Paint Community - Round 1

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby CJBurgandy on Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:59 am

stinkywigfiddle wrote:Updated!

I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up like this...

*hugs Stinky*
Maybe you should make "update times" and if people don't have they're new build up by the set times, they won't get their points until the next update.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Rock_dash on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:00 am

I thought I had 8 points? How come I've only got 7?
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Rock_dash on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:01 am

cjburgandy wrote:

*hugs Stinky*
Maybe you should make "update times" and if people don't have they're new build up by the set times, they won't get their points until the next update.

Double post, sorry, but I strongly second this.
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Rkolter on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:02 am

I will spend 4 of my points for 20 pixels to the right (into the lake).

There's a boat in my land. I plan to shoo him further right so he's back on public land. You'll have to do that Stinky since we shouldn't change public lands. I was gonna sink him, but I don't have enough points to buy all the acerage under his boat. :twisted:
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Sput on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:07 am

stinky, i claimed 12.1 :0 i was dumb and missed that it was open, but ryan pointed it out to me! should i post anything with it orr? :B
lazy sput is lazy.
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Postby Rkolter on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:08 am

rock_dash wrote:
cjburgandy wrote:

*hugs Stinky*

Double post, sorry, but I strongly second this.

I strongly third this.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:24 am

RA wrote:stinky, i claimed 12.1 :0 i was dumb and missed that it was open, but ryan pointed it out to me! should i post anything with it orr? :B

Yes. You may post something

I want this to keep going without it driving me insane.

What do you think of this idea: once all the existing land is bought, the round will be over and then a new one can begin, with less people playing at a time.

*edit*
The webpage is working!
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby ChibiJess on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:26 am

I fourth it - you're Human - I think... and you deserve a break. Thank you for this really neat and fun thing - but don't let it steam roll you - the update schedule is a really good idea.
ChibiJess
Cartoon Sidekick

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:29 am

How often should this update time be? Every other day?
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby CJBurgandy on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:30 am

What ever works best for Stinky

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy

Postby Sput on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:41 am

what cj said ^____^

edit: something fucked up and my quality died. :u
lazy sput is lazy.
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Postby Rkolter on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:47 am

(rephrased) If it were me, I'd do once a day because I can deal better with several small updates than fewer huge ones. But whatever works for you Stinky - we're playing your game, after all.

Pick a time. Any time you feel good with. Then make us stick to it.

As for ending when the existing land is all bought up - that sounds pretty good. Only so much you can do with so much land. Give us a couple updates after the land is sold so any final building (like, on newly bought land, or projects in progress) can get done?

Then hold onto the final world maps to append to whatever you do next? :D

Oh, and DIBS on getting into the next game!
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Sput on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:54 am

har. did it. >_>

Dear diary,

it appears that there is a burning tree on top of my cavehillthing. It kept trying to talk to me, but I think it gave up. It should burn out soon. There are funny things in my water, and something else in this cave 'sides me. Weird.

RAbbles.
lazy sput is lazy.
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup

Postby Rkolter on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:58 am

Another purchase - I already spent 4 points for 20 pixels to the right - I am spending another 7 points for the remaining 35 pixels to the right, giving me the whole chunk of land up to Plot #9 in the middle of the lake.

I have one point left, and I get to keep the little guy and his boat. I thought I didn't have the points for it, but I was counting not including the first purchase. Stupid math.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:01 pm

Here is the plan.

I will update once a day, after 10:30pm
Anything you post before that time will be put in the main images and new points will be given. Anything after that will go in the next update.

Once all the existing land is bought you will have one last update to change anything and then the game will be over.

The next round will be TWO main world images, plus the museum, with maybe six to eight players.

The old rounds will be saved on my website.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:09 pm

Your schedule seems entirely reasonable Stinky.

I would like to sell the man and the boat (I will spray with quick drying cement to make into a statue), and the flying tree to the Museum. Could you quote me a price, good sir? (I need to know because I'll do something evil and dastardly to the boat guy if I don't sell him and his boat).
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby CJBurgandy on Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:45 pm

a lot has happened with the arrival of the twins. I chopped down one of my willows to feed our fire place and to build their tree fort. I got a little carried away on it though. The first floor, I have made a little eating and nap area. the 2nd floor is a dress-up/costume palor, with a door that leads to the swing sets. The 3rd floor is decked out with toys. The 4th floor is a mini planitrium with a door to go to a deck with a telescope on it. The top floor doesn't have anything in it, I just built it in case I forgot something.

Kisai has been busy. She decided that a giant Dish outside would make the server better serve the computers of paintworld. She also thinks that since there are weeds growing on the new bit of land we bought, that there must be water. She's going to drill.

After the hard day of work, I was a bit thristy and decided that cactus juice would be refreshing. To my surprise, this cactus is empty of juice, but has a rare Cacti Snake inside. Non-poisionious, but it still startled me. I think I'll sell the snake and it's cactus home to the museum.

CJBurgandy

Postby Rock_dash on Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:02 pm

Dear Mother. It's been a strange few days. The birds, which I've taken to calling Rockyoptrix,have laid another egg on my roof, and seem to be intent on hatching this one. I watched them for awhile, but I had to go inside when the weather turned foul. It's really strange...just a small cloud over the neighbor's house, and a big one over mine. But I seem to be getting most of the rain. At least it should be good for the plants. Speaking of, your shrub is producing fruit! I can't tell what kind yet though. I've never seen anything quite like it. I'm feeling a little crowded, and I was thinking about buying the rest of the land between me and the apple lady. I'll discuss it with her first though. Maybe I'll go do that right now. Love, your son.

I still don't know where my extra point went. :-?

If anyone is interested in buying the egg, I'm thinking 2 points sounds fair. It should hatch into a fully grown Rockyoptrix soon.

And Jess, I was thinking about buying the rest of the land between us, but I wanted to check and see if you wanted it first. If not, I'll take the whole thing. :)
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Garneta on Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:21 pm

I still plan on buying that land after I get back from work (on lunch now), and whatever I can on the other side of my property with however many points I have left over. 5 pixels per point, correct?
Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby MoonMistGuardian on Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:43 pm

me me!

since 12.1 is claimed... is the spot after spot 16 avaible? PWEASE? it has some water in it...

thank you! XD
so cold
MoonMistGuardian
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Archives