Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:41 pm

I got a C in anthropology. I'm officially emo this week.
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Postby Tellurider on Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:43 am

My unhappiness is really lame.

I've been marathoning all of the Buffy series and yesterday I finally finished it, and I cried really really hard at the end because my favorite character ever is no more because the show is over and I can't watch any more episodes because there aren't any.

It's like finishing a really awesome book and wishing it could just go on forever, even though you stayed up all night to finish it because you couldn't bear to drag it out.

I feel empty.
updates Thursdays
Tellurider
Cartoon Hero

Postby Vorticus on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 am

I have a tough decision to make that potentially affects a lot of people and the decision that's best for the most people isn't necessarily going to be any good for me.
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby Killbert-Robby on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:20 am

I can't shake my crappy mood, and for once I actually WANT to get away and leave everything behind. Fresh start and all.
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby Garneta on Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:17 am

Still depressed about all the same stuff. Don't want to go to work today; I'd rather just get in the car, pick a direction, and drive until I couldn't go any farther.
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Rkolter on Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:53 am

Y'all need to perk up. Don't make me bring out the Happiness Pump.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter

PreviousNext

Return to Archives