The Mortician wrote:I know it wasn't but I liked it anyway so I made it part of the lot's story.rkolter wrote:The Mortician wrote:*waits till Misty is done so he can visit Kolter*
If you "visit" me, I will be sad, since I did quite specifically say that the missile thing was not part of my update, but you used it anyway.
stinkywigfiddle wrote:You don't have to do it again. The hand thing can just be for this update. You keep whatever your doing with your land now.
Besides, I did do it before I updated, and you saw it.
rkolter wrote:Thoughts and Ideas - Suggestions for Round 2, based on Round 1:
1) Black territory divider lines belong to nobody and should not be counted as your land, unless you happen to own the land immediately adjcent to either side of the line. If you buy land (for example, 5 pixels), you get 5 pixels of land, and make the black line start at pixel 6. That way changing ownership of land and defining your boundries is easier for everyone.
2) Museum donations should not give points. It favors those people who churn out cool things that they never really planned to make part of their land... alternatively, set a maximum number of points a person can ever be paid at the museum.
3) Quit with the outside influence unless it's agreed on. Don't get me wrong, I like the police and the hand of god, but police aren't interested in freak rainstorms, dragons, radioactive bats, flying robots, giant ebony towers, floating islands, etcetera...?
4) Structure the point scales better - For example, SpunkyNeko's cool ebony tower is at least as cool as Mort's robot, but Spunky got just over half the points Mort got. Mort's robot exists because of the animation I did - he got points for it, but I said the animation wasn't part of the update - it was just for fun, and didn't get points for it (this second one is not a complaint - just pointing out an inconsistency).
5) Limit what we can build.. somehow... creatively... so that things can really be bought and sold. Why buy stuff from someone else when you can just draw it for yourself? Maybe have people tell you in advance what the person buying the land is interested in doing with their spare time? Or watch as people develop and then suggest limits as they become logical.
rkolter wrote:S'cool man - I just have stuff I'd like to try to get done at the glacial pace I've set for that chunk of land. The plants grow every update, the grass greens up every update... stomping it down would make it all but impossible for me to tell my little story before all the land is sold in Round One!
Go stomp my other chunk of land. It's going to have something godawful happen to it, but not for a while yet.
I do not know how to resolve this really. I mean, I don't care for what points I have or what not, it's just meant to be fun, ya know? Don't beat yourself up, Stinky.stinkywigfiddle wrote:This is too much responsibility for me! I fill guilty over not giving certain people enough points...
When I originally made the museum I didn't think of people making stuff just to sell it to the museum. I thought it would be best if they sold stuff they had made for other reasons and then wanted to get rid of. But cool stuff deserves to be saved somewhere. For the most part I pay within 1-10 points for museum stuff.
I thought it made things more interesting. And the hand of god was a fun way to stop you from going out of your territory, into something that isn't suppose to exist.
True, the points scales are mostly arbitrary. Who to say what is cool anyway? However, I think a real giant robot woud be much more complicated than a tower.
Personally, I'd like to not have any points at all. But I didn't think anyone else would like it that way as much.
The Mortician wrote:I do not know how to resolve this really. I mean, I don't care for what points I have or what not, it's just meant to be fun, ya know? Don't beat yourself up, Stinky.stinkywigfiddle wrote:This is too much responsibility for me! I fill guilty over not giving certain people enough points...
Previous ponts: 0
+4 points for the update.
Total: 4 Points.
rkolter wrote:Why do you get the impression I was talking about you in particular? I used you as an example only because you were recent. For example, the very first update Stinky gave someone a point for a single turtle. Can you imagine that happening now?
rkolter wrote:My point is... (snip) ...that an arbitrary system of handing out points based on one person's definition of what is "cool" runs into trouble in the long run and that a better system could be developed that's more even-keeled and saves Stinky from this kind of headache.
rkolter wrote:1) Black territory divider lines belong to nobody and should not be counted as your land, unless you happen to own the land immediately adjcent to either side of the line. If you buy land (for example, 5 pixels), you get 5 pixels of land, and make the black line start at pixel 6. That way changing ownership of land and defining your boundries is easier for everyone.
rkolter wrote:What's in that basket besides apples Nanda? I want to write to my friend about the gift.
rkolter wrote:And your Robot... it's ok if it comes back irradiated, right? Not heavily, just a little?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest