Moderately funny thing 30cm above knees

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby Steverules on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:25 pm

mcDuffies wrote:
steverules wrote:I like drawing pointy hair cause it's fun and it looks cool. It's more expressive than flat hair. This is like the X-Men. All of us who have pointy hair are hunted and killed like animals. Why, McDuffies, why?

Well, stop drawing pointy hair so it won't be.


Never! Us pointy hairs will unite to keep the world safe from those who discriminate against pointy hairs.
Image
User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm

Postby KittyKatBlack on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:25 pm

Oh. I'm too obscure for this topic. -_-
User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...

Postby Mvmarcz on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:26 pm

chances are that's not where I got it from but that is the song.
Image
NJ: "You know the drill, you're AWESOME!"
I am the artist formerly known as M2
User avatar
Mvmarcz
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 3623
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: Louisiana

Postby KittyKatBlack on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:28 pm

Well, then I'll pretend I didn't admit watching the show as a kid and go back to pretending to care about this argument.

Speaking of which, what were we talking about?
User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...

Postby Mvmarcz on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:29 pm

KittyKatBlack wrote:Well, then I'll pretend I didn't admit watching the show as a kid and go back to pretending to care about this argument.

Speaking of which, what were we talking about?


Oh I watched it

religiously
:D
Image
NJ: "You know the drill, you're AWESOME!"
I am the artist formerly known as M2
User avatar
Mvmarcz
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 3623
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: Louisiana

Postby McDuffies on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:30 pm

Did Beatles have pointy hair? No!

Btw, it's John Lennon solo, his first single, issued just before Beatles were gonna flunk.
User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
 
Posts: 29934
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia

Postby Mimo on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:30 pm

Big eyes are awesome
Mimo
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 9:56 pm

Postby Levi-chan on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:36 pm

Snowball's eyes urge me to do naughty, naughty things.
User avatar
Levi-chan
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:34 pm
Location: THE TOOBS

Postby McDuffies on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:38 pm

mimo wrote:Big eyes are awesome

*Looks at Mimo's avatar*
User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
 
Posts: 29934
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia

Postby Mr.Bob on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:38 pm

Why didnt I see this thread earlier?
I compeletly agree with everything mcduffies says! All you pointy hair people ought to stop trying to be like anime because the technique is lame and tired and hazardous to other characters' eyes! Put aside your anime upbringing and try to reach for broader horizons, people!

And before you accuse me of singling out anime like some mad rabid Japan hater, its not just that I'm talking about because I've even seen this being done in non-anime comics!
Sometimes I cant even find a reason for why the pointy hair is in the comic! It's just.. THERE! And that pisses me off!
After seeing this infuriating style being done everywhere the only reasonable explanation I've seenfor it (apart from the blatant Dragon Ball Z copycat) is that it is just a weak excuse for artists too lazy to draw different hair styles - like mohicans or weaves or baldness.
Just because its easy it doesn't make it right!
Pointy hair is for ammateurs and "okatus"! Learn to draw curls you piccachu wannabes!
Last edited by Mr.Bob on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
 
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box

Postby Corgan_dane on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:39 pm

:x Pointy hair sucks! :x

This message paid for by "Seiffudcm Inc."
Image
User avatar
Corgan_dane
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:12 pm

Postby Steverules on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:44 pm

Mr.Bob wrote: I've seenfor it (apart from the blatant Dragon Ball Z copycat) is that it is just a weak excuse for artists too lazy to draw different hair styles - like mohicans or weaves or baldness.
Just because its easy it doesn't make it right!
Pointy hair is for ammateurs and "okatus"! Learn to draw curls you piccachu wannabes!

Funny how you'd point out how lazy artists who draw pointy hair are when you update once a decade.
Image
User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm

Postby Steverules on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:46 pm

corgan_dane wrote::x Pointy hair sucks! :x

This message paid for by "Seiffudcm Inc."

No, what sucks is another Grim Reaper comic. There's not enough Grim Reaper comics on the web.
Last edited by Steverules on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm

Postby Steverules on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:47 pm

mcDuffies wrote:Finally someone who actually has some artistic merit.

Coming from someone who has the artistic merit of a 1st Grader. Why don't I give you the password to my 1st Grade Art site and you can post your strips where they belong. The only thing that's missing is a 1 pm naptime.
Image
User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm

Postby McDuffies on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:49 pm

steverules wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:Finally someone who actually has some artistic merit.

Coming from someone who has the artistic merit of a 1st Grader. Why don't I give you the password to my 1st Grade Art site and you can post your strips where they belong. The only thing that's missing is a 1 pm naptime.

What are you talking about? I never said such thing!
User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
 
Posts: 29934
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia

Postby Steverules on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:50 pm

mcDuffies wrote:
steverules wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:Finally someone who actually has some artistic merit.

Coming from someone who has the artistic merit of a 1st Grader. Why don't I give you the password to my 1st Grade Art site and you can post your strips where they belong. The only thing that's missing is a 1 pm naptime.

What are you talking about? I never said such thing!

Oh, the mod is trying to backstep and delete his posts? Sad, McD, sad.
Image
User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm

Postby McDuffies on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:52 pm

I never did such thing. If you are accusing me of deleting my post, at least think of something more plausible.
User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
 
Posts: 29934
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia

Postby Steverules on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:55 pm

mcDuffies wrote:I never did such thing. If you are accusing me of deleting my post, at least think of something more plausible.


Hows this

mcDuffies wrote:Neko I apologize for pointing out your comic and saying it's complete crap. You see I suck ass. Plain and simple.
Last edited by Steverules on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm

Postby Mr.Bob on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:55 pm

It takes time for a quality non-pointed strip, Steve.
Did the great rennaisance artists draw pointy hair? No!
Did they take long? yes!

You sir, are a fat head. With pointy hair.
User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
 
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box

Postby Mimo on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:56 pm

mcDuffies wrote:
mimo wrote:Big eyes are awesome

*Looks at Mimo's avatar*


and so are tiny ones :D
Mimo
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 9:56 pm

PreviousNext

 

Return to Archives



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron