Paint Community - Round 1

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby CJBurgandy on Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:09 pm

ooo I see. K, Thanks. I'm going to buy the land between Kisai and myself then :D
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Rkolter on Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:12 pm

stinkywigfiddle wrote:Kolter: Can I buy your tree? How much for it now?

Most assuredly Stinky. I'd be happy to sell it to you.

One point for the flying, non-mutated tree. :D

Stinky wrote:Maybe I should let everyone be in charge of cutting out their own land, whenever you buy more, and when there is more free land. Everyone would still give me cut out images of their land.

I think that you could make people be in charge of cutting out the land they buy (like we do now) and just say that you have to declare your purchases on the forum (so you know it's been done and so other folks don't try to buy the same piece of land).

New free land, you could do the same way so long as people stopped pm'ing you about it and used the thread, with first come, first served.

Don't forget, if you plan to let peoples' land go fallow if they don't update, then you have to also keep track of 'last time someone updated'.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Linkara on Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:23 pm

Stinky, how much for the land to the right of my property? Or is that land currently owned?

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:30 pm

Linkara wrote:Stinky, how much for the land to the right of my property? Or is that land currently owned?

The land between yours and JTorch's is a point for ever five pixels.

However. I was thinking of dividing up smaller secions of land between the current properties and put a price on each section.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:50 pm

You said to refresh if the updated world maps don't look different, but I did and the desert region is still unpopulated.
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Cat42 on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:02 pm

ackthpppt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Someday, someday I'll finish Confabulation. That day is not today, however.
Read my textual nonsense! » My weekly updated animation thread! « Watch my visual nonsense!
Cat42
Emo

Postby Rkolter on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:03 pm

It's been a while my friend, so I thought it was time I wrote again.

The fires in my new land have been put out finally. They took long enough - there had been an undiscovered pocket of natural gas down there... when it burned out, the whole land slumped even further. This seems to be a good thing.

I've roofed over the pit, you may have noted. I had to pay the contractors extra to do it all in one night - to all the world, it looks like I filled in the pit. Good.

That bridge incidentally, is based on an old design - the material is strong enough to hold while the whole bridge is weighted down on either side by deep steel roots. Think of a bottle cap, except a lot bigger. While I was at it, I finished my escape path. It doesn't lead to anywhere yet, but it will soon.

Oh, I may have a buyer for that blasted tree. It keeps floating around... oh well, in the picture I'm relaxing in it's shade. It was a pretty awful day.

Those damn creepers I planted are mutating into underwater vines and at the same time, trees. I'm not sure what to do with them, or with the huge bird-tree that keeps growing. Nothing's actually hatched... sprouted... whatever from it yet.

The creepers actually started to burrow into the dirt under near the bottom of the lake. I couldn't have that - I had the lake dredged. Those creepers are sturdy suckers - they're holding up their own root ball at this point. But they can't get through the hardened shell of my lair.

Even more bad horticulture news - I had to down those pussywillows when they went into heat - can you believe the neighbors complained? Thought I was a "crazy cat lady". I'm not even human. While I was at it, I dumped dirt for a new berm behind the retaining wall, now that I have another piece of that public land.

Speaking of which, I picked up that intervening piece between my two lands. I've got a plan dear friend, but I will have to wait to tell you about it for another letter.

Oh, and I made a couple robots. I know, I know, you prefer zombies. But robots don't mutate the way zombies do, and I don't need another Igor-come-Dragon floating around calling my lair it's own. I've got one in the water looking for new mutations and watching the toxic flow, and one in the lab to control the pressure on the toxic and radiological containment vessel.

Thank you for the housewarming sign - I know it was a gag, but I kind of like it! Whoops, gotta go - the contractors are here again.

rkolter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Linkara on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:07 pm

stinkywigfiddle wrote:
Linkara wrote:Stinky, how much for the land to the right of my property? Or is that land currently owned?

However. I was thinking of dividing up smaller secions of land between the current properties and put a price on each section.

Well, for those of us who do not wish to count out every single pixel, how many pixels are there between my property and JTorch's? ^^;;

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby Rkolter on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:08 pm

stinkywigfiddle wrote:

I like it the way it is imho - it allows you to buy "islands" of land for a cheap price, but makes you save up to link them. It makes it a challenge. You do have a couple really big public properties that might be better broken up tho. Your call.

Linkara wrote:Well, for those of us who do not wish to count out every single pixel, how many pixels are there between my property and JTorch's? ^^;;

Oh crud man, just count 'em. Don't make Stinky do it for you because you're lazy. He's already running the whole kit-n-kaboodle. Open the world image and select the area, then check the width of the selection.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:45 pm

Sorry Kolter, I didn't see that the tree wasn't for sale any more. But you said I could buy it... but now you're in the tree. Oh, but I see you said it twice so I'm taking it!
*edit* It just occured to me, maybe that is why you edited your original post about the tree. :-?

rock_dash wrote:You said to refresh if the updated world maps don't look different, but I did and the desert region is still unpopulated.

I don't know. It looks fine to me.
Last edited by Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:52 pm

I wish I could join this... but I'm awfully skimpy on free time. :(
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:54 pm

mcDuffies wrote:I wish I could join this... but I'm awfully skimpy on free time. :(

How about a little piece of land?
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:04 pm

Stinky, can I buy 12 pixels of land? If I counted right, that should split that middle section evenly between Kat and I, assuming she wants to buy the other half.
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:14 pm

Sure Rock.
You now have 6 Points.

By the way, there is now a new bit of land for sale in the main world 1 and 2. Kolter's land is now just #8
I'm going to put a new free land in world 3.
Last edited by Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby JTorch on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:16 pm

Since Linkara still hasn't technically claimed it, I'll buy up all the land to the left of my lot 4. Linkara, if you still want it later you can always buy it off me once I've built something and made some points off of it. It'll probably cost you more than it would have to by straight from Stinky, but we'll work something out when I'm done with it. :wink: I'm so evil.

Edit: Ignore the last edit. I recounted and I was right the first time. This'll leave me with 0 points.
Last edited by JTorch on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a Civilization on my Fork - Updates Sometimes
JTorch
Regular Poster

Postby Rock_dash on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:21 pm

stinkywigfiddle wrote:Sure Rock.
You now have 6 Points.

By the way, there is now a new bit of land for sale in the main world 1 and 2. Kolter's land is now just #8

All right, cool. Um...can I also buy 18 points of the lot between Jess and myself? ^_^;
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:26 pm

rock_dash wrote:
stinkywigfiddle wrote:Sure Rock.
You now have 6 Points.

All right, cool. Um...can I also buy 18 points of the lot between Jess and myself? ^_^;

Well, ok. That will leave you with 2 points.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rock_dash on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:24 pm

8-20-06: Dear Mother, things are going well here. The place is really starting to come together. Grass is beginning to grow, and the bush you send is thriving. Those strange birds I told you about have started flying closer to my house, probably because of the dragon next door. I wish that lady would keep her pet on a leash, but oh well. I'm painting the house right now. It took me forever to decide what color, but I finally settled on while. I'm boring that way, I guess. I came into posession of some points a few days ago, and immediatly used them to expand my property. I know what you're thinking, and yes, I was careful not to be greedy about how much land I bought. It's not a lot of extra space, but you know I never needed much. I'm thinking about planting a garden since the land seems to be so fertile. Well, I'd better get back to work. The house isn't going to paint itself (I wish!). Love, your son.

PS. I flattened out the hill next to my house a little! I know you said you won't come visit until I made some stairs, so I'll get right on that!

Edit: Little Sim Me's Theme
ImageImage
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby CJBurgandy on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:42 pm

The land extention came just in time. Kisai was rather shocked to know that we really needed it. Now for the tour.

Our home contains 3 elevators. The main one leads to the Sewing room, (Which now has a working bathroom attached to it) the Dinning room/Kitchen and the Study, which leads to the other side of the house, having a ladder that goes up to the Master Bedroom, and the new nursery. The large and tall room that the study also goes into is Kisai's master server room.. The ladder also goes to the other elevator, that opens up rather closely to our pool.

Kisai had me take down the "for rent poster" off the tree, as she now feels we may want to build something for the twins later on.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:43 pm

I am going to build a museum soon that any of you can sell stuff to for display :)
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Archives