Tell us something we don't want to know about you.

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby Nyke on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:12 am

cjburgandy wrote:I thought I knew you Nyke... I thought-I-KNEW-YOU!!!
No one knows me. I don't even know me.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.
Nyke
Cartoon Villain

Postby Toxic on Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:14 am

I know how to use a sewing machine.
Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Postby IVstudios on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:02 am

cjburgandy wrote:(Sorry, I'm still upset over being Ripped off by them.)

I knew they were evil, bit I had no idea...

Oh, here's another one about me. I can't get enough green cocktail olives.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Minty fresh fragrance!

Postby Cope on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:05 am

stinkywigfiddle wrote:I just got out of the shower.
I bet you didn't know that.

So, what...you've become a mere wigfiddle now?
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Postby Rkolter on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:09 am

ivstudios wrote:
cjburgandy wrote:(Sorry, I'm still upset over being Ripped off by them.)

I knew they were evil, bit I had no idea...

Oh, here's another one about me. I can't get enough green cocktail olives.

I too am a green olive eater. Love 'em. But I'm not fond of pimentos.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby BrownEyedCat on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:12 am

Let's see, something you don't know about me . . . that's interesting. Hmm.

I have a mole above my lip in the traditional beauty mark spot that I never put on my avatar. Unlike traditional beauty marks, however, this one appeared after I was it in the face with a golf club as a child (by accident, of course). I've also got some scar tissue on that side of my face that makes my smile ever so slightly lopsided.

Incidentally, I learned to tell left from right by which side of my face has the mole/scar tissue in it. I can feel it.

Previously Catrine until my account crashed.
BrownEyedCat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Czar on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:15 am

My mothers grandfather remarried a few years after my grandmother died of cancer, I now have a steph uncle and aunt as well as four step-cousins.
This is in addition to eight or nine (but who's countin') real cousins, one uncles, an aunt, my brother, two older step-sisters, an older step-brother (my mother has remarried after divorcing my father). And that is just my mothers side of the family.
On my dads side, I have an uncle, grandfather (85 years old and not a gray hair on his head) and grandmother, I also have many second cousins, but I never bothered counting. I have many second cousins and more remote relatives on my mothers side of the family though, but it's hard enough to keep track of the closer kin.
My grandmother (mothers side of the family), since deceased, came to Sweden via boat during WW2, escaping the Soviet invasion/occupation of Estonia, and I dearly regret not having asked her to tell her story before she passed. She had the most peculiar accent, coming from having spoken an old dialect of Swedish. The part of Estonia in which she grew up was once part of Sweden... 1600-1700 something... and she grew up in an area where they still spoke an old dialect of Swedish. She never lost the accent. I miss it, it was... comforting.

My last name, which comes from my grandmothers (fathers side) family, is relatively unique, ten or twenty hits on Google, ten different individuals, two of which are my brother and mother.
It is impossible to spell correctly when trying to transcribe it for the first time.
I share my full name with my Grandmothers uncle. My brother shares full name with my grandmothers father. This was unintentional.
I share middle name with our grandfather (fathers side) and my brother with our grandfather (mothers side), however, our respective first names being common in the Swedish language (having been held by several kings, mine being particularly popular), of course they weren't unique in the family.
That we shared first and middle names with the two was a surprise, however (that we share last names was not).

I mentioned I share my first name after kings?
My brothers name (also held by King Erik XIV) means something to the effect of "Sovereign". Erik XIV died by poison in prison after being deposed. Sometimes we wonder if that plan can be reused.
My name means something to the effect of "Humble".
My second name is the Swedish word for "shoulder", if it has any meaning beyond that I don't know.

Anyway... This was not so much things that you didn't know about me as it's stuff you didn't need to know about me. Useless trivia, joy!
Så länge skutan kan gå, så länge hjärtat kan slå, så länge solen den glittrar på böljorna blå...
Czar
Cartoon Hero

Postby Laemkral on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:36 am

I hate anime, in general. I just don't like it with a few minor exceptions like Samurai Jack, Megatokyo, and some other stuff.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Muffo11 on Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:37 am

Something you don't kniw about me... You all prolly don't know anything about me exept that I'm a n00b, lol. uhh okay... I-- I am-- *sigh* I'm not a human.... I'm an Alien who has come to take over you're planet... -.-;

Another this you don't know about me, I think, is I suck at drawing.... ^.^;;
<(*.*<) <(*.*)> (>*.*)>
ALL YOUR KIRBYS ARE BELONG TO US!!!
Muffo11
Regular Poster

Postby Noise Monkey on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:30 pm

uh...I stole a floatation device off the plane I took from France when I went to Egypt. I carried it around for a few days, then pitched it over the fence in front of Abu Simbel after I was told it was probably a federal crime.

Noise Monkey
Smells of pee

Postby Alschroeder on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:48 pm

I met my wife through a Superman comics lettercol, and honeymooned in NYC and met Julie Schwartz and some other DC bigwigs for a special lunch on them.---Al
PS. We celebrated our 25th anniversary this past May.
Last edited by Alschroeder on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com--MINDMISTRESS
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroeder/flickerflame/series.php--Flickerflame</a>
Alschroeder
Regular Poster

Postby Dutch! on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:49 pm

I'm fighting a battle of attrition to gain seven kilos.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Dutch!
Red galah

Postby Muffo11 on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:49 pm

alschroeder wrote:I met my wife through a Superman comics lettercol, and honeymooned in NYC and met Julie Schwartz and some other DC bigwigs for a special lunch on them.---Al

lol
<(*.*<) <(*.*)> (>*.*)>
Muffo11
Regular Poster

Postby Alschroeder on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:54 pm

Muffo11 wrote:
alschroeder wrote:I met my wife through a Superman comics lettercol, and honeymooned in NYC and met Julie Schwartz and some other DC bigwigs for a special lunch on them.---Al

lol

I also used to be a comic letter column letterhack having my letters printed in literally hundreds of comics in the seventies and early eighties, under the name Al Schroeder III, and co-wrote one Superman story with Marty Pasko.
---Al
http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com--MINDMISTRESS
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroeder/flickerflame/series.php--Flickerflame</a>
Alschroeder
Regular Poster

Postby Keffria on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:55 pm

Uhh... Let's see...

1. My family is Mennonite; from the perspective of my mother's side of the family, I'm only a second-generation Canadian, as they come from Russia.
2. I'm around 5'11''; I've been that tall for a while -- I used to be a beanpole, but everyone caught up... Still, whenever I go downstairs in my house, I have to make sure not to have a "spring" in my step, because otherwise, I hit my head on the ceiling, and that's not fun.
3. .... My name is Janine ....
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

Postby Prettysenshi on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:56 pm

alschroeder wrote:
Muffo11 wrote:

lol

I also used to be a comic letter column letterhack having my letters printed in literally hundreds of comics in the seventies and early eighties, under the name Al Schroeder III, and co-wrote one Superman story with Marty Pasko.
---Al

Wow! That's cool. Co-writing one of the classic comics. Neato!! BTW, seventies and eighties!! that's like, 30 years ago! Wow. My parents weren't even in this country yet.
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork

Postby Muffo11 on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:57 pm

Keffria wrote:
2. I'm around 5'11''; I've been that tall for a while -- I used to be a beanpole, but everyone caught up... Still, whenever I go downstairs in my house, I have to make sure not to have a "spring" in my step, because otherwise, I hit my head on the ceiling, and that's not fun.

5'11''?!
Woah! You're SHORT!!!!
Last edited by Muffo11 on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<(*.*<) <(*.*)> (>*.*)>
Muffo11
Regular Poster

Postby Warren on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:58 pm

The only comic books I ever really got into were "Ralph Snart Adventures", "Milk and Cheese", and "The Watchmen".
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby Black Sparrow on Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:59 pm

And my Comicgen forumite trivia fact of the day:

My legs bruise easily. But just my legs. The rest of my body seems fine.
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero

Postby Noise Monkey on Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:01 pm

how does a drow know when they're bruised?
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee

PreviousNext

Return to Archives