Tell us something we don't want to know about you.

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby Rkolter on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:12 am

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:I've eaten out of a garbage can.

Was it your garbage can? Because that isn't nearly as gross.

Did you just find something tasty off the top, or actually digg, come up with some bits of food, and hungrily eaten them?
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:18 am

rkolter wrote:
PeppermintAfterlife wrote:I've eaten out of a garbage can.

Was it your garbage can? Because that isn't nearly as gross.

Did you just find something tasty off the top, or actually digg, come up with some bits of food, and hungrily eaten them?
It was my kitchen garbage can. I had to dig for that pizza crust, and it was worth it. I wouldn't eat out of a public one unless I saw someone throw it out first.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Noise Monkey on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:18 am

I've eaten at the cafeteria here at the U of O, which is LIKE eating out of a garbage can, except it costs you $5 and you have to use a tray.
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:22 am

I also eat gummi bears that I find randomly on the floor. It's a mortal sin to waste a perfectly good gummi bear.

I also used to sniff peoples' shoes and lick the soles.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby CJBurgandy on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:29 am

I have an aunt that was notorius for having kids right before someone else had a kid. My brother was going to be named Timothy Glenn, but my cousin Tim was born 20 hours before he was. My aunt called my mom while she (mom) was in labor to let her know what she named her son. Had my sister been a boy, her name would have been Benjamin, but not only was she female, my cousin Ben was born 3 days before her. My name was going to be Carrie-Ann Jeanette, but my cousin Carrie was born a week before me. That aunt has 12 kids total.

my mother, my sister and I have all broken our left cheekbones. my mom in 1971, me in 1983 and my sister in 1990. My mother fell off a roof onto a brick bath, my sister was smacked in the face with a golf club by my best friend's older brother, and yes, it was an accident. I slipped on a puddle in the bathroom and smacked my face on the toilet which had it's lid up because my brother was the last to use it.

The only other bones I've broken is my left big toe (Dropped a giant set background on it while we were trying to get it off of a fly in the school audi), my right index finger (Neely smashed it with a bokken when we were 60 miles out of the closest town) and my nose (Corky jumpped at me, expecting me to catch him, I bent down too low and he hit my nose with the back of his skull)
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Noise Monkey on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:37 am

my dog does that, but its more of a danger when she hits me too low...
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee

Postby Rkolter on Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:26 am

I have another one that some people know about...

I have a stated goal of eating from every species I can get my hands on. A lot of people think this is a disgusting goal, but hear me out.

I did not say I'd eat every part of every species, nor that I would eat every possible meal available, nor that I'm into manly events of eating animals raw. So tripe, bull testicles, calf heart, live crickets, monkey brain... these are all out. I'm looking for a properly prepared, appetizing (to me) meal here, not a "eat something to make me vomit" fest.

Second, many of the things I have eaten, while not eaten in the US, are in fact eaten elsewhere. I offer up insects as an example - 74% of the world population regularly supplements their diet with insects, or lives in a country where doing so is socially acceptable. That it's "icky" in the US becomes a lot less relevant. Locust cakes are delicious, by the way.

Finally, I'm not really into killing. I don't go out and shoot these things, skin 'em, and eat 'em. I have them prepared for me, usually by someone who has prepared them for a long time.

To that end, I have eaten all of the "Common" animals in the US that I can find someone to serve me. This includes most of the wild animals hunted for food (bears, deer, elk, squirrels, boars, etcetera). I've also eaten some species that are common elsewhere, like Alligator, Crocodile, and Kangaroo. I plan to eat as many mammals as I possibly can, and even hope to visit other countries to get at their common animals.

I've also eaten many of the animals that aren't considered food sources here too. I've had a huge assortment of insects, nematodes (worms), and other creepy crawlers. I've had several "delicacy" species - rattlesnake is delicious, and BBQ mouse-on-a-stick is divine. I've also eaten pet species - cats, dogs, rabbits, horses, and so on.

I've eaten a LOT of fish. And a LOT of insects. I've eaten plenty of mammals and amphibians. I'm not so hot on birds - I've only eaten a few species of bird.

Basically though, If you can make me a meal I would find appetizing that includes an animal I have never eaten, I'll probably eat it.

I always get two questions:

1) What's the tastiest animal you have ever eaten?

Elk. Hands down the tastiest meat I have ever eaten.

Second would be a species of moth whose larva are huge - three inches long and a inch in diameter. Tastes like a marshmellow.

2) Would your list include "human"?

Certainly nobody I knew or liked... :wink:
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter

Postby RemusShepherd on Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:30 am

Hmmn. Along those lines, I don't eat the flesh of any species I've been intimate with.

My goal someday is to become a vegetarian. :)
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero

Postby CJBurgandy on Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:34 am

I think almost everyone who has gone to school in American public schools have had horse at sometime or another... they just don't know it.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Wishmaster on Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:38 am

I'm a WWII history nut and own many books on the subject. Needless to say this made for a few awkward moments, since a few of the girls I have dated were Jewish and they wanted to know why I owned all those books full of Nazi regalia.
ImageImage
Wishmaster
Regular Poster

Postby Nanda on Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:07 am

- Without the aid of my contact lenses, I am legally blind. The last time I went for a check up, the optometrist said "Ok, which line can you read?" I couldn't even see the chart. Nevermind that big "E" at the top, I couldn't find the chart on the wall.

- I've never lived alone, and never with any less than 3 people, for my entire life. Most days I really wish I had. I never get any alone time.

- I don't like to wear shoes. I like to look at shoes, and go shoe shopping like most girls, but I don't like to actually wear them.

- I don't wear pajamas.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:12 am

cjburgandy wrote:I think almost everyone who has gone to school in American public schools have had horse at sometime or another... they just don't know it.

One of my friends tried to convince me that the fact they eat horse in France is disgusting. I just kept asking him, "Why?" Horeses seem perfectly normal and edible. I mean, we eat deer and cows, why not branch out into other ungulates?
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby Noise Monkey on Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:12 am

I think sandals/flip-flops/thongs (whatever) are the most poorly designed pieces of footwear available. My wife is an afficianado, has a ton of them, buys more when ever she gets the chance, and it is guaranteed that unless the dog gets to them, they will die because I end up stepping on them as she walks, hurting her foot and breaking the footwear.
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:15 am

I always wear sandals. Even when it snows.
TheSuburbanLetdown

Postby Toxic on Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:17 am

If I were born a girl, my name would have been Victoria.

I was supposed to have been born on the 4th of July, but I ended up being two weeks late.

Col wrote:I'm 6'5", and my wife is 5'1". We hardly notice..

*Ahem* 6'4
Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Postby Noise Monkey on Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:30 am

I was named after a Cartwright.

(Bonanza!)
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee

Postby Starline on Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:54 pm

Starline is my real name.

I like celebrity gossip.

I LOVE webcomic gossip.

I laugh at "newbs" (because they remind me of how i used to be) and like seeing people burst their bubble.

I'm an optimist.
Starline
Regular Poster

Postby KittyKatBlack on Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:06 pm

I like socks. They're my favorite article of clothing.

Most people would assume this has something to do with a liking of feet. Actually, it's quite the opposite. I like socks because I'm not that fond of feet, so I like to keep them covered whenever possible.

Speaking of which:

http://www.fetishize-me.com/

Dispite what it sounds like, it's fully safe for work, and is basicly just a site that sells socks. Just socks. And some cool ones too. ^_^
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain

Postby DJMayhem on Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:25 pm

I have ADD and I don't take my meds. I just don't trust my doctor.

It helps with the reviewing, though. I just turn my concentration off of schoolwork and do reviews.
You know, i should work on this.
DJMayhem
cor leonis

Postby Czar on Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:03 pm

Toxic wrote:
Czar wrote:My height is ca 183 cm.
My wheight averages at just over 56 kg.
I am underwheight.

183 cm and 58 kg here. I must be fat. Curse you!!!

When I mustered, I wheighed just about 59 kgs.

That put me one tenth of a BMI unit below the minimum BMI for service.
Not that they wouldn't have found an other reason to get rid of me...
Så länge skutan kan gå, så länge hjärtat kan slå, så länge solen den glittrar på böljorna blå...
Czar
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Archives