Paint Community - Round 1

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby Nanda on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:00 pm

To do list:

<strike>- Expand the pond
- Stock pond with fish
- Build a reading room with a glass ceiling under the pond
- Excavated the dinosaur bones
- Build a workshop to reassemble them in
- Make a kite :D
- Fix elevator
- Make bed into a CANOPY bed
- watch bird eggs hatch
- put a skylight in the breakfast nook</strike>
- Reassemble T-rex bones and sell to museum
- Call home planet and see how mom's doing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:14 pm

The museum is (mostly) finished.
So it's not much to look at, but at least it's a place to put stuff.

Anyone have anything to sell?
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:23 pm

I fould a bird egg on my roof from the weird round vultures that I'm going to call "Rockyoptrix". How much ya give me?
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:32 pm

I'm going to have to see it to decide.

Here is my land:

A huge flower grew in my front yard. Some of Nanda's fertilizer may have gotten over there. I'm thinking of selling the flower to the museum. It's an easy way to clear some space and make some extra points. I could also sell the skeleton in my basement... because I didn't kill the guy.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:44 pm

Before I do, lemme get something straight. Do you continue giving us points for things on our land, or is that only when we start?
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby JTorch on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:44 pm

So are we cutting out our own images now? If so, here's what I just bought.

And I changed this to show that I have 0 points.

Also, I'd be willing to sell any of the following to the museum
-A windmill (Lot 6)
-Satellite thingy (Lot6)
-Crappy little ufo (Lot 11)
-Stupid little mailbox (Lot 11)
-Drowned skeleton (Lot 4)
-The dumb-looking turtle (Lot6)

Let me know if any of those are worth anything, and how much :)

EDIT:
stinkywigfiddle wrote:I'm thinking of selling the flower to the museum. It's an easy way to clear some space and make some extra points.

So we don't get to keep what we sell to the museum? What's stopping someone from just building a new one that's exactly the same, if that's the case?
Last edited by JTorch on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There's a Civilization on my Fork - Updates Sometimes
JTorch
Regular Poster

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:45 pm

I'm still giving you points for things you build. That's a main part of the game.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby KittyKatBlack on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:45 pm

So... uh... I don't get to play? :(
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:50 pm

JTorch wrote:So are we cutting out our own images now? If so, here's what I just bought.

Yes, you're doing fine.

Let's take a look at what you got.

-A windmill (Lot 6) - We might be able to make room for a windmill. I'll give you 5 points for it.

-Satellite thingy (Lot6) - 3 Points.
-Crappy little ufo (Lot 11) - 2 points
-Stupid little mailbox (Lot 11) - There's no place for a mailbox in a museum, sorry.
-Drowned skeleton (Lot 4) 5 points.

I'll just copy those items, paste them into the museum, and give you the points. After that you should delete those items from your land.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Linkara on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:50 pm

Of course you get to play, KKB! I was wondering if you had any advice on some custom furniture for my empty rooms. ^^ I pay with points!

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:51 pm

KittyKatBlack wrote:So... uh... I don't get to play? :(

Of course you do. You have land on the far right of world 2. And you have 9 points!

Oh sorry. Your furniture business got lost in the rush.
Last edited by Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby KittyKatBlack on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:51 pm

Then why is my lot still empty on the main picture? And I didn't get any points at all...
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain

Postby Zwuh on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:52 pm

I'd like to buy all the land between Blackaby and I. That's about 24 pixels if I calculated correctly...

Project Diary: Day #3

After a few unsuccessful tests of placing structures under the floating island I've decided to scrap it for now. I used the excess material to add another ground dome, but I still haven't decided what to fill them with.

A large, freakish looking jellyfish has been hanging around the domes, so I am converting a nearby well into a jellyfish laser missle defense system. I call it Gary.

Blackaby dropped by to stare at me. She said my rocketpack was stupid, but Sputnik thought it was "omgwtfawesome" so there.

I could use a cookie.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one" -George Bernard Shaw

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you." -George Carlin
Zwuh
Purple Man

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:53 pm

KittyKatBlack wrote:Then why is my lot still empty on the main picture? And I didn't get any points at all...

Did you refresh?

Looks like it's about time to put the main world images on a webpage. There I could also put up adds for anyone selling stuff.
Last edited by Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby JTorch on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:53 pm

stinkywigfiddle wrote:-A windmill (Lot 6) - 5 points
-Satellite thingy (Lot6) - 3 Points.
-Crappy little ufo (Lot 11) - 2 points
-Drowned skeleton (Lot 4) 5 points.

Woohoo, I'll sell all that crap, delete them now, and then make new stuff when I have time later.
JTorch
Regular Poster

Postby JTorch on Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:09 am

Here's my new lots with items sold. I also went ahead and tacked on the points I made after I sold the things.

I'll refill them with new junk later :D
JTorch
Regular Poster

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:14 am

Seeing how I gave myself more work to do again with all this buying and building for the museum, it might would be easier on me if everyone changed their own points. Like JTorch did.
Except for the points you get for building stuff. Unless I could just post it here and then you can change it on your image.

Or perhaps I should keep up with the points in something seperate from the images.

This is all going to lead to chaos, isn't it? :-?
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:15 am

8-23-06: Dear Mother, do you remember me telling you about those strange birds? Well, the other day, I got up on the roof to start painting, and do you know what I found? The biggest bird's egg I've ever seen! It was yellow with green speckles. I thought that the new museum might pay good points to have it. The downside is that...well...my ladder sort of fell down while I was on the roof...I had to wait for one of the neighbors to come by and give me a hand.
Last edited by Rock_dash on Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby JTorch on Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:19 am

stinkywigfiddle wrote:This is all going to lead to chaos, isn't it? :-?

You could just ask everyone to kindly stop posting - or lock the thread (with a "Temporarily Closed" notice) - until you can figure out an easier way of doing everything. If you pause it for a couple hours it would give you time to move all the points to a seperate chart without them having changed by the time you're finished. Then all you would have to do is add points to the person's name on the chart based on whatever you've given them for new creations and for museum contributions, or taken away for purchasing land and new plots.

EDIT: Oh yeah, don't forget to add the Paint Community Museum to the first post :)
JTorch
Regular Poster

Postby Rkolter on Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:29 am

Three things of interest:

MUSEUM

Stinky - there's a problem with selling stuff to the museum - people already get points for making the stuff once. Then they get huge points for selling it to the museum. This also makes it unlikely people will sell things to each other - for example, I'd have gotten way more points selling the flying tree to a museum. ;)

I think museum things should be charitable donations - for when you want to change something, but not delete what you've made thus far.

That said, unless you change your mind, lemme in on that action! I'll sell cuttings from my bird tree and the mutated creeper vines to the museum. They make wonderful landscaping. I'm pretty sure the bird tree will actually grow birds, of a fashion. :D

POINTS?
Also, my image updated, but I didn't get any points for the things done since last time?

SPENDING

25 pixels (5 points) to my left please, towards KKB. That should just give me ownership of that tree.

15 pixels (3 points) to my right please, towards the ocean - that should get me shortly past the shore.

I'll update those. That puts me at 0 points again before any for the last update, sales to the museum, etcetera.

I have plans... oh have I plans.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rkolter on Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

PreviousNext

Return to Archives