I'm BAAAAACK! Re: Kelly (temporarily) stepping down as admin

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

I'm BAAAAACK! Re: Kelly (temporarily) stepping down as admin

Postby STrRedWolf on Thu May 19, 2005 7:59 am

UPDATE: Chris and Nate have tentatively agreed to a revised system adminatrator contract. I'll be sending off a signed copy ASAP to them as soon as Teri agrees -- which I doubt will be any problem. Therefore....

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAa-aaaaaaaaacccccck!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll get to the point this time around:

Until communications improve between KeenSpot and myself, I, Kelly Price (aka STrRedWolf) will no longer administer KeenSpace.

This lack of communications has gotten to a head as of recently. As is, I have been working without a promised contract for the past four years, and without pay for the past year. Because of this, the heavy decision to stop all work has been made.

KeenSpot's Teri Crosby has been notified by phone. I have always be able to contact her by phone, and she has been very graceful. She earns the KeenMom name.

KeenSpot's Darren Bleuel has also been notified by phone via voicemail.

The rest of the KeenSpot staff (Chris Crosby and Nate Stone) has been notified by email.

Stalag '99 will continue, although it may be mirrored off KeenSpace.
Last edited by STrRedWolf on Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Postby Rkolter on Thu May 19, 2005 8:08 am

Part of me wants to say, "Thank God StrRedWolf isn't an Admin anymore."

Another part wants to remind myself (and everyone) that if all you hear is bad about an Admin, but that noise is only a few times a year, then the rest of the year the Admin must be doing a good job.

"Twice I did good, and that I heard never... once I did bad and that I heard ever..."

The remainder of me wants to say, if what you've described is true, you've been more than patient, and I think you're doing a reasonable thing. Good luck Kelly. Stand firm and I hope your point gets made.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Warren on Thu May 19, 2005 8:13 am

You've been far more tolerant than I would have been.

Good luck, amigo.
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phalanx on Thu May 19, 2005 8:16 am

Me? I'm absolutely gutted about this.

Most of you don't know about it because it goes on behind the scenes, but as Help Center Mod, whenever there's a problem that needs urgent Admin attention, it's usually Kelly that I manage to get hold of first to fix it.

(While I occasionally manage to get hold of Kisai too, she's more elusive than Kelly).

Basically put, a lot of the stuff he does goes unnoticed. But in this case, he's got a good reason to be annoyed as any. Sometimes there's a point when you have to put your foot down.
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Col on Thu May 19, 2005 8:44 am

I got no beef with Kelly doing this. Totally right to do this.

Now I've got beef with Spot.
Col
Cartoon Villain

Postby Sam_Charette on Thu May 19, 2005 8:45 am

Kelly is, bar none, one of the best administrators I've seen. He's not perfect, but a lot of people get on his tail for no good reason, and get pissy with him way too fast before they know what's going on. It's really too bad, because he does a great job, and a job that is far more taxing than most forum administrators, since he also takes care of things behind the scenes.

It's truly a bad thing that he's not going to be an admin, even if only temporarily (and hopefully only temporarily).

Kelly, good luck to you. Hopefully things get straightened out and you can come back to work with us, but if not I sincerely hope that you get nothing but good luck from here on out (and maybe a few less detractors ;) )
Sam_Charette
Regular Poster

Postby Spriteville, USA on Thu May 19, 2005 8:51 am

You've done alot without nearly enough recognition, from Spot or from ourselves.

I hope this gets sorted out quickly, and I'm sorry it came to this, but I do agree with you.
Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Thu May 19, 2005 8:57 am

I could repeat most of things said above. Kelly is a good admin. If I ever had a beef with him that was only about some forum decisions and even then, it was no big deal and best intentions. Keenspot is a stabile system and forums are a happy place with more freedom than most of big forums I've seen. Thinking that this isn't a big part thanks to Kelly would be nonsence.

This, together with some other recent or expecting events, may make Spot executives rethink their work philosophy. Or not, we'll see.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby CJBurgandy on Thu May 19, 2005 9:10 am

does this mean without Kelly here, we can ask to let Van back on?
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby Ida on Thu May 19, 2005 9:52 am

I've never understood why some people seem to have a problem with Kelly, so all I want to say is thank you for all the hard work (especially the year without pay) and good luck with whatever you'll do in the close future. :D And of course I hope that your problem with Spot will be solved so all the admin work won't be loaded on Kisai's shoulders for too long. :wink:
Warning: This poster regularly makes unintentionally sexual posts. Or at least "unintentional" is what she claims...

Ida
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Thu May 19, 2005 9:53 am

If there wasn't for Kelly, Van woulda been banned long ago.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Rianeva on Thu May 19, 2005 9:56 am

I haven't been around long, but from what I've seen you've been an awesome admin, Kelly. I hope all the problems with 'Spot get solved quickly...

Thanks for all the hard work. : )
Rianeva
Regular Poster

Postby Isukiyomi on Thu May 19, 2005 10:19 am

Hope everything gets straightened out Kelly ^__^V
Valar Morghulis - Art
Michiko Monogatari~Tehuti
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Thu May 19, 2005 10:51 am

Anything I could possibly say has already been said, so good luck with everything.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Starline on Thu May 19, 2005 11:00 am

Not cool that they haven't been paying him. Not cool at all.

:evil:

Starline
Starline
Regular Poster

Postby AsterAzul on Thu May 19, 2005 12:06 pm

From the short time I've been here, you've been a great admin. I can't believe anyone would put you down for it.
AsterAzul
Regular Poster

Postby Ryuko on Thu May 19, 2005 1:40 pm

I wouldn't have stood that for as long as you did. Relax and keep yourself sane. Whether you come back or not, we'll remember you and all you did to help us. :)
Ryuko
Cartoon Hero

Postby Chibiartstudios on Thu May 19, 2005 2:20 pm

I've only been here a year but I have no real beef with you. You've done a good job as far as I can tell. Good luck and I hope you can come back ASAP.
Help me live my childhood dream of becoming the head of an evil corrupt corporate conglomorate:
Chibiartstudios
Regular Poster

. . .

Postby VileTerror on Thu May 19, 2005 2:58 pm

Um . . .

Does this mean Mr.Bob is getting a promotion to pick up the slack?
Are you resigning from all of admin duties? If I am not horribly mistaken, you are an admin of KeenSpace proper and the KeenSpace forums.
What are the ramifications of your choice and who will be making the decisions that it prompts?
And can I finally get the posts from the Godly and the Damned forum transferred to mine?

* is malleted by a large sardine dressed as a princess *

The hell?
Odd that "Skype" isn't one of the options in the profile. Granted, MSN is now defunct and Skype its replacement . . .
VileTerror
Anti-Villain

Location: n. 1 a place where something is located. 2 the action of location. - DERIVATIVES locational adj.

Postby Mr.Bob on Thu May 19, 2005 3:44 pm

Like already said, our relationship with Kelly has had its ups and downs but I fear his outright departure bodes ill for the rest of us.
Mr.Bob
:(
:(

Next

Return to Archives