Revenge of the unhappy thread.

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby Laemkral on Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:33 pm

jesusabdullah wrote:My cousin's vehicle got hit with a roadside bomb in Iraq. Luckily, he's safe, with "only" a concussion. It was a hella close call though, they only survived because the bomb didn't completely detonate. Thank God.

Jesus, though! The War has officially hit close to home for me now.

I'm very glad to hear he's safe.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:58 am

Vorticus wrote:
Kat North wrote:Ooh...another place! So does this mean that Vort and Kolter are fighting over me now? :wink:

Yes! XD If you want to know about the other joys of living up here I can enlighten you.

Hey Kat, one of the joys of living in Minnesota is a five month long winter, temperatures regularly in the negative farenheight before windchill, and snow drifts three feet high.

Buy a snowshovel. Oh, and get a candle and a coffee can - it's a survival tactic for when you're in your car and the snowplows completely bury it.

Or, come to St. Louis. :)
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Garneta on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:48 pm

rkolter wrote:
Vorticus wrote:
Kat North wrote:Ooh...another place! So does this mean that Vort and Kolter are fighting over me now? :wink:

Yes! XD If you want to know about the other joys of living up here I can enlighten you.

Hey Kat, one of the joys of living in Minnesota is a five month long winter, temperatures regularly in the negative farenheight before windchill, and snow drifts three feet high.

Buy a snowshovel. Oh, and get a candle and a coffee can - it's a survival tactic for when you're in your car and the snowplows completely bury it.

Or, come to St. Louis. :)

Why tell me more, oh great and wise Kolter.
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Pimpette on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:05 pm

im drunk (which is normally happy) but my bestest friend since highschool is moving away forever and now im all sad :(
i told him he better come down to visit me once in a while or else ill hunt him down and throw rocks at his house

he says its okay so long as i wrap pictures of naked girls around the rocks
i said okay but he;ll owe me for printer ink

pimp is sad-ish
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero

Postby Grabmygoblin on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:10 pm

aww poor pimpette. I've been getting that funk lately too with all my friends graduating and moving to other schools or careers elsewhere.
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:08 pm

sick
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Ekolter on Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:46 am

Playing phone tag with someone for the awhile. Hope I get the job after all this. I just hope to find something good and well paying. Bright light is I got an interview on Friday for a job that starts Monday.

Also next paycheck is gonna hurt. I don't get paid for spring break cause it's "you get paid when you work" kinda job. So my paycheck is going to be 1/2 of what it should be. :(

Just in a general funk. Wish things were brighter. Lately it's been work, come home, eat, sleep. Repeat daily.
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero

Postby Icedude on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:03 am

My scanner died, I think. It doesnt even try to power up when the computer turns on :(

Really annoying as it was on the exact same day that my tablet arrived, so I was going to get to work continuing (well, starting) my comic, but I'm either going have to see if it fixes itself somehow, buy a new one (can't afford to at the moment), or try to draw with my tablet alone D:

AND my hayfever seems to be kicking in again :x
Icedude

Postby Rock_dash on Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:54 am

I'm tired and depressed, my coat is covered in glass shards and I didn't have a chance to wash it, and I just feel like a fuckup in general.
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Garneta on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:41 am

The other night I spent probably about two and a half hours on my cell phone...I don't know how many minutes I have because I share a plan with my mom and she pays for it...but if I went over, then I'm gonna have to pay...And I'm thinking that 2.5 hours probably did a pretty good job of going over.

Besides for that I still owe her money from going down to Mississippi last year, from a rent that we couldn't pay two years ago, and from the new Harry Potter book that she ordered for me. And if I'm only getting 20 hours a week at work, how the hell am I even gonna start saving up for the cookout, let alone all that?! :P
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:45 am

i learned last night that on wednesday morning there was a car accident near a local highschool involving several students. Two of them were kids I know from dancing. One died and the other is still in critical condition.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Garneta on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:17 pm

(This first paragraph copied over from the happy thread.) On my lunch break I got two phone messages. One was really bad, the other really good. If they'd happened independently I'd have been in an extreme mood one way or the other, but since they happened all at once, they kinda cancel each other out, and I'm in a sorta neutral mood.

The bad part goes in this thread. Found out that a guy I went to school with, kindergarten through 12th grade graduation, died on Saturday in Iraq.
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Dracomax on Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:20 pm

I have aproximately 6.5 hours to research and write 8 pages on Laszlo Moholy-Nagy.

also, chance for sleep is .5%
ImageImageImage
You and TRI are the crazy mad ones.~Cope
Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day; set a man on fire, keep him warm for life.~unknown
Dracomax
Cartoon Hero

Postby KarenB on Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:58 am

I didn't get admitted to the school I was hoping for, and now I have to wait a year until I can attend again. :(
"A ninja funeral is the saddest thing. Everyone wears black." - AskANinja

"I think yelling should be reserved for only the most critical of situations; like when someone drinks milk out of the carton!" - Simmons, Red vs. Blue
KarenB
Regular Poster

Postby Magpye on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:06 am

My job is shit. My colleagues suck, my clients suck, my bosses are even being total knob-ends today.

Is this what you get when you work as hard as you can and don't complain about people offloading their work onto you?
Magpye
Regular Poster

Postby Killbert-Robby on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:00 am

grabmygoblin wrote:aww poor pimpette. I've been getting that funk lately too with all my friends graduating and moving to other schools or careers elsewhere.

Same. I have exactly... 62 days left here, before I piss off. I never really thought about it... but it seems so close. All next month is exams... then June 20th its the graduation ceremony... then I'm gone a week after. I'm seriously shitting myself, I mean for example Holland is home, but Malta is what I know, I've lived here since I was 2 and a half, I'm pretty much leaving my whole life behind. Especially because all my friends are friends of friends, I'm about as socially awkward as you get, and I need to find replacements soon. Robby is fuxxored.

That and I'm feeling fuck-up-ish. A lotta crap has been happening lately. Party went to shit when everyone got pissed off and yelly at eachother. Mum was crying yesterday, wouldn't tell me why, felt shit as I held her. Friend died of a heroin overdose. So on. Gah I'm losing it, I need to find some prozac.
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:10 am

Beth and I are kind of in the same Friends boat.

We have lots and lots of friends. But they're all farspread. Here in Missouri we have a couple friends we get together with weekly but they work night shift so it's not a spontaneous thing. All our other Missouri friends are all over Missouri.

*sigh*
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter

Postby McDuffies on Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:42 am

I got a lot of friends who moved away, been hanging around with top students too much, I guess, so many of them continued their education or found jobs abroad. Kind of sad, really, it's all because this country couldn't offer them decent living.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Garneta on Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:56 am

I think my boss has me set to work on Saturday (the day of my brother-in-laws wedding). Which means I'll have to go in to work today, on my day off, to fix that. :P
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Prettysenshi on Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:58 am

School's ending in a few days, and although I'll have tons of free time, I won't see my boyfriend and many of my friends for two whole months. :(
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

PreviousNext

Return to Archives