ComicGenesis Forum ArenaBattle version 2.0! *COMPLETE*

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby SergeXIII on Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:13 pm

Aya, been away from the web for a while. Looks like XIII is doin' pretty well. These last battles shall rawk.

Anyway, Pheonix Wright: and Justice for All hit the U.S. today, but not the shelves (at least where I live) until tomorrow, so I'll be working off the frustration with some arena comics.
SergeXIII
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:01 am

Round 3 - Series 2: Noir (AOD - 0/1) vs. Net (0/1)

AOD, the mentally adept, powerful two dimensional animation of a comic panel frame battles Net, the magical Naga. Two combatants it's fun to announce, and the fans love. Noir is known to be weak to magical attacks, and our Naga is known to be powerful. This may be short and bloody. Or it would be bloody, had Noir any blood to speak of.

1 - Net proves our point by striking first with a deadly volley of magical missiles! The missiles chop Noir to pieces! (13 damage). Noir's pieces begin to float off the ground, reassembling into a lance.

2 - Noir launches an attack - Launching itself as a lance towards the Naga! Net responds by summoning a wall of spinning knives to protect himself! With a loud *BZZZZZ* shredding sound, The Noir-lance is turned into black confetti. (12 damage). The confetti floats to the ground. The crowd cheers!

Winner: Net! Net glows and gains a stat point.

Loser: Noir. An Ogre maid - a manly ogre dressed in a french maid costume, comes afield and vacuums up Noir, then empties Noir into a waste bin. Noir reforms in the bin, and returns to the field to take a bow to the applause of the audience, before exiting.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Netpoet on Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:53 am

*blinks* did I miss it? Wow... that was fast. :p

*goes to update the wiki*

>Net
Netpoet
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:56 am

boy i haven't checked this in a while. Good to see that one of my apprentice's is still in the running. Do me proud sparrow.

Also have fun molesting audiobabe.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby Netpoet on Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:05 am

Wiki updated and corrected (grudge matches)
Netpoet
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:40 am

Should I be adding the artwork I've done for this to the wiki myself, or does net do that?
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Netpoet on Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:43 am

Nanda wrote:Should I be adding the artwork I've done for this to the wiki myself, or does net do that?

I have no qualms with people adding artwork to it, go for it. :D

*looks guilty* I keep forgetting to add the artwork people are doing for this on the wiki.
Netpoet
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:24 am

Okie-dokey. Wiki updated. I also added Serge's second drawing, between GMG & Aeridus, and American Gothic's "Why Vampires don't attend arena sports."
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:48 am

Round 3 - Series 2: Unitzoid (Fading aura - 1/0) vs. Candylady (Cookie - 0/1)

Well, this battle should be interesting. Both our combatants are weak towards the other! Unitzoid is our resident hydro-mage, while CandyLady is the scary mental clown with the eyes of the void. This should be brief and bloody!

1 - Unitzoid draws forth water from his pack, forms a spike of ice, and launches it directly into Candylady's left eye socket! The shaft pierces through the back of her skull! (13 damage)

2 - While Candylady tries to pull the ice spike out, Unitzoid draws forth more water, creates a second spike, and launches it through her other eye! (14 damage). Candylady collapses.

Winner: Unitzoid! Unitzoid glows and gains a stat point.

Loser: Candylady. Three Ogre stylists run out, get the ice out of Crazylady's eye sockets, set her hair, fix the holes in the back of her head, fix her makeup, and as a final touch, bring her back to life. The crowd cheers as a very pretty looking Candylady stalks off the arena floor.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Netpoet on Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:06 am

Ouch, Mo's lost three in a row. :(
Netpoet
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:21 am

netpoet wrote:Ouch, Mo's lost three in a row. :(

That's the breaks. It's in no way personal, and I'm sure Mo knows that. Sometimes the dice just don't like you; that battle (and most, in fact) could have gone the other way. I have to script to the dice.

(by the way, I use Cookie instead of Mo only because that's the way the name the compeition started with and I wanted continuity throughout the competition so if someone reads it much later they don't go 'huh-wha?')
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Mo on Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:40 am

rkolter wrote:

That's the breaks. It's in no way personal, and I'm sure Mo knows that.

Ohh, this is about the thing I said about you and fishnet stockings, isn't it?! :x
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby Rkolter on Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:54 am

Mo wrote:
rkolter wrote:

Ohh, this is about the thing I said about you and fishnet stockings, isn't it?! :x

Not at all.

*throws Linkara at Mo and runs for his life*
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Rkolter on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:16 pm

Round 3 - Series 2: Bean (834n 1/0) vs. Serge (1/0)

Here's a turn of events - another battle in which both parties are weak to the other's attacks. And one of those parties is our undefeated combatant, Bean! Bean is the physical adept at martial arts. Serge is our well known technical sword master with the blades that cause pain without damage.

1 - Bean swings forward with his quarterstaff to quickly brain Serge, but Serge blocks the attack with the hilts of his swords!

2 - Serge then shoves one of his swords forward, through the staff and into Bean's chest! Bean grimaces and it's only due to his fortitude that he doesn't scream in pain (11 damage). He plants his fist firmly into Serge's chest, hitting his ribcage hard enough to force Serge back! (14 damage)

3 - Serge glowers, a bruise forming on his chest. Bean shakes off the pain of his own injuries and moves forward!

4 - Serge makes a deft lunge with his two swords, hoping to catch Bean during his move, but Bean sidesteps Serge and kicks him square in the jaw! The kick sends Serge flipping backwards where he lands on his face, out cold. (14 damage)

Winner: Bean. Bean glows, is healed, and gains a stat point.

Loser: Serge. The ugliest, manliest ogre you've ever seen walks on field, led by a sorcerer ogre. The sorcerer casts a spell and the ugly ogre turns into a beautiful, barely dressed elf lady. The *ahem* lady helps Serge to his feet, kisses him tenderly to make his wounds fade, and leads him off stage. The sorcerer winks and dismisses the spell.

There's an anguished scream from off the arena floor and the crowd laughs uproariously!
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby [AOD] on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:20 pm

Man. Wellp, that's it for Noir! I am proud that it lasted this far through the competition! And good luck to Net!

8-) : "Phew. Just one more battle! This was fun, but I'll be happy to get back to work, boss."

You did a bang-up job, Noir. I'm proud of you!

8-) : "Aww, thanks!"

!~AOD

PS: I'm sad that Noir never got to fight Candylady, though. Maybe if she agrees, we could have a grudge match?
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero

Postby Melodies on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:23 pm

[AOD] wrote:Man. Wellp, that's it for Noir! I am proud that it lasted this far through the competition! And good luck to Net!

8-) : "Phew. Just one more battle! This was fun, but I'll be happy to get back to work, boss."

You did a bang-up job, Noir. I'm proud of you!

8-) : "Aww, thanks!"

!~AOD

PS: I'm sad that Noir never got to fight Candylady, though. Maybe if she agrees, we could have a grudge match?

Dammit, stop talkin to yourself!!!!

*smacks fervently*
Melodies
Regular Poster

Postby [AOD] on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:25 pm

Noir! Stab him!

8-) : "Nyah-heh, sure thing boss! Nobody gets away with trash-talking the bossman!"

Noir stabs melodies, then knocks melodies's yellow crown, which goes tumbling down the hill.

Yeah! That'll teach him to mock me!

@~AOD

[AOD]
Cartoon Hero

Postby Melodies on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:27 pm

[AOD] wrote:Noir! Stab him!

8-) : "Nyah-heh, sure thing boss! Nobody gets away with trash-talking the bossman!"

Noir stabs melodies, then knocks melodies's yellow crown, which goes tumbling down the hill.

Yeah! That'll teach him to mock me!

@~AOD

*whips up a dirt crown, to proud to chase after actual* I'LL GO AFTER IT LATER, I CHALLENGE THEE TO A WUSS OFF!!!!
*lunges at aod*
Melodies
Regular Poster

Postby [AOD] on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:31 pm

Wha? Me?! I didn't do anything! I'm a skinny lil' guy with glasses -- you wouldn't hurt a guy with glasses, would you? *cringe*

8-) : "Bossman, I'll protect you! I need you to be alive to continue drawing me!"

Noir turns into a solid black panel, against which melodies bumps. It contorts like a trampoline, bouncing melodies two metres backwards.

Now, do you want to settle this peaceably, or do we have to take this to the ARENA?

?!~AOD

[AOD]
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mo on Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:34 pm

rkolter wrote:
Mo wrote:
rkolter wrote:

Not at all.

*throws Linkara at Mo and runs for his life*

What's this? My mind tells me to chase you, but my instincts tell me to hurt Linkara!

I'll get you someday, rkolter... Someday.
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

PreviousNext

Return to Archives