The stump keen style contest round II

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby LibertyCabbage on Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:45 pm

i'm surprised enough that i did so well. i don't care about winning it =/

i'm also surprised that more people didn't guess. only like 7 ppl guessed while 26 submitted stuff? o_O
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cat42 on Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:47 pm

LibertyCabbage wrote:The 2nd one which I guessed right reminded me of your art style, and also your artistic talented is very limited from what i've seen which rules most of the pics out. I almost guessed you for the other one but I thought it was RA being tricky.

Damn you! I'm gonna have to try harder next time.
Someday, someday I'll finish Confabulation. That day is not today, however.
Read my textual nonsense! » My weekly updated animation thread! « Watch my visual nonsense!
Cat42
Emo

Postby Black Kitty on Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:17 pm

Wow, someone actually got my entry. :D Out of curiousity, what gave it away CJ Burgundy?

I figured that since I had been drawing in one style for the whole war jam, I thought it would be interesting to see what happens if I submitted it in my other style of drawing. I didn't think anyone could actually guess it since I adjusted my style a bit and withheld from posting too much of my art stuff here. I also figured nobody really knows me that well either.

I originally was going to submit this drawing as my entry. I worked on it for a while, showed it to my friend who promptly informed me that that was obviously mine and it was something he could spot a mile away as mine. There was also something wrong with it so I sat there for twenty minutes and quickly whipped something up so I wouldn't miss the deadline.

Anyhow, fun times and it was interesting to see which entry people thought was mine. :D
Black Kitty
Regular Poster

Postby Mercury Hat on Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:59 pm

LibertyCabbage wrote:i'm surprised enough that i did so well. i don't care about winning it =/

i'm also surprised that more people didn't guess. only like 7 ppl guessed while 26 submitted stuff? o_O

I think it's because this time around people had to actually do something to guess. In the first contest I just let people post in the thread :P.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Postby McDuffies on Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:15 pm

Cookie Reinforcement wrote:Hmm... you didn't post my list. Alright, it was very very incomplete due to total lack of time.. and I sent it in a little late... but I'd still like it to be included. So here it goes:

(List made after the list of names was posted.)

1: Cope X
7: Faub
9: Black Kitty
10: LibertyCabbage X
14: RA X
16: Jops X
18: McDuffies X
20: CJ
*25: Me, well duh. ;)
27: CJ
29: Cat42 X
31: Cortland
33: Bob X
34: Bob X (And yes Bob, I DID guess these two before you gave it away in chat. :P)

That makes for 8 correct guesses. I should've completed the list. Grm.
(Could you verify, McDuffies?)

And darn you IV for guessing my entry! I was so hoping to remain unrecognized. :cry:

Yikes! I dreaded I'd forget something. You're the only one who sent guesses via E-mail so I let it out of my sight. Sorry.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Mo on Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:18 pm

mcDuffies wrote:Yikes! I dreaded I'd forget something. You're the only one who sent guesses via E-mail so I let it out of my sight. Sorry.

It's OK.

*is used to being overlooked* :(
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby Cat42 on Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:50 pm

Cookie Reinforcement wrote:*is used to being overlooked*

You might want to try to find out who put the camera in your ceiling light fixture, then.
Read my textual nonsense! » My weekly updated animation thread! « Watch my visual nonsense!
Cat42
Emo

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:52 pm

Arg! Darnit! We were gonna guess IV did 30, but it seemed too obvious! >____<

And also, we would've guessed Bob as 33, but we'd already guessed him twice! >___<

Well, that just teaches ya to go with first instinct, we suppose... unless those first instincts are canniblism. Then, no, you shouldn't.
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby Cat42 on Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:55 pm

MariaAndMichelle wrote:unless those first instincts are canniblism. Then, no, you shouldn't.

You shouldn't judge people with different beliefs than you, like that.
Cat42
Emo

Postby Evil Jamie! on Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:55 pm

mcDuffies wrote:2. Evil jamie
Evil Jamie!
Cartoon Hero

I should've drawn manga or something....

Postby Cope on Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:22 pm

I knew that first one was too obvious.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Postby CJBurgandy on Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:23 pm

Black Kitty wrote:Wow, someone actually got my entry. :D Out of curiousity, what gave it away CJ Burgundy?
:D

Not being familiar with your art style at all, I clicked the links in your signature and started going through all your art sketches. After seeing the unfinish pencil sketches you had up, I figured that one had to be yours.

After seeing the lesbian picture, I knew people were going to guess I did it. I tried to stay away from things you all are used to me drawing, so at first I was trying to draw furries, but they all came out looking like Kisai, so I drew a pony instead. This round was much more difficult than last time. And I loved Bob's last picture. to me, it kind of looked like Warren.

The hardest one to me was Cookie's dinosaur. That was just freaking awesome and the first people who came to mind on who could have drawn it, didn't enter anything into the fray so I was pounding my head on my desk with that one.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Mo on Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:28 pm

cjburgandy wrote:The hardest one to me was Cookie's dinosaur. That was just freaking awesome and the first people who came to mind on who could have drawn it, didn't enter anything into the fray so I was pounding my head on my desk with that one.

Thanks! :D

You know, after I had submitted my entry, at some point Mercury started talking about Jurassic Park in keenchat cause she was watching it right then, and I *so* had to hold myself back from giving away how much I totally love dinosaurs... >_>

DINOS <3
Mo
Cartoon Villain (GTC)

Postby Mercury Hat on Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:34 pm

Dinosaurs are 1000 kinds of awesome and I love that movie.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:35 pm

The third one wasn't so hot. It was funny though.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Blackaby on Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:06 pm

I wrote out lists a few times but don't think I got very many right. :( Never sent them in either. Yeah, I lose at this game.

Hehe, it's funny how many people guessed Veege's as CJ.
LOOK AT BLACKABY HE IS FILLED WITH TEH SCREAMY OMG
guest artists get free puppies
Blackaby
Regale her

Postby CapitanG on Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:31 pm

People guessed I was all kinds of people. I guess the duck was just really deceptive...still, being guessed as War or Evil Jamie was rather flattering.

I did mine right at the deadline, so I forgot to plan anything devious. I just basically changed the shapes of many of the facial features and inked via the pen tool instead of by hand. And, of course, threw in the duck. :D
Gnomes! --Still being updated!
Talent Optional -- Surreality TV--Both on Hiatus
CapitanG
Regular Poster

Postby Sam_Charette on Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:22 am

No one got mine? Woot! :)
Sam_Charette
Regular Poster

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:41 am

I think it's funny someone thought mine was the lesbian one.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Col on Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:36 am

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:I think it's funny someone thought mine was the lesbian one.

I really thought #16 was yours. The facial structure was very similar to how you've drawn people in the past, and I just assumed you had colored it on the computer instead of hand coloring.
Col
Cartoon Villain

PreviousNext

Return to Archives