Revenge of the unhappy thread.

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby Garneta on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:56 am

I've decided that it's time to get out of this town once and for all, which is a shame because I really like it here...it'd be a great place to live if I were rich...but for now it's keeping me on the poor/broke side of things, and I'm sick of it.

However, I have NO IDEA where I want to move to, and even if I did, it's probably gonna take years to save up enough money to move. :(
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby MixedMyth on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:58 am

Madison, Wisconsin! :D That's where I'm headed! It's an awesome town. Lots of stuff to do, lots of options....lots of gamers...
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby Rkolter on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:09 am

Kat North wrote:I've decided that it's time to get out of this town once and for all, which is a shame because I really like it here...it'd be a great place to live if I were rich...but for now it's keeping me on the poor/broke side of things, and I'm sick of it.

However, I have NO IDEA where I want to move to, and even if I did, it's probably gonna take years to save up enough money to move. :(

You and Jim need to move to St. Louis of course!

We're here! US! And we're neat-o people! I won't even poke Jim with Uranium unless you say it's ok. :shifty:
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Mason on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:13 am

I refrained from posting this here until now but I thought I may as well share my moment of unluck.

Last Thursday after seeing off a friend at the bus station I started to walk away, and no more than fifteen seconds later I hear a women behind me yell some obscenities near to the bus my friend had gotten onto. I turned around to see what exactly the matter was still walking in the same direction from which I turned.

It seemed a mother complete with baby and pram had just missed the same bus my friend had gotten onto. There was nothing I could do about it, so I merely said to myself out loud: "how unlucky."

I then proceeded to turn around and walk into crotch-level bollard.
Mason
Regular Poster

Re: Food poisoning?

Postby Dr Legostar on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:20 am

MixedMyth wrote:
Fading Aura wrote:
MixedMyth wrote:I just went through the One Night Flu. I had stomach pains, sore muscles, a fever and chills...the whole nine yards. It was horrible. Yet I feel more or less fine today, which is actually VERY good as there are two classes that I reeeeally have to be at. Still, I wonder what that was?

Could it have been food poisoning? :-?

I was wondering that. It may have been. But do fevers often accompany food poisoning? And muscle aches? I've only had food poisoning once before and that was more of the oh-god-my-stomach-is-rebelling sort of deal. Nevertheless, I'm not going to try that imitation crab again. If anything's to blame, it's that.

if it had been food poisoning it's doubtful it would have been gone in 24 hours.

also if the symptoms set in around six hours after you ate something suspicious it's probably food poisoning.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Rkolter on Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:21 am

Did you manage to squeak out "how ironic..." before collapsing into a fetal position cupping your wounded manhood?
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Mason on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:07 am

rkolter wrote:Did you manage to squeak out "how ironic..." before collapsing into a fetal position cupping your wounded manhood?

With one hand I steadied myself on the nearest object, which just happened to be the offending bollard, as my legs failed me for a moment. With my free hand I cupped my manhood saying nothing witty, but simply: "oh, shite," in a hushed tone.
Mason
Regular Poster

Postby Col on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:17 am

Virginia Tech... :(
Col
Cartoon Villain

Postby MixedMyth on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:24 am

legostargalactica wrote:
MixedMyth wrote:
Fading Aura wrote:
MixedMyth wrote:I just went through the One Night Flu. I had stomach pains, sore muscles, a fever and chills...the whole nine yards. It was horrible. Yet I feel more or less fine today, which is actually VERY good as there are two classes that I reeeeally have to be at. Still, I wonder what that was?

I was wondering that. It may have been. But do fevers often accompany food poisoning? And muscle aches? I've only had food poisoning once before and that was more of the oh-god-my-stomach-is-rebelling sort of deal. Nevertheless, I'm not going to try that imitation crab again. If anything's to blame, it's that.

if it had been food poisoning it's doubtful it would have been gone in 24 hours.

also if the symptoms set in around six hours after you ate something suspicious it's probably food poisoning.

Let's see....if it was food poisoning, it was probably the imitation lobster. I'd had some the night before and woke up with a slight stomach ache. I thought maybe I'd caught a bug from one of my teammates in one of my classes, who had been sick the week before. I proceeded to have some more imitation lobster. Stomache ache got worse shortly after, so I ran out to get some Tums. I began to feel a little feverish and achey on the way back. By that evening I was VERY feverish and VERY achey and had unbelievable chills, particularly once I went to bed. Had bad chills despite the three layers of blankets and down comforter. Fever began to break around 2 am, at which point I took some Benadryl (which I ought to have done way before hand). Eventually drifted off to sleep.

Woke up the next morning feeling mostly fine, although my stomach still feels slightly upsetable and I have no appatite to speak of. But no fever or aching.

I also considered allergies, but it doesn't sound like any kind of allergy I've heard of. Then again, I don't really have any so I wouldn't know
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby Dracomax on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:55 pm

i just stabbed myself in the side with an xacto knife.
ImageImageImage
You and TRI are the crazy mad ones.~Cope
Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day; set a man on fire, keep him warm for life.~unknown
Dracomax
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:15 pm

MixedMyth wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:
MixedMyth wrote:
Fading Aura wrote:

Let's see....if it was food poisoning, it was probably the imitation lobster. I'd had some the night before and woke up with a slight stomach ache. I thought maybe I'd caught a bug from one of my teammates in one of my classes, who had been sick the week before. I proceeded to have some more imitation lobster. Stomache ache got worse shortly after, so I ran out to get some Tums. I began to feel a little feverish and achey on the way back. By that evening I was VERY feverish and VERY achey and had unbelievable chills, particularly once I went to bed. Had bad chills despite the three layers of blankets and down comforter. Fever began to break around 2 am, at which point I took some Benadryl (which I ought to have done way before hand). Eventually drifted off to sleep.

Woke up the next morning feeling mostly fine, although my stomach still feels slightly upsetable and I have no appatite to speak of. But no fever or aching.

I also considered allergies, but it doesn't sound like any kind of allergy I've heard of. Then again, I don't really have any so I wouldn't know

sounds like a flu, if it'd been food poisoning your "slight stomach ache" would have been full on sprinting to the bathroom.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Garneta on Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:02 pm

rkolter wrote:You and Jim need to move to St. Louis of course!

We're here! US! And we're neat-o people! I won't even poke Jim with Uranium unless you say it's ok. :shifty:

Hmm...what kind of full time live theatres are there in St. Louis? Do you have a repretory theatre? If so, I may actually consider it.
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Rkolter on Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:21 am

Kat North wrote:

Hmm...what kind of full time live theatres are there in St. Louis? Do you have a repretory theatre? If so, I may actually consider it.

You'd have to look it up; honestly while I like live theater, I'm not such a patron that I'd know what we have.

We do have them though! And from what I recall, we have quite a number of them.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Mon Ami on Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:03 am

I have an exam in 3 hours that I have done NO studying for. If I fail it I cannot take the course that I truly want next year, and I NEED to get a 40% to pass. Lord help me remove the procrastinating stupidity from my head T__T:
Mon Ami
Cartoon Hero

Postby Vorticus on Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:53 pm

Kat North wrote:

We have a few theaters up here in the Twin Cities
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby Garneta on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:01 pm

Ooh...another place! So does this mean that Vort and Kolter are fighting over me now? :wink:
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Vorticus on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:12 pm

Kat North wrote:Ooh...another place! So does this mean that Vort and Kolter are fighting over me now? :wink:

Yes! XD If you want to know about the other joys of living up here I can enlighten you.
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:58 pm

I can't get anything done, because all I can think about is Virginia Tech.
Last edited by TheSuburbanLetdown on Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Jesusabdullah on Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:11 pm

My cousin's vehicle got hit with a roadside bomb in Iraq. Luckily, he's safe, with "only" a concussion. It was a hella close call though, they only survived because the bomb didn't completely detonate. Thank God.

Jesus, though! The War has officially hit close to home for me now.
Jesusabdullah
Cartoon Hero

Postby BrownEyedCat on Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:25 pm

My dog is sick, and is in the vetrinary hospital.

My grandmother is sick, and is in the human hospital. She's probably dying, and my grandfather, her husband, his going through a swath of life-threatening things as well. It's like a morbid race.

My other grandmother is having worsening memory problems, and is losing her grip as well. She lasted longer of the two, and is deteriorating more slowly . . . which is its own set of miseries.

Also, all sorts of small petty things are nagging at me: It was my friend's birthday last month, and I only got him a present recently, and need to wait for the second half to come in the mail before I can give it to him - I feel like a bad friend. I am generally sore and tired from moving tables and chairs, and from taking my first PE class in years.

And . . . dammit, my dog looks at me with puppy eyes and shakes involuntarily and I can't do anything.

Previously Catrine until my account crashed.
BrownEyedCat
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Archives